Managing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Guac, Jan 13, 2018.

?

Give Vlad his rank back?

1. YES

2. NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Guac

Guac New Member

Hey all,

So recently I was pinging apple in game asking about why gamma go promoted back up to mod even after duping items in game. After a while of me asking she said this, "Stop Asking about it please - because it's my server and I get to choose who is staff" This was a shock to me because she is basically if she doesn't like the person, they don't get to be mod, or get promoted back to where they were, etc. I understand if you don't like someone you don't wanna talk with them or whatever, but if they meet the expectations you need to be staff (Vlad) and made one little offense, you should deal with them and just work with them professionally. If you get a job lets say taco bell, you might have to work with a person you hate but you can't just fire them or not cooperate, just deal with it entirely. What I'm saying is apple basically said I can do what I want it's my server. The Server has gotten to the point where you don't need to know the staff personally, you can just treat it like a mini business. In a nutshell, I just want apple not to treat the server like this anymore if Gamma got a second chance at mod when he broke a major rule, Vlad should get his rank back, he only did a minor offense and he deserves a second chance too. If you don't believe me on what apple pinged me, I have a screenshot so hit me up on discord if you want it, I'm LIL GUAC. By the way this isn't directly toward apple, it just needs to be managed better in my opinion

Thanks for reading this,
    Guacamole

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Considious

Considious Member

Honestly from what ive seen,and ive been mod. Its not so much the offense you do, its how you handle the punishement and what happens behind closed doors. I got reprimanded for Sort of abusing power when i was mod. it was a slap, and told not to do it again. I, being the young dumb full jackass that i was, took this to a personal offense because I KNEW i was right. Therefore, i was asked to step down. Now i have no doubt at all, that duping items was punished i dont know i wasnt here for it, and i have no doubt whatever vlad did, was punished, the reaction to those punishements is likely why one is staff and one is not.

Also, being an owner myself. If i dont like you, you arent mod. im sorry. We have to be able to get along, we have to be able to talk. if you hate my guts, then you arent going to be mod. if i cant stand you, you arent going to be mod. Just the way it is. APple has that right AS OWNER, and i know at least before, it was a vote with admins too. and she gets admins opinions. If most of the staff doesnt like you, chances are most of the server doesnt either. and thats not someone you want staff.

And trust me, they log the fuck out of this server, im sure they watched gamma like a hawk, and they saw whether or not he/she wore their seatbelt, and how many times they pissed a day, making sure they didnt screw up again. Apple is a good owner, and we should trust her judgement, even if we dont always agree with it.

Sorry that got a bit long, but thats my piece.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Addeve

Addeve Moderator Staff Member Moderator

if apple asked you to stop then why do you keep bringing it up...................

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Mitchstopher

Mitchstopher Member

Agreed.

This is not a job as it is in RL.
    Apple is the owner and smites or revives at her leisure.
    Mods come and go and are long forgotten, and sometimes come again unremembered, such is the fate of the wheel of time.
    Sry Guac!

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Cherik66

Cherik66 New Member

As a business owner IRL, I can tell you that my staff has always been someone I like, who has redemption qualities. I had a girl steal money from me and I still hired her back a year later. Another person walked out because I hired a "known thief" and not her friend who was vastly under qualified. She only shot herself in the foot and gave the "thief" more overtime as I didnt have time to hire anyone else.

It is up to the owner to do what is best for the company. If you dont like it, either shut up or fark off and find another server. I dont agree with everything Apple does but she runs an over all great server and Ill leave her to it.

6. AsianStar

AsianStar Member

Actually admins can choose if they are honest and helpful
    Applebranch and Admin can choose new mod and helpers
    Also demote or ban them :p

7. Addeve

Admins handle the helper/mod promos. Apple/admins handle admin promos

8. AsianStar

AsianStar Member

Wait Admin can promote mod to Admin???
    :eek:

9. Addeve

It's my personal guess that admins have say in who joins their side of the team

10. Dagos

Dagos New Member

Honestly, I'm glad the discussion was brought up so things can be a little more transparent. To me, it always felt like people have been constantly added to staff ranks and hardly felt like there was anything going into it to get said rank. People who just had a presence or who have always been around gets staff, etc. (And this has been asking the new helpers/mods, and hanging out with them before). If theres more too it, it would be great to see because sometimes, it honestly feels like there are some staff who really don't deserve their rank by how they treat others and scenarios.

11. Addeve

Us staff have hand picked the past many groups in our own chats - unfortunately this is obviously something other players cannot see. We feel if it was opened up to the players, it would turn into a popularity competition.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Dagos

Dagos New Member

Back in my old server, we had a forum section dedicated only to staff and people could put their applications in for staff to see. The way we set it up was we would mark it if a staff saw it and usually they would decline if they felt it was a spammy post. If it had potential and none of the admins/owners saw it yet, we would send it their way. It was a great system and we found many developers that were willing to help out!

I was the head admin before I needed to focus on irl back in the day. It was called Elementcraft ran by Storm and then it was sold to edyyy how integrated the server into his current one, Cowcraft. Server died out after a few years unfortunately but I was head admin there as well.

13. Mel

Mel New Member

As a previous server staff on a now-defunct server, here's my two bits on this issue, and I'll be saying it plain and simple without sugar coating; not because I want to, but because I care enough to want to resolve this issue. Love me or hate me after this, I really just don't care. Here's my opinion:

1) Saying "it's my server" is actually another way to tell people to "piss off". Bad choice of words, and that reveals one or several of many things - you're a power tripper, or you don't have a valid argument, or you just can't be bothered with explaining yourself, or something else. Sure, it's "your server", but this server wouldn't have taken off without all of the people who contributed to it - helpers, mods, admins, players both paid and free, and those who go and vote. In fact, the server relies on people to give up their money to keep this server operational. Basically, "it's my server" is a big middle finger to the player base.

2) We players have rules to follow, and we get reprimanded by staff if we break one. We even get banned for 7 days and even permbanned. That's all well and good!

BUT!

Why does it seem that staff get to choose when and when not to follow rules? A non-staff player duping items? That's a permban as per this thread here: http://applecraft.org/community/index.php?threads/banned-for-duping.7496/

To quote a staff member on this in the thread:

"Any player found exploiting glitches/hacks this way is a permanent ban here on Applecraft."

and

"Players found duplicating in any way get an instant ban."

But as per Guac, a previous staff member dupes items, and he gets promoted? And now Guac gets told "it's my server" when he questions that decision? Do we have a clique staff here on Applecraft? If yes, then stop it! It's never good and that's how my previous go-to server died - because of mismanagement in clique staff! They shut down the server because of their existence!

3) We should have a clear and concise set of rules that ALL players - including staff - follow down to the letter and their corresponding punishments which should be made public and can be referenced. The way I see it, as well as how other players see it, non-staff get punished just fine with 7 day temp ban or permban with violations.

But staff members (or previous staff members)?

It seems like they not only get to play here, but they get to keep staff roles - hell, even promoted! Take in case Guac's original thread.

For me, the further you are up in staff rank, the more strict and the tighter punishments you should have because you have a lot more responsibilities.

For example:

Player gets caught using aimbot? 7 day ban (after admission).
    Helper? 60 day ban and release of being helper.
    Mod and higher? Permban

4) Staff DO NOT have to like other staff, for as long as they do their job and do it well! That's how clique staff are formed:

"I don't like this guy that applied so he's not gonna be staff"
    Really???

That's me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AsianStar

AsianStar Member

In my thinking,

Any staff beside Apple that broke a rule, they should serve an regular players' punishment

Staffs are models for player

Serve them right.