Auctions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by no_r3ason, Jul 3, 2018.

1. no_r3ason

no_r3ason New Member

Hello people !!
    These days i see in the chat many auctions so I suggest adding an auction plugin on the server. I think that it wouldn't get too far from semi-vanilla server. People are doing auction in the chat and to be honest it spams a bit and it’s hard to follow since the chat keeps doing it's regular stuff.

My actual suggestion : Adding an auction plugin in a G.U.I. So to be clear, I’m not suggesting a plugin that actually spams the chat, I'm talking about a command that opens a menu where you see auctions.

I have a good plugin to suggest, the only problem is that this plugin is made to work on sponge. So it wont work here… Maybe, if high staff members and owner see that the community wants an auction plugin they will add one.

Thanks for giving your opinion,

No_R3ason

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Ritesh Trikha

Ritesh Trikha New Member

I've made a bunch off of auctions. getting people into local chat just doesnt work well. Doing auctions in chat is spammy. +1 for the idea of an auction plugin.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DKKitty

DKKitty Meowderator Staff Member Moderator

I don't have too much input to give here as I personally dislike the auction format on the whole,

However, I can concurr that it does indeed get very spammy, also ive noticed the auctioneers missing bids and messages due to the fast flow of chat too.

A plugin that either moved autions into a separate GUI or perhaps into a chat channel or tab (much like /local) where you can choose to view or not view that channel resectively, would both decrease the spamminess of chat.

Although, the spam isn't that excessive, and auctions don't happen every day so this isn't a high priority issue, and perhaps would not warrant an edit to our current setup or indeed the time spent writing a plugin for it.

=^.,.^=

• Like Like x 2
  4. TheAncapGent

TheAncapGent Active Member

Not against it, just wanna point out that it's been brought up before - and it was turned down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. no_r3ason

no_r3ason New Member

I agree with your idea DKKitty ! Putting the auction system in a GUI or in a different chat would be really good for people that don't want to participate.

I agree that there are no auctions every day but, I think that people would use the system a lot if it exist. It could be implant in a certain rank too (for example : elite can have 2 auctions at the same time, etc.).

I would say that the spam isn't that excessive yet. People participate a lot. I'm not talking about an edit of the current setup, just adding a new system in our economy.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Batarian

Batarian Member

If the GUI could update in real time with bids and stuff, then I guess it could work. But if it could not be done and bids were delayed and it becomes clunky then it could just be a mess.
    That being said, I do think something along these lines would be beneficial for global chat, and both buyers and sellers.

7. Mariozgr8

Mariozgr8 Moderator Moderator

Personally, I like the idea of an auction system where people could sell rare items without having to auction them in chat. However, there is something in our economy that conflicts with the regular auction system. Usually, players bid using their balance, a currency we have here at applecraft but that is used for something other than buying items. If we have an auction system that take diamond as a bid, how can the diamonds be taken from the player if there are not in his inventory or if he is online.
    The auction system would be great if there was some way it used diamond blocks as a currency by storing them somewhere while the auction take place etc...

That's just my opinion on the matter ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. DKKitty

DKKitty Meowderator Staff Member Moderator

This is very true and the only "sensible" way to do it rn would be to only accept vote dollars as auction/bidding currency...

what we would ideally need if we were to impement this is
    to have a custom plugin written that would accept dias or dbs as bids but only if you have them in your inventory and also that immediately cancels all bids from a player if they go offline...

Do we have any good custom plugin writers that aren't apple? :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheAncapGent

TheAncapGent Active Member

And in addition, it would be a great way to burn off som diamonds, if diamonds could be exchanged to vote dollars and not back. But it would probably just end up having the effect of moving the problem from the main currency to the secondary, so I don't know. :/