Combined XP Orbs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PacmanMC, Jun 18, 2017.

1. PacmanMC

PacmanMC New Member

I am a newer player to this wonderful server and recently spent 3+ hours making a Cave Spider XP farm. The only issue here is that I am assuming (could be wrong) that upon investigation this server has the setting on that combines separate XP orbs into 1 big XP orb and that breaks the entire XP farm. I'm sure there are other people that have found this to be an issue and having separate XP orbs doesn't create serverside lag, only client side and most of the time the XP is collected instantly so its not like it's that big of an issue anyways.

Anyways, in short I would love if combined XP or whatever it is called could be disabled so that XP orbs dropped by mobs were the same as vanilla Minecraft where they are just a bunch of separate orbs (if that makes sense) rather than the seperate orbs combining into 1 big XP orb. This would help fix XP farms that break because of this after people spend a large amount of time making them. It also isn't stated anywhere that this is a thing and it is very frustrating to discover it is a thing after I spend a ton of time making the farm.

2. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Active Member

How does it break the farm?

3. Ampeg

Ampeg Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I never had an issue regarding the size of my experience orbs. It has never even been a factor in any farms I have built. I can only speak for me of course.

4. Spanky_Swe

Spanky_Swe Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Never encountered an issue with this either at any of my xp farms

5. Ampeg

Ampeg Moderator Staff Member Moderator

and you have the best xp farms! True story!:D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. shadowfire109

shadowfire109 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

To add to what everyone is saying the orb combining is a vanilla mechanic anyone as you can only absorb so much exp a second/minute so if might be the fact that your farm might be producing more exp than the player can absorb for that time window.