All mob spawns are decreased

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FreshVenic, Jan 4, 2018.

1. FreshVenic

FreshVenic New Member

Hi there, I have to say I have one problem on the server and that is a little creation of mobs, a couple days ago I was draining the water from the temple and I made a guardian farm however I do needed to call a couple of admin and mods to check if everything is Okay and in the end everything was great.I called them just because guardians are not creating so often 2-3 guardians in 5 to 10 minutes.The same is for mob spawners my buddy has a farm with 4 mob spawners getting 8-12 skeletons per min. Please fix this, much love Fresh :)

• Potato Potato x 1
  2. TheAncapGent

TheAncapGent Active Member

It's to decrease lag, mate.
    They are not gonna change it, unfortunately.

• Potato Potato x 2
  3. gamerbabu

gamerbabu Member

hm, its for decreasing "lag", if ya guys soo wanna decrease lag , so remove all the mob farms too, dont they create lag? i have seen people with 12 spawner farms that create such a lot of goddmn lag, what about hopper limits? people chuck hoppers like hell in their redstone stuff, which is the main reason of lag that i think,People make Fully afk overnight Fish farms, Fully afk Spawner mob farms and afk overnight which creates lag , and on the other side when we are tryin to create a guardian farm without spawners , that will create lag on the server Really guys , this is becoming a Total "pay to win server" buy spawners , spawn eggs from the shop and chuck em in our claims make op farms get cash ... So value for hardwork?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. TheAncapGent

Well, I'm not the guy who made the rules. I'm just the guy telling how it is, and what the past arguments have been, when others have complained about the same thing.

And you cannot "win" Minecraft. There's nothing to win. Sure, you earn diamonds quicker with a lot of spawners and a shop, but you aren't winning anything.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. gamerbabu

gamerbabu Member

lol what's the point of playint then? xD

• Potato Potato x 1
  6. FreshVenic

FreshVenic New Member

"paytowin" means you're best on da server.......

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. TheAncapGent

Are you referring to "paying to win" or the mob thing?

And how are you best on a MC server? By being the best builder? Best PvP'er? The wealthiest in diamonds, iron, emeralds, gold, books, sand or coal etc.? The best ABBA player or miner in general?
    You cannot "win" or be "the best" on a MC server - it's a sandbox game without a definite objective to succeed in.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Jusse07/KingOfPurpur

Jusse07/KingOfPurpur New Member

gamerbubu i dont think they will make hopper limits only on shop plots because hoppers are super important in so much redstone.

• Potato Potato x 2
  9. TheAncapGent

There are already certain limits to the hoppers, they do not have the standard speed of putting through items.
    It was like that over a year ago anyways, which I found out of after I had made an industrial furnace. Great to waste ones time like that.

10. applebranch

applebranch Owner Staff Member Owner

I saw one base today with a guardian farm (not spawner) that had literally 120 guardians in it at a time (while the server had >100 players on) and they were spawning really fast. However obviously this is an issue so I'll see what I can do.

However just FYI our hoppers are 100% vanilla behaviour (as far as I'm aware). If they're slow it's just because the server is laggy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheAncapGent

Then you must have changed it, because I specifically remembers talking with you about it, when I made both my super furnace array and a hidden stairway with a hopper clock, and you told me that the hoppers had been tangled with to prevent lag. This was back when red world didn't exist.

12. Tuffmeister

Tuffmeister New Member

this thread has gotten off track. have you built a roof over the guardian farm ?? if guardian chunks are exposed to sunlight the spawn rates are reduced SIGNIFICANTLY.
    please check your design before assuming the server is at fault.

Your buddy needs to check his light lvls in his skeleton farm

13. R0BoT3CH

R0BoT3CH New Member

I have built guardian farms in the past on applecraft and found that what usually would be the most efficient design, I.e small enough so that the mob cap can be cleared as fast as possible, is now really slow and it's more beneficial to build a huge spawning area with a roof on the top.
    To be honest I think this is a bit of a shame cause they just look so ugly

14. Cherik66

Cherik66 New Member

My skeleton farm gets far more than 12 skeles a minute. Your friend may have a chink in his grinder.