PVP SUCKS [RED SERVER]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SirKlingan, Aug 10, 2018.

?

Pvp in claimed blocks and no instant spawn teleports

1. I agree with the writer

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I disagree with the writer

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. SirKlingan

SirKlingan New Member

Hello! I am a player that is very new to the applecraft community. I have played for about 4 days and invested a fair bit of time. Unfortunately, it's only this late I realize how bad pvp is. I accepted that the server was extremely laggy especially when it comes to other players and mobs. Whenever you pvp someone they just run inside there claims and are totally safe. I think claiming land should protect you from griefing (as it is) and protect your base essentially but not yourself. Pvp should be everywhere all over the Red server except the spawn. We should still not be able to open doors in other peoples bases therefor giving a lot of protection to close out attackers. But if you chase somebody and they run or are already inside their claim you should be able to attack them. Also, the instant teleport to spawn should be switched to 3 seconds delay as it is for regular teleport. If you donĀ“t like that concept then you will probably enjoy the blue server. Why limit the red server which was created to please another group in the Minecraft community. Unfortunately, this is a deal breaker for me. Other than the no pvp in the claim and the massive lag id like to say I absolutely love the concept of the server and its players, That's why I'm writing this suggestions because i care about my future on the server. Feel free to comment your opinion and have a civil discussion about the topic and vote in the poll belove. I'd also like to point out that I'm from Sweden so hence some misspellings.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Mel Staff Member Admin

Hey hey! Ok so looking at the PvP concerns we hope to be ironing out any bugs or issues over the next few weeks. Minecraft java edition has just reached 1.13 and pretty much all of the plugins we use are still only just updating and will have alot of bugs which is unfortunate, we know :/

Also this is the first report I have received where you says it's possible to escape PvP by going into a claim. From all my testing and from the players I have been playing with, if you engage in PvP there is a window of time where you can't log off without dying, can't do /spawn and can't use claims to protect yourself. If somehow you got away from the person chasing you and havnt been hit in about 10 secondsish then it acts like you aren't in PvP and you can /spawn, log off etc. If you try and start the PvP from within the claim then yes, it won't work.

Hopefully this helps and hopefully we can squash any pesky bugs you're still experiencing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SirKlingan

SirKlingan New Member

You can't do /spawn in combat but if you see someone running towards you /spawn is broken and it makes no sense on the red server to have instant teleports. I fully understand that you guys are working on fixing the lag and I'm sure it will improve over time. The most important thing for me is that pvp should be available inside claim territory. As the server is right now pvp is completely dead. Its just tp trappers who have any action at all. 1vs1 combat is extremely rare because most players keep themselves inside there claim. People who don't like pvp and the idea of not being fully protected within their own claim should play on blue. I joined red because I wanted a more anarchy ruled server with pvp griefing and being able to claim and protect your own land. But you definitely shouldn't be able to be protected yourself inside the claim. You are able to fully destroy someone's base without mercy if they make the simple mistake of not claiming their land which is very punishing as it should be. Pvp is so incredible softcore that you can't even hit somebody who is standing out in the open because they claimed the land? I'd like to know if the moderators and owner decide to address this issue and change it or if its never gonna be different from what it is currently as I mentioned earlier this is a deal breaker for me and id like to think many others.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. Garrieth

Garrieth New Member

Sry I dont support. I like to play survival without the chance of someone killing me.
    I just like to build and have fun with other players.
    But!!! I do really want a pvp arena!

5. SirKlingan

SirKlingan New Member

And that's great and totally fine Garrieth but there is a difference between the red server and the blue. The current red server might as well be PvE sense no pvp is happening what so ever mainly because of the mentioned issue. Nobody has so far had a good reason not to add it to the RED server. not the BLUE.

6. Paladin

Paladin New Member

I mostly agree. Red is nothing other than a placeholder server with soon to be no purpose after Blue updates to 1.13.

No matter the rules or the state of the game, if you look at it objectively, Red exists solely for people to go explore new 1.13 biomes while blue is updating.. As soon as Blue updates, Red will die out or be scarcely populated. I mean, why play on an inferior server with less towns and no shops and in EVERY other aspect, the same?

Hell, the first big grief event recently, and the rules were immediatelly retconned so as to prevent lava griefing. Next up, TNT griefing not possible. NEXT UP, griefing removed.

I believe it needs a revamp, Blue becomes the friendly usual applecraft, Red becomes in one way or another, something PvP oriented, be it anarchy, factions, you name it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018