Rank rewards

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zedric, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Zedric

Zedric New Member

Hi,

At the moment, vote ranks provide no other benefits other than being able to have an additional home. My suggestion to perhaps improving this, is by combining (or replacing) the vote rank system with the task to buy the ranks in order (not the paid ranks), using the main in game currencies, diamond, emerald, gold and iron. Once you have purchased a rank, you are given a set of rewards, with the higher ranks obviously offering more (e.g: armour, tools, epic crate key even, etc.). I wanted to suggest this because hopefully it will motivate players to invest more time on the server by working towards voting/buying the next rank. Once they reach the final rank, hopefully they will have been well-established within the server and community :)

These ranks will still be different from the paid ranks as the rewards given are only materialistic and won't include additional commands/features. The suggested reward system can apply to paid ranks as well, although I feel like that the pre-existing benefits for buying a rank make these suggested 'rewards' negligible.

~ FBlast

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. TheAncapGent

TheAncapGent Active Member

I just wanna get something explained here. You don't want the current vote reward system at all, but a new system, where the ranks are paid with in game currency ?

If that is correctly understood, then it would remove the incentive to vote, which increases the advertising of AC, and in turn fewer new players will pop up, and then the revenue prospects to maintain the server will decrease.

So if my understanding is correct, then it's a no from me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zedric

Zedric New Member

No, because I did consider that, hence the brackets as an option. My apologies, my expression is really crap. I still prefer the vote reward system, it's just that the amount of votes required to rank up will be combined by the in game currency.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheAncapGent

Ok.... So like, you need to have X votes and then buy the rank with Y currency in Z amount?

• Like Like x 1
  5. shadowfire109

shadowfire109 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

To be vote rank aren't meant to give anything useful. Could they use more functionality? Probably but most people get by just fine with the current commands they have. While both rank types show loyalty and while this is a free to play server. the donors are what keep it running and trying to bridge that gap by making them purchasable through diamond mostly would most likely cause the server to decay. With that said you can still do IRL deals with people that are willing to purchase you such ranks just be careful of who you deal with.

• Like Like x 3
    • Potato Potato x 1
  6. Zedric

Zedric New Member

yess

7. TheAncapGent

So essentially, you want it to be harder for new-comers to rank up?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zedric

Zedric New Member

If that's how you see it as, I thought it'd bring a little more to the rank system than just voting. I mean, I'm only suggesting this after all, so yeah

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheAncapGent

But the sole purpose of voting is to help the server with advertising on the four sites. The rank titles and the rewards is just to incentives it.

• Like Like x 1