1.13 World Released

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by applebranch, Jul 29, 2018.

1. applebranch

applebranch Owner Staff Member Owner

[​IMG]

Hi Applecrafters!

We have released a new 1.13 world! To get to the world, do /worlds from any server on Applecraft and select the RED server. There have been a bunch of questions about the new world so far - I'll answer the FAQ's below.

What's special about the Red server?
    The RED server runs Minecraft 1.13, which means it has coral, dolphins, turtles, and more! It also has some gameplay differences to Applecraft. Specifically, Keep Inventory is OFF in on the RED server.

What happened to the Purple server?
    The PURPLE server has been renamed the BLUE server. This is just a personal preference of mine - it doesn't affect gameplay at all.

When will Blue update to 1.13?
    BLUE will update to 1.13 as soon as it is safe to do so. The BLUE server currently runs 50+ plugins, whereas the RED server only runs ~10 or so. Upgrading the BLUE server is risky, and we could lose some data - this is why we are waiting until it's safe to do so.

Do my ranks/inventory/homes transfer between worlds?
    Your ranks and /vote count will transfer between the RED and BLUE worlds. Your inventories and homes won't transfer between the two worlds.

Does chat work between servers?
    At the moment, no. Chat will work between servers when BLUE updates to 1.13.

Why can't I /vote on the Red server?
    Voting hasn't been configured yet. I am switching to a new vote plugin which will take some time - you will know as soon as it's done, though!

Do you have any other questions? Post below!

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. EnderGolem1539

EnderGolem1539 Member

Can we drop the "Kicked for spamming" thing please? I cant send 5 chats in 3 minutes without being kicked and it's annoying as hell. I understand why it is there, but could you at least adjust it so people who are trying to have a conversation in /msg can do so without getting kicked every 2 minutes?

• Like Like x 3
  3. AppleJamnPB

AppleJamnPB New Member

Is there a reason for such a strict player limit on the Red server?

• Like Like x 1
  4. eradiicate

eradiicate New Member

I can't connect to the server becuase I logged off while on the red world and now it's full. Is there any way I could connect to blue?

5. AppleJamnPB

AppleJamnPB New Member

They just increased the number of people allowed on red server, hopefully you can join soon :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. applebranch

applebranch Owner Staff Member Owner

I increased the player cap so there shouldn't be any issues going forward. :)

And I have no idea what's causing the chat issue but I will check it out tonight and disable that feature.

• Like Like x 3
  7. jasongreen357

jasongreen357 New Member

Really enjoying the new world Thanks Apple. I notice some of the usual greedy players are playing nonstop to clear out the end of all the elyctras already. Can you Please keep resetting it every few days so us normal players can get one, without having to mine for hours to get the diamonds that the greedy asses are going to want for them. Thanks again for the great server, hope you can help, Laters.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Konstruktor

Konstruktor New Member

so Purple World is now named Blue World. it's gonna update to 1.3. when that happens will Red World disappear?

9. Konstruktor

Konstruktor New Member

I think Apple might delete Red World when Blue updates to 1.13.. i'm just guessing though. in other words, if that happens, it doesn't matter then.

10. Commanderblood

Commanderblood Member

I hope we can buy worlds in the future to save our builds..

11. winterjg

winterjg New Member

What about unbreakable kits we purchased? Do we have to buy them again to use them in Red World?

12. Meoweon

Meoweon New Member

So, is Red just temporary? Once Blue fully updates, you'l nuke red? Or is it for keeps?

13. Pixelus

Pixelus New Member

At the moment the two worlds are completely separate and red does not have a shop so items from the shop do not crossover
    Red will stay as a new world which is pretty much vanilla

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  14. savrtuthd

savrtuthd New Member

15. HPlay

HPlay New Member

Never stepping to blue again! I'm disliking the keepinv thing a little tho, can't ever safely wear diamond gear, at least yet.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ze persone

ze persone Active Member

WAIt. Whats the usual player count in red. considering building farms there.

17. Vikrej

Vikrej New Member

who tf is ze persone, and why are they everywhere

• Like Like x 1
  18. ze persone

ze persone Active Member

I tf is Zepersone.

19. Garrieth

Garrieth New Member

Please help out red, the lag is terrible :3 Unplayable even

20. Dawning

Dawning New Member

So it's been a few weeks since Red has opened and we are now facing barren oceans. No fish, dolphins or squid will spawn. I don't know what the issue is, but someone has to look into it and release a statement. Chat is full of "best guesses". Also, I've heard alot of complaints (myself included) about villager breeding seems to be impossible. Is it the server's tick rate? Is it the amount of people breeding turtles? Is it the lag? What's causing the lag? Will it be addressed and when? Also, if nothing will change and the server will simply continue as it is, please let us know as well.

Is it possible to give moderators access to ink sacs or something? It's currently impossible to build with black or dark grey because there are no squid. Fishing for them is the biggest time sink imaginable.

Any word of this from an admin or the owner would be greatly appreciated. Just keep your player base and revenue source in the loop.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1