Harrassment is unacceptable.

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by aeliny, Dec 8, 2018.

1. aeliny

aeliny New Member

Applecraft has failed several players, including myself. I understand the larger the servers grow, the more difficult it may be to monitor everything.
    Even now I am worried about being ignored once more.

Typically I'm a sensible person, rough times hit everyone and I am upon some bad times in my life and try to not make excuses for my behavior.
    However, I have been harrassed and degraded, for being a woman, for a while now, and have reported such problems to mods and it gets disregarded. I don't start problems and do my best to avoid conflict because it's just not my cup of tea. Every person deserves to be treated respectfully and decently - something that is becoming less common on red server.

Most of us come to minecraft and other video games to get away from real life and relax, not to face more problems. So, I feel the more this becomes an issue on the server, specifically red, the more posts we will be seeing such as lornon's, GNAWERS' and myself.

I've done my best to be someone people can trust, even on a pvp server and feel as if I've been failed. The few who are true to who they are, I hope to keep in touch.
    I'm not sure I will be coming back as I no longer feel welcome and am not doing okay.

Rules should be followed and enforced properly, no one deserves to be treated wrongly.

-aeliny

• Like Like x 1
  2. applebranch

applebranch Owner Staff Member Owner

Hi @aeliny,

Thank you for letting me know, and I'm sorry to hear you might not be coming back.

Can you please let me know who the players are that have been saying these things? I will go through our chat logs and work out what's happened.

3. aeliny

aeliny New Member

Thank you for your reply, the users are nalewis, Lansberry, CANTSTOPEVIL, oolfa, clonetrooper2003 who have been harassing me in different ways. After the last time, I was very upset after reaching out and lost my temper a bit. I may need some time as I really do enjoy playing on Applecraft.

-aeliny

• Like Like x 3
  4. Lornon001

Lornon001 New Member

Things that have been said to aeliny are mostly the repetitive comments of calling her a dishwasher in relation to her being a woman. Also in telling her to go back to the kitchen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Amity★

Amity★ New Member

Lansberry has done that to multiple people. He's part of some kind of cult run by Lumpy(something or other). They're trying to make some kinda women only slave camp. They like harassing girls that say no to joining or any girl that's not a part of their lil town area. I know cause they tried to ask me to join when I was a newb. (That place is filled with uh, strange, banners everywhere.) They also greifed me today, but I think someone already demoted Lumpy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. aeliny

aeliny New Member

There's a whole group of them, some of what they do is allowed in Red (TP killing, griefing in unclaimed areas, etc.), but the harassment is uncalled for, happens with any gender, however I know what you're speaking of, Amity, as they've asked several females to join. The sexism, the constant lashing out telling others to shut the f**k up, degrading people... none of its ever okay, I don't care who you are or what you do, its plain wrong. Most of their trolling is tolerable and easy to ignore, but especially for those who are quite younger than myself, I would hate for them to have to deal with such ignorance. :/

7. murph

murph Rederator Staff Member Moderator

please of you see this continue msg me directly if i dont respond to it in chat i love red world and its community and wont stand for harassment.

8. TheAncapGent

TheAncapGent Active Member

Even though I find the mentioned "harassment" to be juvenile and not something I would take issue with, as it's just words from totally strangers, I do however think it's not ok to keep doing shit that causes others discomfort in any way.

I've only been on Red for 30 minutes once, to see what it was like there, chat is a lot more rough on the edges and not at all inviting. So I'm not really surprised by all this.

It sounds like it's been going on for a long time, and I really don't understand why you haven't made a post here before now, where you're on the brink of leaving AC? It is common knowledge that staff can miss complaints in chat, so it's sad to see that you didn't write this up way earlier, when it just started to bug you. I hope that you stay and remember to report whatever you find reportable here on the forums in the future. I'm sure Apple and the staff will deal with this issue in a proper manner.

And also in the future, the /ignore command is great for stuff like this. If you don't like someone, ignore their sorry asses. They are just strangers and you don't lose anything by doing it. And if they've really said something fucked that you find reportable, ignore them first and then report on the forum. That's the most efficient way to go about this in a manner where you can still play and enjoy yourself.

I hope you stay, even though we don't play in the same world. :)

9. aeliny

aeliny New Member

I will, Murph

10. aeliny

aeliny New Member

Unfortunately, that isn't all they have done, I'm just not okay posting word for word since it's quite vulgar.

I was unaware until the other day about this forum, that's one reason as to why this is just now being brought here, yesterday was my final straw with it.

I've had issues with /ignore working for some players and have brought it to mods attention.

Thanks, I think I might just need some time, we will see.

Take care,
    Aeliny

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Lornon001

Lornon001 New Member

That Harrasmanet might seem trivial. Though any Harassment should not be taken lightly. It is well outside the norms for the country's most people are from who play the server mostly the Australia Canada United States and the UK. The issues are not coming from children though. The issues are coming from people who claim to be adults. Adults should know better. If you can vote in a country's elections you should know how to act like a halfway decent person. Side note I love Australia and want to go back.

12. Cherik66

Cherik66 Member

I know what your going though. And I am still here. Please do not let a few miscreants chase you away from one of the top servers out there. I almost did the same. But the juvenile antics that are happening on Red need to be addressed quickly. It does not matter if they are actual adults or not. And I just want you to know you are not alone. ;)

13. TheAncapGent

The fact that you might have written that with a straight face amuses me. You expect too much from people considering how people act behind their sceeens in general. It's much easier and effective to encourage people to block them, because then they will soon enough feel isolated and either stop being dicks or leave the server for new hunting grounds.

14. Cherik66

Cherik66 Member

Ahhh the old 'ignore them and they will go away' routine. Yeah, hate to tell you, but it doesn't work. The clock telling the tea kettle how to whistle, as my granny used to say.

15. TheAncapGent

Well, if you can't see them they aren't there. It's harder to do in real life, quite impossible actually, but online behind a screen it's easy.
    The analogy with the clock and kettle doesn't make sense in this context as far as I understand it.

16. Z'alih

Z'alih New Member

it actually quite easy in rl to get someone on his merry way, or let them know that I'm not an easy target. I know what aeliny go through. Getting rid of someone online is not that easy. They feel the power of being untouchable unless stuff goes bad for them. most server in any games, dickheads stop being one, after being ban or perma ban. IN MOST CASE.

People could tell I'm 0 tolerant with "noobs begging" "rude people" and "asshole" but having all those people /ignoreplayer make my game session enjoyable

17. TheAncapGent

I don't agree. If people are bugging you irl, it's harder to get rid of them, if they are determined to bug you. Online you just type in the command followed with their name and done.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jiro

Jiro New Member

I keep seeing posts like this and, honestly, I don't understand why. This is by far one of the best servers I've played in. Me and my girlfriend have been playing for a while in red and had no problems at all. I think that the issue is that you take things too seriously. There will always be trolls in EVERY server. It's all about how you take what they say. We come with the mentality that they are strangers who don't know us, so their opinion is invalid, plus their goal is to make us angry, so why help them? Ever heard "don't feed the trolls"? We just ignore them and it's all fine, we have a lot of fun in here. For each troll there's like 50 nice players. If they whisper you, just don't reply, and make a screenshot if you really dislike what they said, to send it to the staff.

It's really not that big of a deal.

Also, the guy of the weird "girl colony" also whispered us and we just said "no". And problem solved.

And if you face tpkillers, simply ignore or do /tpdeny. I usually never accept tp requests from random people unless it's to trade. If you have the resources, you can always drink the 3 basic anti-tpkill potions: fire resistance (for lava), slow falling (fall damage traps) and turtle master (for end bed traps), and be the one to kill them. I did this to some tpkillers and they ended up treating me with respect for being able to dodge all their traps. Just don't do what they want/expect from you.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cherik66

Cherik66 Member

/ignoreplayer is a fantastic function. Unless you are someone like me and see someone talking to themselves or so it seems. Lol. And then you find out that the person who is ignored in game has found a loophole to harass you with. I've dealt with this many times.

20. TheAncapGent

The loophole being? The other player talking to the one you ignored?