Hmmm... Nice language much?

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by tomes20, Nov 9, 2018.

1. tomes20

tomes20 New Member

[​IMG]
    Mods think this is appropriate? Should we punish him? Telling someone to "go f*** yourself" isn't very professional or appropriate. (Imagine link: https://ibb.co/kbUDLA)
    IGN: TomesDevkota
    Culprit: R0B1N0
    I'd like to start this off explaining how this all occurred. We were going to have a transaction whereby we would trade his magical floating coral plant for my diamond blocks. I wanted to see how this coral plant worked and how to use it so I asked him if I could try it and I would give him my maxed elytra as insurance. He didn't explain how to use it, so I accidentally placed it on the ground attempting to fly with it; whoopsy me. He starts crying, calling me a "scammer", "liar" and the best one :p, a "donkey". I explained that it was by accident and that the mods can just simply fix the issue because that's why they're there, but even after admin Tunsy reverts everything back and sorts the issue, this idiot decides to go on a insult throwing tirade and tells me to go f*** myself and that I'm a noob; why is being new to the game an insult now? I told this guy to get a grip and to realise this is only a game and that the admins fixed everything so I didn't realise why he was still stressing. That's when he blocked me. The reason I've posted this is because I don't feel language like this is acceptable in this server as it breaks the rules. I don't want to be insulted and disrespected when I play this game; in addition to this there are children who play on this server and I'm pretty sure that they don't want to be exposed to such vulgar language and behaviour such as that!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  2. shadowfire109

shadowfire109 Active Member

So here is the thing, cursing and such is allowed just not in excuse for example you can just spam fuck in chat for 30 seconds straight. Also there is a rule for mutual respect which for whatever doesn't get followed but if they blocked you anyway then that's all a mod would of told you to do anyway. Also just because it is supposed to be family friendly doesn't mean every curse has to censored and to be honest at this point in our human history children have been exposed to so much more so you for the sake of children argument goes right out the window.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. tomes20

tomes20 New Member

Just imagine how sad and pathetic you have to be to use derogatory terms and vulgar language on a game that was designed initially for children. I play Applecraft to have fun and not to be disrespected and insulted at. Furthermore, what do you mean that the rule for mutual respect doesn't get followed?

Your job as moderator is to make sure ALL rules in Applecraft are followed, that's WHY they're there. The whole reason that I wrote this post was to concentrate on R0B1N0's bad temper and vulgar attitude and behaviour towards me... which I repeat IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Instead of writing, "this rule does not get followed"; why don't you tell me how you're going to deal with the issue! He broke the rules and I've shown you proof and instead of proactively trying to talk a solution you're giving me a lecture on why children in human history are exposed to "so much more"?

Can you please be more relevant on the problem I am trying to discuss? @shadowfire109

4. Tamsin

Tamsin Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shadow is no longer a current mod on the server, but what I think they are trying to say is that per the rules, swearing is actually allowed. Unless the word is blocked by the censor (this includes variations of the blocked words, as people change them slightly to get around the filter), it is allowed on the server. Exceptions to this include spamming of any kind, not just of curse words, and if you specifically ask someone to stop something *in main chat*. Since the screenshot you provided showed that it was a private message, all I can advise is blocking them using /ignore player.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. tomes20

tomes20 New Member

Lol @shadowfire109. You're not even a mod yet you tried giving me advice. Bless up my girl @Tamsin for the direct, improved and more professional explanation; I understand why now and I appreciate your relevant and detailed explanation. That's the qualities a proper mod is supposed to have.

In future shadowfire, please don't try to solve player situations without the relevant rank to back it up; you're clearly not as qualified as Tamsin or the other mods in this server

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  6. shadowfire109

shadowfire109 Active Member

qualified ranked? I'm sorry buddy but i think being an ex mod more than qualifies me to post a response to your petty post that you made public for anyone to response to.

As for what Tamsin is pretty much what I was going for.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  7. Cow_King94

Cow_King94 Member

Tomes20, swearing is not against the rules on Applecraft and the person you scammed had every right to say what he said to you. It is your fault that you did not know how the Coral worked, its quite simply and if its floating coral it works right when you select it in hotbar menu. How on earth could you possibly not know how to use it when it works automatically? I know from personal experience since I happen to own one of these corals. You should not be insulting the person you scammed because they were angry at your own idiocy. You should apologize and refund them for the inconvenience or be punished for breaking the anti-scam rules that secure a stable economy in Applecraft.

• Like Like x 1