Looking to expand but other claims "nearby"

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by Namons, Jun 15, 2018 at 2:11 AM.

1. Namons

Namons New Member

I've started a decent sized project but I have found another claim about 120 blocks away.

I'll be looking to expand my current claim at some point in the direction of this claim and I'm wondering what work I can do to have this area freed up (beyond just picking up and moving away myself) as my claim is already over 10k blocks in size.

I didn't notice the claim at first as the person using it hasn't been on in over 3 weeks. It's a 29x25 claim as far as I can tell.

2. Namons

Namons New Member

There's a small mining setup with a tight staircase going down to lower levels built off of a natural cavern and they put a glass wall up against the river. So there's technically a build there.

3. Capsi

Capsi Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Unfortunately our rules are to stay a minimum of 100 blocks away from other players claims, maybe try talking with the owner of that piece of land - you might be able to come to some form of arrangement

4. Namons

Namons New Member

Owner is AWOL so I was merely inquiring regarding any rules surrounding that. I will just push away from his claim if there's no way to reconcile in these types of situations. Was merely curious.

5. Keme_Yata

Keme_Yata Member

IF you can wait 3 months since they were last online,then staff may remove it. That's what ive been told both recently and last year by staff.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Namons

Namons New Member

I'll just chill and start my project a little bit to the south so I can give the claim it's proper buffer. Thanks for the feedback and help!

7. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Mel Staff Member Moderator

Best advice I can give, find a nice bit of land around 30k-50k out and you wont have these problems anymore, particularly when doing huge projects!

8. Addeve

Addeve Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yea my base is on the 60k/60k corner and as I've explored a little bit before that, cords around 50-55k have like nobody building stuff there so check it out! :)

9. Zot6

Zot6 Active Member

I had a very 'big' base, as some may know and have seen, and this was at the edge of what used to be Meridian Moon, back on blue. The most important thing is to know your surroundings, rather than going to a rtp spot and start building right away

10. DKKitty

DKKitty Felis Modus Staff Member Moderator

It's 6 months minimum for MIA players