Gambling in AC getting out of hand

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by derpywafflegamer, Nov 30, 2018.

1. derpywafflegamer

derpywafflegamer Member

Hi people of applecraft! Here on the Red world, there have been a few folks (im not naming names) but they have been gambling in game and have been using global chat to gamble... it really seems to overflow global chat, and when I ask them politely and show them to command to go to local chat so it doesn't appear in the chat, they say that they don't feel like it. This issue has happened before a few months ago, and I suggest a few solutions:

1. Ban gambling totally
    2. Only allow gambling in local chats
    3. Or do nothing about it :c)

Thank you so much,
    ~~BabyWqfflez
    EDIT: it is already banned, so these people should be banned :< I dont remember their names tho which is sad

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  2. WhiteGlue

WhiteGlue Active Member

Gambling is banned, I thought? Why isn't it banned through all worlds if it isn't?

3. Sarpadian

Sarpadian New Member

gambling is banned in all servers unless approved and run by a staff member

4. CoreLyrixian

CoreLyrixian Member

Hello can you please give us an example or exact phrases you've seen in chat regarding gambling? This is just to clarify.

5. derpywafflegamer

derpywafflegamer Member

They were saying things like "Best out of 3" and they were saying stuff like "dangit, I lost to you" and then they gambled away their items like that
    ~or some shit I do remember that Lansberry was involved... and EDIT: LordVeilus Was too

6. Zedric

Zedric Member

It'd be good if you have screenshot evidence. As to the "Best of 3", I'm assuming that's from the scissors, paper, rock machine created by Warfcat. I believe there's no gambling involved there, but hey, take this as a grain of salt.

7. Sir Edrick

Sir Edrick Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hey waffy, yeah, I was involved in implementing the no gambling rule, it should be applied to red and blue equally. The problem with just using chat however is without a staff member there to see what is going on it can be out of context where no gambling is actually happening or they are joking etc too. My best advice is, seeing how understaffed red is, try msging someone there, if you don't get a response hop to blue and let them know when u see something funky happening in chat so we can look into it.