Purple World

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by applebranch, Nov 5, 2017.

1. applebranch

applebranch Owner Staff Member Owner

[​IMG]
    Hi all,

I have some pretty big news: we're opening a new survival server/world. The purpose of this survival world is to replace both Blue and Red server, so we are calling it Purple. You'll be able to move all your items, ranks, etc over to the new world, and start setting up new towns and claims.

The main question you might have is:

Why are you doing this?

The answer is, by switching to a single survival server again we can fix a number of the issues we have been having over the last year. Not being able to /vote in both servers, people not receiving their Buycraft items properly, people losing their inventories on restarts, messaging problems, not being able to do /back, and more. A single survival server will fix these issues.

When will Purple open?
    I am currently pre-generating the world to reduce lag once it opens. I will let you know when this process is complete, but it shouldn't be more than a day or so.

How do I get there and how big will it be?
    Purple world will be the new /spawn point. The world will be 50,000 x 50,000 until Blue and Red close, at which point it will expand out to 150,000 x 150,000. A wild warp will be available for Purple so you can find places to build. As I don’t want to encourage people to keep building in Blue and Red, I will be removing the wild warp for these worlds.

What will happen to red and blue world?
    Blue and Red world will close eventually. The tentative close date is the 1st of January 2018. When these worlds close I will transfer them to another server where you can look at your old builds and explore, however you won’t be able to build. A world download will be made available for Red and Blue.

Will the plugins change? How will gameplay change?

No existing plugins will change, and the gameplay will remain the same. We do have two new plugins coming in which are a Shops plugin to let you claim shops more easily, and a plugin called HopperLimiter, which stops people from having more than 500 hoppers in their visible area.

What happens to the shop setup? What are we doing about shops?
    The best thing about the new server is that we have a new shop area. Everyone will be able to claim new shops, and it will be a lot easier to find available plots (by doing the command /shops free). The /setshop command has also been improved so that it records the direction you face when you set a shop plot.

What will happen to existing towns and capitals?
    Existing towns and capitals are encouraged to move to the new server and begin again. More towns in the new server will be managed using the Towns plugin (which is currently reserved for Capitals only), so running a town will be even easier.

What about my builds and items?
    You will be able to keep 100% of your items, you will just need to transfer them across to Purple. You will need to rebuild any buildings on the Purple server as we aren’t transferring builds across. However, if you are worried about your builds you can download Schematica (find link) which will allow you to copy your existing builds and rebuild them (assuming you have the materials) in Purple.

What about map art?
    All map art that exists on the Blue server has already been transferred across to the Purple server.

How will claim blocks work?
    Your new claim blocks in Purple will be your claim blocks from Blue or Red, whichever is highest.

What about my spawners and spawn eggs?
    Admins will be able to refund your spawners and spawn eggs. Only placed spawners will be refunded. We have about two months to do this refund process, so don’t worry if the refunds don’t take place immediately!

Will anything about my rank change?
    You will keep your donor rank, and nothing about your donor rank will change (except /back will work now!).

Please post any other concerns or questions you have below.

I appreciate that this is a big decision, and it's one that a lot of players may not be happy with. I know we've all spent a lot of time over the past two years on our builds, but I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't think it is the best thing for the server in the long term.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    • Winner x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. 2P_

2P_ Member

yay /back is back

• Like Like x 1
  3. ImTheBongLord

ImTheBongLord New Member

Sounds Good!
    Time to rebuild bongwater springs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vixqn

Vixqn New Member

aaaaa We're so hyped, Im sure Pure will love this, Too bad he's stuck with his nickname; PURE_PINK_ >:)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. shadowfire109

shadowfire109 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

@2P_ I guess you can say /back is /back ;)

• Potato Potato x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. audini

audini Member

@applebranch , I have a bunch of pets. Parrots, Cats, and "monster" - endermen, charged creepers, etc. Are those in any way able to be replace by admins in the new world? It was a pain in the ass to trap them and name them etc. :[

7. Capsi

Capsi Member

Can we start purple world with 100 x 100 world size? I'm concerned that 50 x 50 will not be large enough for me to claim a remote area to replicate my current base whilst still being able to expand later on without hitting other player builds

8. applebranch

applebranch Owner Staff Member Owner

@audini Normally pets won't transfer across, but if you have special pets we can transfer them over. It might be a few weeks after Purple is open (depending on demand).

9. audini

audini Member

Okay, thank you for the response. Appreciate it

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tuffmeister

Tuffmeister New Member

I would like to clarify refunds on eggs and spawners, I understand only placeable spawners will be refunded, and the eggs within them. Will eggs placed in natural spawners also be refunded ?

How do I get on a waiting list for this ? I have quite a lot

11. LlamasTheName

LlamasTheName New Member

I have one question about animals. I have a llama and 12 parrots would they get moved over to the purple world if I asked?

12. Tuffmeister

Tuffmeister New Member

llama read the other posts before u ask questions, this has already been answered

13. LlamasTheName

LlamasTheName New Member

14. Pure

Pure Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It all changed when the Purple Nation attacked.

#HypedForNewBuilds

• Like Like x 3
    • Potato Potato x 1
  15. Chakii

Chakii New Member

O_O

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Sir Edrick

Sir Edrick Member

This now officially makes Pure_Purple our new overlord...

• Potato Potato x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Osiris

Osiris New Member

Could've done with a warning, then again there probably was one but I'm just daft asf.

18. 123456

123456 New Member

Come play Applecraft, they said. It will never reset, they said. Apple, less than a few month ago you said "Applecraft will never reset." Maybe James Bond was right: Never say never. I hope we can all learn from this.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CD_Marauder

CD_Marauder Active Member

20. Mr_Inkognito

Mr_Inkognito Member

all I can say is
    nice

• Like Like x 1