Controls your mods

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by Red1Monster, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Red1Monster

Red1Monster New Member

I won't post this in ban appeals beacause it's a temp ban and i don't think i will get un banned within two hours but here it is:

It begins with me, i sold a wither head to someone for 5 db on red. The person said he wasn't happy because he thought it was a skull. So i gave him back 4db+8 dias, i kept one, and he kept the head. He didn't seem angry or too frustrated about it, and he only lost one dia, so he logged off and i thought it would end there.

Some minutes after, Silversaka or something, a mod from blue moderating temporarily on red, talked to me about it, i explained him what happened, i gave the guy back all his dias minus one, and that i was allowed to keep it, since red rules only prohibit tp scamming. But silver insisted, so, since it was only one dia, i said i would give it back when the guy would come back online to end the conversation. But, Silver insisted for him to take the dia and to give me a punishement after ! So i read the red rules again and saw that there is nothing that says mods can punish you whenever they want. I said that to him, and then he sent me a message saying something (he seemed pretty mad at the moment) but when i looked over to read it, my screen already displayed the temp ban screen. He never asked me to end the conversation and i didn't break the rules, we were just talking.

So I post this as i think what i got was unfair and that the rules should be changed to control the mods more, not allow them to do whatever they want to whoever they want, maybe add a forum for mod abuse or make sure good people who remain calm only become moderators.

Answer me quickly,

Red1Monster

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Flame_star1

Flame_star1 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

All forms of scamming are not allowed on the server.

Now, personally, from your side (keep in mind I haven't heard the other sides to this story), I don't think this is scamming as you returned all all diamonds except one and let him keep the head. That being said, if you are working out a solution with someone who potentially thinks you are scamming them, make sure to explain exactly why you are keeping that one diamond. It sounds like there was just some confusion between you and the person you sold the head to. That player likely was under the impression that you scammed them and wasn't aware that you kept the diamond because they kept the head.

It also helps if you cooperate with members of the staff when asked to do something. Your mistake was not giving the diamond to Silver and arguing upon being asked to do so.

For clarification: when you read the RED rules document:
    • "No trade/TP scams" is clearly written on the rules. This means no trade scams and no tp scams, not just tp scams.
    • "Respect other players, staff, and helpers!" is also listed in the rules. Make sure to listen to what everyone has to say, especially when dealing with potential scams.

Hopefully paying attention to these things will prevent you from getting into any trouble in the future. Thank you for playing, and I hope you enjoy your time on the server when your temp ban ends.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Red1Monster

Red1Monster New Member

To be clear, i did not refuse to give him the diamond, but argued as the other guy could potentially not get it because sliver is a temporary mod on red. I'm sorry to be worried that the diamond gets delivered.

My point is that i didn't do anything wrong, i never insulted silver, and he didn't ask me to end the conversation. I argued a little bit when he asked to refund the last dia, but that was it (by nothing wrong, i mean after trading with the guy). On my opinion, i've had a respectful conversation where the other person got madder and madder and i got temp-banned without breaking rules. I was just asking about the rules, to be certain i couldn't keep the diamond during the whole conversation wich leads to my thread title: you can't have mods running around banning whoever they want when they're mad even though they didn't break the rules

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. SilverSasak3

SilverSasak3 Kelp Captain Staff Member Moderator

When I discussed everything with you, nothing was mentioned about the player keeping a head and you keep a diamond. Confusion, yes, but I did the best I could to abide by the rules provided to the Red world. I even ask the Helpers for clarification if I don't know. So, if you stated that "We agreed on he keeps a head, and I get a diamond.", Thats one thing! But Nothing was said about it? Sorry sir, your temporary ban should be up by now.

5. DKKitty

DKKitty Meowderator Staff Member Moderator

Moderators are moderators across AppleCraft.

Blue, Red, Green, Hub and competition worlds alike, we go where we are needed and we work openly as a team.

There is no such thing as a "temporary mod" and **even if** Silversasak3 had gone offline that day and mysteriously dissappeared forever, the diamond would still be able to be recovered by us or an administrator.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Mel Staff Member Admin

Issues and reports is the best place for this. Either way bring evidence such as logs or better yet screenshots otherwise it is difficult to determine what really happened.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cow_King94

Cow_King94 Member

Shouldn't it be required that for someone to be banned there must be evidence and proof that they did something they should be banned for? People should NEVER be banned just because someone accused them of doing something they could be banned for, there must be evidence and proof. Innocent until proven guilty.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Deimo5

Deimo5 De'min Staff Member Admin

Our moderators and administrative have been trained and are trusted to make rulings based on what they see, when they see evidence that rules are being broken they are supposed to investigate and gather enough information to satisfy beyond a reasonable doubt that someone is breaking the rules. In the case of xray it's easy, we can get evidence easily before or after. However some times you cannot, I have seen hackers flying to fast for me to get a screen shot of them. It's situational and is why we have appeals because the logistics of saving data on everyone we ban would be nutters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Cow_King94

Cow_King94 Member

Good point, but in this specific situation, regarding what happened to Red1Monster, SilverSasak3 had no evidence, not witnessed evidence or recorded evidence.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Red1Monster

Red1Monster New Member

Yes, that was what i was trying to say. But, we can stop this now guys, a temp ban is only two hours and it's been over a long time ago. I got over it, you can all too. Although I would really want to know how mods are "trained".

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. PartumCreed

PartumCreed Member

The conversation stopped, you just revived it.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Red1Monster

Red1Monster New Member

Well 1:I don't go reading every single date on threads, 2:It didn't revive since nobody else than you replied and 3: Cow_king's message seemed to lead to more conversation in the future

• Dislike Dislike x 1