Ban appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by dquawg, Jul 10, 2018.

1. dquawg

dquawg New Member

In-game name: dquawg
    Ban date: 7/10/2018
    Ban reason (if known): "LAG excessive item drops, wont stop even after being told"
    Moderator who banned (if known):DKKitty
    Comments/explanation: Was reengineering a mob farm to eliminate a bottleneck that was causing a ton of mobs to accumulate. In the process I needed to temporarily block off a zombie pigman spawner. No quick way to disable it since they spawn at any light level, but I was trying to work quickly. Got kicked for excessive entities (understandable), logged back in to keep trying to fix the problem, got kicked again (still understandable--I'm trying to fix a problem here, but I'm obviously also temporarily creating a bigger one in the process). Got kicked again/temp banned. Nobody ever said anything to me (other than that I had been kicked for too many entities, which I was actively trying to resolve), I just got temp banned for lag while trying to reduce the lag that my mob farm was creating. Totally get it why lag is an issue, but I'm trying to be a good Applecraft citizen here, not trying to make problems. Had anyone asked me to do literally anything to address the problem in a different way I would have complied.

2. Smoerni

Smoerni The Vault Hunter of AppleCraft Moderator

I'll start off with this. You ignored both pms from DK and myself. You trying to fix your problem doesn't mean you can't reply with a simple message of acknowledgement. That being said, your mob farm wasn't the source of the issue. It was a machine that you made to deliberately cause lag by dropping items into a hole without destroying them. This temp ban was our way of getting your attention without any form of proper response. It was 10 minutes, you can get back on. However, you're also being placed in jail for 2 days since we have reason to believe that it was intentional and you didn't exactly defend your case besides this post which doesn't even say you saw our messages.

3. dquawg

dquawg New Member

Totally fair. I didn't see your messages, but that's obviously on me not on you.

The hole that you refer to has a hopper at the bottom--I'm dropping witches to kill them, so I just dump stuff from the farm into the same hole, not in any way intentionally causing lag.

I don't know how to state it any clearer that I'm really, truly, not trying to cause problems here. (Also not trying to appeal the jail time--I can see this from your perspective too and I'm not asking you to make another judgment call.)

4. DKKitty

DKKitty Meowderator Staff Member Moderator

As Smoerni said, we did message you multiple times, the last of which being a warning that if you didn't stop we would remove you until we could fix it, and if you check your .logs folder you'll be able to see the proof of that.

I appreciate you didn't see these messages at the time, but when you claim to have been trying to fix the problem that is where I strongly disagree.

Whilst we were actually trying to fix the issue, you came back, after 2 kicks and multiple warings, and just started to harvest carrots at your villager farm with fortune.

This added to the issue A Lot and is in no way connected to fixing a witch grinder or indeed the actual problem.

You increased the lag you were already causing by almost 50% by doing that and you were over 50 blocks away from the real source of the problem; the machine.

I've attached a screenshot of the machine in question but it definitely had no hopper to collect at the the other end, we dismantled it and left the remaining mats in the chest that was the input.

It was a continual clock on a dispenser that was pumping out arrows just on to sand with no lava or collection point, that also only had manual input so wasn't being fed from any farm, esp witch as it was 100% arrows.

Your temp ban is indeed over and your jail will remain in place as there is no possible or plausible explanation for that machine other than to cause lag

2018-07-10_15.05.10.png

2018-07-10_15.04.17.png

5. dquawg

dquawg New Member

That was dumping stuff onto a cactus, hence the sand and the empty blocks on all four sides. It's a garbage disposal.

I had no idea where all the entities were so I went up to the farm and started to dismantle it, thinking that the villagers may have been part of the problem.