Control your mods V2

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by tomes20, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomes20

tomes20 New Member

Pure_Purple_ How dare you disrespect your title of mod... how dare you! First of all you abuse your powers of mod by smiting me, then you mute me... why? What rules did I break? Huh?

Why didn't you do anything when I was being griefed? If you guys want a backstory, I started playing on this server 2 days ago and when I just joined I was offered by xAlys to live there as a resident. I would like to make it aware that I was GIVEN permission as a resident to live there. So I lived there for two days and I put so much time and effort into building a house there in that limited amount of time. I then had my house griefed and my chests robbed, so I asked Pure to roll it back. Then after this happened the owner suddenly decided to kick me out after they realised that the mods rolled back my house. I said that I would if my house was moved to a new location; instead he laughed at me, smited me and then watched as my house was griefed by MentallyUnstable.

What I don't understand is why couldn't he just have waited for an admin to come and move my house? Instead he just sat there and watched my house getting griefed. (https://ibb.co/jUbKSq)

Addeve himself has even stated that the only time a player's house can be removed is if they're inactive, otherwise it's griefing so why did this happen? (https://ibb.co/hiEZtV)

Also, what gives you the right to mute me? I want an explanation now! Were you scared that I was exposing you in chat? I hadn't broken any rules and I hadn't said anything offensive so it gives you NO RIGHT. I found it funny how you left as soon as my mute timer was about to expire, why was that so? Were to trying to avoid me? Could you not handle the truth escaping?

This island I was a citizen in turned into a residential area ever since I was given my own plot so I could build, the fact that the owner didn't like the colour of my flooring in my house DOES NOT GIVE HER THE RIGHT TO GRIEF MY HOUSE just like it doesn't give you the right to smite and mute people UNNECESSARILY. Before I end this, I'd like to make it aware that I was so patient and I was telling Pure that I was 100% willing to move if he just moved my house, but instead he allowed my house to be griefed and took amusement as he belittled me in the process.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Tamsin

Tamsin Moderator Staff Member Moderator

So, first off, the claim owners were punished for the original grief, which from what they were saying was them trying to help you finish your house. I do not know if this was true, so that's all I'll say on that matter.
    Secondly, the fact that they let you live there does not make their claim a town. They had no town hall, no roads, no town rules, all of which are staple signs of a town. This means that you were living on their private claim, at their discretion, not yours. So they asked you to leave, even gave you an hour to remove the small building and small amount of items. You demanded that your house be moved, despite the fact that you were told by myself that only admins had world edit, and world edit is not updated to 1.13 yet (to my knowledge). So you refused to move. You were told by staff to move, and you did not. The claim owners started removing your house since you were refusing to move. This was not griefing. This was them removing you from their claim, which as the claim owners, they had every right to do, and Pure and I were there to make sure that nothing shady went down. They gave you back all the materials you used to build your small house.

" Before I end this, I'd like to make it aware that I was so patient and I was telling Pure that I was 100% willing to move if he just moved my house, but instead he allowed my house to be griefed and took amusement as he belittled me in the process."

This is untrue. Here is what you actually said to Pure about your house.
    RANGER : TomesDevkota > I'll give this to you Purple and YOU have to build it for me
    RANGER : TomesDevkota > You're a disgusting mod, you abused your powers with me last time by smiting me...
    RANGER : TomesDevkota > YOU HAVE TO BUILD MY HOUSE NOW
    Those are some tidbits taken from my chat logs. You were belligerent in chat, despite being told to not continue the argument in chat, and instead make a forum post here. You were warned by Pure not to continue or you'd get muted, and still you persisted. Here is the warning:
    MAGENTARATOR : Pure_Purple_ > tomes if you dont calm down ill have to pass down a mute, you're disturbing the peace and that goes for you too RiptidePlayzMC dont join on this

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  3. AnakinWolf777

AnakinWolf777 New Member

I stand by Tomes in this fight. In the screenshot it is clearly seen that Addeve, an admin, has said that tearing down an inactive player's house in town is, in fact, griefing. If tearing down an inactive player's home is griefing then how much more of a crime is it when the player is active??? They say it's a different scenario because it's not a town, however I disagree. A town is an area where player(s) have allowed other players to build, which, in fact, was the case here. It was a town and they destroyed the house and that is therefore griefing. Players tried to say he was breaking rule #5 which is Do not disrespect other players or staff. However he was being targeted before that so it's actually defense. And is it against the rules to defend yourself? No. How I see it, the staff and other players were the ones committing the crimes, other then the griefers of course. I have multiple screenshots of the chat log that shows that he was repeatedly disrespected.
    https://prnt.sc/lgjrqa
    https://prnt.sc/lgjs4z
    Not only that but the staff was favoring them because they are donors that griefed. Their names being xAlyz and JadeOwO. They are a hero rank and a titan rank respectively. And is this a load of bogus? No. Down below is a screenshot of Tomes saying that they were openly treated as daughter in laws in local.
    https://prnt.sc/lgjt0e
    I believe this is wrong and I strongly suggest punishment for not only the players who did the wrong, but the staff who chose to help them. However, it is not really my place to say. But I am here not only to play, but defend those who need defending. As the whole server active in chat was being excessively rude to him, the staff was rude to them and nobody should be above the rules or the punishments. I find it extremely sad when fellow Applecrafters treat ranked people lower than them as if they were worse. Tomes has withstood the bullying and to the contrary of what players were saying, I believe that he stood his ground and did as what was supposed to be. The staff not only have been rude to him, but Pure and the other mods on have stalked me and many other players for no reason and I feel that they are endangering me and others. I have not posted about this because I do not care so much about being mistreated myself, but I hate it when others are mistreated and nobody does a thing to help.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Pure

Pure Moderator Staff Member Moderator

First off I'd like to address how our ruling system works when it comes to claims and players building on land that they do not own. If the owner of a claim takes down a building of yours, this does not count as griefing. In your case, you DID NOT own the claim. However they do need to give you your items back, which I made sure happened, this included your building resources. Mentallyunstxable's claim is not a town. From what I've seen you were granted permission to build on Mentallyunstxble's claim and fair enough you built a house. They changed their mind. You weren't allowed to continue to be on their land. You were asked to take it down which you refused to do so. Meaning your permission was revoked.
    Admins move builds when it's outside another claim which was there first (The claim/build existing outside under 100 blocks)
    Hopefully, that gives you some understanding.

As for the mute, you were warned multiple times not stir things in global chat, I had other moderators on at the time who agreed you were causing a ruckus, Tamsin was trying to calm you down and you continued on and borderline aggressively taunting the moderators who were on at the time. Furthermore, the smite was to encourage you to leave someone else's claim, you failed to mention the part where you camped outside a player's base and repeatedly killed them. Abuse seems to be a loose term in your vocabulary.

Please read our rules and enjoy the server:
    http://applecraft.org/community/index.php?threads/the-applecraft-players-handbook.10153/#post-31715

Also do /rules.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Pure

Pure Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Woops it didn't show me that you said something tams haha. Well, there you go, from two mods.

6. Tamsin

First, I run one of the biggest towns on the server (which I have been running since I joined, well before I became staff), so I'm pretty clear on what makes a town, a town. The most important thing in that instance, is whether the claim owner says it's a town, which was not the case. You can't just decide for someone else whether their claim is a town or not.
    Secondly, rank had no place in the incident whatsoever. As server staff, we took the side of those people who were following the server rules. If a donor breaks the rules, you may be assured that they will be punished the same as everyone else.
    And thirdly, you were not involved at all in this incident until you butted into it yourself, which was uncalled for and the next time I catch you purposefully making an issue worse (which is what you did here) I will be taking the issue to an admin. You are not staff, you did not know the player in question, you were not involved with either the claim or the build. In the future, kindly fuck off. Not to be disrespectful, but when we're trying to do our jobs as mods, and someone comes along and makes the situation worse by riling people up and involving themselves in the issue, it's extremely frustrating, not to mention inhibiting to us.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. tomes20

tomes20 New Member

@Tamsin "And thirdly, you were not involved at all in this incident until you butted into it yourself" - FUNNY! Isn't that what you did? When I told you it wasn't your business so go away? At least I had the courtesy of not telling you to "fuck off" like you did in your post! How unprofessional and low class do you have to be as a mod to resort to cussing players out on the forums because you didn't like their opinion? By the way, he DOES know me and in addition to that it's his right to voice his opinion about an issue, you trying to threatening to an admin won't work because he hasn't broken any rules. You're a mod not a player, get the differences straight and start acting like one.

This post wasn't isn't intended for you; do you see your name here? Did I mention you in the posts? Nah, cause you were irrelevant until you decided to get involved. There was already a mod present dealing with the issue, so why did you get involved then? Are you inferring that Pure is such an incompetent mod that he needs your help to do his job correctly?

It works both ways Tamsin. I wanted Pure to reply to this not you so stop begging for attention An admin's reply would be more useful than other mods opinion. Furthermore, you quoting my chat doesn't really prove anything? Everything I said in my post was included in your chat logs and when was voicing my opinion included as being 'belligerent'? When was exposing mod abuse considered 'belligerent'? I love how Pure goes "the smite was to encourage you to leave someone else's claim" but couldn't you have just done /spawn for me? I mean I'm pretty sure you don't need a player to tell you how to use your mod commands effectively. You tell me not to "stir things" when clearly you were purposefully smiting just to piss me off and YOU were the one stirring in the situation. As for the chat, a player is allowed to disagree with a mod and voice his opinions about why he thinks they're being unfair but that DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT to silence them from their opinion by a mute, you're a diabolical mod. The only time a mute is necessary is when they break a rule i.e. spamming in chat, not for voicing their opinion so don't act innocent all of a sudden in forums!

Furthermore, @Pure why couldn't you have shown me this earlier and explained the rules about towns? Maybe if you weren't being so unprofessional by smiting and muting me, maybe some kind of common sense would've come and you would've realised that you could send this to me in chat to read.

Towns
    Town Rules

To acquire a town warp you must meet the below standards and then maintain them in order to keep the warp :

1. Have at least 2 active town mayors, both at least Legend rank.
    2. Have several roads for players to walk around on.
    3. Have at least 8 players living in your town.
    4. Have a building or board for the town rules such as
      -Time to finish a building
      -Number of plots allowed
      -Can players build anywhere or only in marked areas
      -Any forbidden building styles like exposed lava fountains
      -Listing if the town has a theme or block theme
      -Not allowing players to build redstone contraptions without Mayor(s) permission
      -Making sure they have a rules stating no living outside the town (eg: X amount of blocks away from town is still part of the town)
    I 100% understand the meaning of towns now, considering I was new. However, the issue I'm trying to convey is griefing. What gives a player the right to invite another player onto their plot, gives them their own sub-plot, allows them to build a big and nice house, and afterwards decided to kick them out and grief their house? THAT'S NOT FAIR, I was invited under the false pretence that I was welcome onto that island but instead I was griefed and robbed by the owners. That's not fair on the person who spent all that time and effort creating a nice house for it to be destroyed all of a sudden. For your information, world edit is available for admins .. (kind of embarrassing how a player has to tell you that) and this issue could've been resolved if an admin just moved my house somewhere else. It was very unfortunate that a mod acted so unprofessionally in this manner and instead of helping the situation calm down, actively tried to ignite and worsen it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. tomes20

tomes20 New Member

Disappointed with you @Tamsin , there I was before praising you for being such a professional mod before and now you decide to cuss players out on forums. Thank you for showing your true colours because now I know how truly malicious you are

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tamsin

I was there the entire time (before Pure was) since I noticed your argument with alys in pm. I was disguised as a parrot so I could keep an eye on whether or not there was going to be actual griefing, which since they told you to leave repeatedly and you still refused, insulted them, etc, and they only then decided to remove you themselves, it was not griefing.
    As stated above, I run one of the largest towns on the server, and if you had been living there and acted that way towards myself or any of the other residents, I would have removed you too. You talk about professionalism, but have yet to show any yourself.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. AnakinWolf777

AnakinWolf777 New Member

I see that it was not an official town.
    But it had multiple houses or not?
    Did it have roads?
    How many players live there? If there's more than 5 people it's not a private island.
    Tamsin remember when me and Krispie28's town was griefed? You cussed at me in a pm and were very rude to me. Both of you seem to think you're above the rules, You say do /rules BUT DO IT YOURSELF! You will clearly see that it says do not disrespect other players then says staff. Also you gripe at him for bringing it to global, but it was you who brought it to global. I believe neither of you mods deserve your title as moderator because you're a sorry excuse for a person to keep the server from going out of control. You cause more problems than good! In fact, I have seen 'rule breakers' who were muted/ jailed that have done more for the server than you have. So leave him alone and I will be having a talk with Applebranch about both of you. Good day!

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. tomes20

tomes20 New Member

Hmmm... false allegations now @Tamsin ? Instead of just stating it why don't you SHOW evidence with print screens of how I "insulted" them, just like AnakinWolf777 and I are doing. I guarantee half your arguments will end up becoming useless.
    I love love love love love how you make fake rumours about me because it just gives me more things to throw back at you :)
    [02:04:33] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] ? [LOCAL] RANGER : TomesDevkota > I was allowed to live here
    [02:04:38] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] ? [LOCAL] HERO : xAlyz > tomes you can fuck off. backstabbing attention seeking jerk
    Before saying anything else GIVE ME A CHAT LOG OF WHERE I SAID SOMETHING AS RUDE AS THAT and then I'll talk to you again because right now I can't be bothered dealing with someone that is so desperate that they have to resort to false allegations. I guarantee you won't :p
    Congratulations, you've played yourself @Tamsin
    Why aren't you making a post mentioning xAlyz's bad behaviour. This goes against the rules of 'Not respecting other players', doesn't it? Sort of shot yourself in the foot there didn't you...
    Why blame me but not her? Answer these questions instead of just cowering and hiding behind your empty threats. We've exposed you! You were mentioning that you were "watching the whole time" so why didn't you mute her for saying that? Same goes for you @Pure

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Tamsin

I saved the entire chat log from the moment you logged on :3 I'd be happy to comb through and bring up some direct quotes.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. tomes20

tomes20 New Member

Awww how sweet... still haven't answered my questions though :) @Tamsin
    Funny how @Pure isn't replying and has to rely on you to defend himself. How much of a coward is he? Can't even defend himself or explain his OWN actions. His behaviour was vile, disgusting and abusive and when he gets called out for it he decides to hide away from the issue instead of apologising. I still haven't had an explanation from you for why you abused your powers. All I hear is excuses

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. tomes20

tomes20 New Member

[02:03:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] ? MYTHICAL : DJLAW11 > DaddyPhatSax
    [02:03:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] ? [LOCAL] HERO : xAlyz > awh its okay dad in law
    [02:03:18] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] ? MYTHICAL : DJLAW11 > is that an alt or something
    [02:03:19] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] Dayvid587 has logged out.
    [02:03:19] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] ? [LOCAL] MAGENTARATOR : Pure_Purple_ > tomes delete the home you set here and leave please.
    [02:03:21] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] ? [LOCAL] HERO : xAlyz > it was a misunderstanding
    [02:03:22] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] ? [LOCAL] RANGER : TomesDevkota > daddy in law?
    [02:03:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] ? [LOCAL] TITAN : MentallyUnstxble > SHOOSHYY
    [02:03:31] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] ? [LOCAL] HERO : xAlyz > shooshy <3

@Pure Great work "daddy in law" xD and "shooshy <3" . For anyone just reading, this is what I had to deal with... these weird people, who clearly know each other and are close friends gang up on me and verbally attack me and forcibly try to grief my property. I'm sure your daughter in laws are happy about you're fantastic work attacking other players "shooshy"

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Tamsin

You insulted their home, where they allowed you to live (for riptide's benefit, it was the two claim owners, Tomes, and one of the claim owner's friends living there and there were no roads).
    RANGER : TomesDevkota > For the record I don't want to live in this dirty island, I want my house moved

You insulted one of the mods.
    RANGER : TomesDevkota > big boy thinks he's powerful now

You screamed about how it was our fault that an admin couldn't move your house.
    RANGER : TomesDevkota > Instead of letting an admin deal with this and just move my house you decide to be petty and detroy it
    RANGER : TomesDevkota > you're disgusting how dare you allow griefing
    CLAW-DERATOR : TamsinCrowe > An admin couldn't move your house either
    RANGER : TomesDevkota > An admin has world edit
    CLAW-DERATOR : TamsinCrowe > Since world edit has't updated for 1.13 yet
    RANGER : TomesDevkota > Well is that my fault?
    RANGER : TomesDevkota > IS THAT MY FAULT?
    CLAW-DERATOR : TamsinCrowe > No, but making such a big deal out of it is
    RANGER : TomesDevkota > That's your fault
    RANGER : TomesDevkota > Go and get world edit
    MAGENTARATOR : Pure_Purple_ > tomes i understand your fustration but please know thats not how our system works, they dont want you here anymore and so you need to move your stuff and they're giving you the resources to build it else where and your items

More insults towards the mods.
    MAGENTARATOR : Pure_Purple_ > take these items and leave please.
    RANGER : TomesDevkota > You're disgusting honestly

Trying to kill the claim owners pets.
    TITAN : MentallyUnstxble > now ur tryina kill my wifes dog
    HERO : xAlyz > u tried to kill my dog tomes

Demand compensation for a build that had been there for a day.
    RANGER : TomesDevkota > But my house that toook ages to build is now gone
    RANGER : TomesDevkota > What kind of compensation are you going to give me for this?

Yet more insults towards the mods.
    RANGER : TomesDevkota > You're disgusting, completely biased

Using a derogatory slur towards the claim owners/mods, which if I had caught in the moment, I'd have muted you then.
    RANGER : TomesDevkota > And then you need your little bum buddy mods to back you up

Your warning for getting muted.
    MAGENTARATOR : Pure_Purple_ > tomes if you dont calm down ill have to pass down a mute, you're disturbing the peace and that goes for you too RiptidePlayzMC dont join on this

...And the continuation that got you muted.
    RANGER : TomesDevkota > They're not evil hearted and disgusting like these mods

And then you started messaging me, cause I was still online whereas Pure had to leave.
    [ TomesDevkota -> TamsinCrowe ] It's funny how that coward left after my mute timer was over

To which I did not respond because we had made it clear that the discussion was over unless it was over the forums.
    Pure is not responding because he lives in a much different time zone.

This is the last comment I'll be making before turning this over to an admin if you still wish to continue. I will send them my complete chat logs, and any other viable information they wish for. I'm tired of dealing with attention seeking players causing drama on the server. As for your obsession with bias, I was at the scene long before Pure was, have little to nothing to do with the claim owners, and originally I teleported incognito as a parrot for your benefit so I could make sure you weren't getting griefed, but then made judgement calls as I observed the whole situation. I would have removed your house from their claim myself if they had not beat me to it (in the future for anyone else reading this, please let mods handle removing people from your claims in similar situations, it's easier for everyone).
    I hope your behavior on the server in the future is better.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  16. AnakinWolf777

AnakinWolf777 New Member

Ahh yes, but why don't you show what was said to him for him to say that? You started disrespecting him first and therefore it's defending himself. Is there a rule against defending themself?

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. tomes20

tomes20 New Member

Phahahaha. Attention seeking? Who me? Who was the one that decided to get herself involved in the first place? @Tamsin
    Wow I've disrespected you so much by saying it's "YOUR FAULT". As for Pure, he was abusing his power as mod. For a mod to abuse his powers as mod with a player who isn't able to access the same powers is a coward, pathetic and highly irresponsible. That's not an insult, it's a fact! You ganged up on me to cuss me out and instead of showing me links to the rules of towns, like you're doing now on the forums. You acted unprofessional. Now when I take it to the forums you try and act all professional by putting "for your benefit" and "I hope your behavior on the server in the future is better". Why don't you mind your own business? Should've let an admin handle this looooong ago, it's a little too sorry and a little too late to be saying this now.

@AnakinWolf777 has a point there, show the whole logs! Stop trying to manipulate people by showing modified snippets. For the dog killing, that's a lie. I haven't killed their dogs. They're just looking for a reason to blame me because they've realised that they're in the wrong and you're just looking for some way to expose me.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. AnakinWolf777

AnakinWolf777 New Member

Also, I do not appreciate you doing that when you and pure had all the active players in chat, who were not involved in the incident either, mind you, and you did NOTHING to stop that! Why? You're a biased, abusive, USELESS moderator and I hope both of you know I just posted my pm to Applebranch. I am tired of you two throwing around your staff ranks. Moderator is a rank not just to give power and authority, but honor. And you've taken that honor, and desecrated it. You are a disgrace to the staff! I have reason to believe you won't have the staff rank to throw around within the end of the week.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. tomes20

tomes20 New Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Jay

Jay New Member

I got to support Tomes on this one. I'm not trying to start a fight and I'm very neutral on this argument, but I think that you guys are abusing the power of Mods. As Mods, you should be responsible for keeping peace and stability on the server. This also is with the idea that you are given everyone on this server a fair chance and a say on things. I understand that you were trying to solve the situation with Tomes, but I think that you took this problem the wrong way and in the end caused more problems for yourself and for Tomes. If this situation was taken at a different approach and your power was used more appropriately, things might have been much better than now. And if you are on the same page as me and understand, I ask as a humble player on your server to please apologize to Tomes and supposedly try not to abuse your power. I would hate to think that I joined this server runned by corrupted mods. If you don't understand, I would be happy to try to explain things a bit more and to try to help out in this problem. If you choose to retaliate and/or ignore me, I would be disappointed. Please try to understand and try to use your power as mods more correctly. You are leaders in this server, so I beg of you to act more like one. And as John Steinbeck said, "Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts... perhaps the fear of a loss of power." Hope you guys keep that quote in mind.

• Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.