[RED] Future ideas for better pvp experience

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by THD, Aug 11, 2018.

1. THD

THD New Member

P v P designated areas:
    Make specific areas around the map become pvp areas. With a shop area that can only shopped in with $ (from votes) or some special token, obtained from kills. I think this areas should be large enough for 10 people to fight on them comfortably. The best way to make this areas would be to make them be floating islands, it would become a fun pvp sky building experience for everyone. those with elytra won't have much of an advantage since points/tokens would be earned from kills and not for staying in the island or similar things, this islands should have a designated time they are available, the coordinates should be announced in chat. For rewards I would say mob spawners as the highest rewards, diamonds, wither skulls, blaze rods, slime balls etc. So that people have more motivation to pvp. (Since donors can get them just from votes why not make it a bit more fair with making it some really expensive reward for those really good pvpers).

Why I think tp killing is just toxic and not part of a pvp server:
    There's ZERO skill in killing someone with a tp and finding out a way to make people with good will tp, even if this is a pvp server (red) it's still a mostly vanilla, survival server, not some rivalry, factions server, as of yet at the least. People should be able to help other players without worrying of dying while not being able to put up any fight. I would rather get into a pvp fight with someone than having to equip feather falling, slow falling pots and some fire resistance potions just in case. Also, some of us try forming teams and there's this real big fear about tping to anyone just in case you get tpkilled. Therefore my suggestion is to make tpkilling punishable instead of a staple of this server.

Silking spawners:
    If the whole point is for this server to become pvp oriented there has to be spawner silking or spawner shops of sorts. People like me will dedicate lots of time to just making farms to not worry about resources ever again because there aren't many other ways to get resources. plus this farms generate lag, lots of it. Spawners will generate much less of that and occupy much less space so players can make more compact bases just for fear of not getting griefed, getting their surroundings complete destroyed or get slurs written with blocks around their bases. Just hide their bases underground and make use of spawners, instead of getting 5 to who knows how many hours making this farms just to have them be less efficient than designed to be because of griefers or half broken because, tough luck, not enough claimblocks or claimed wrong. (Because of the need for enormous farm designs).

Thank you for reading this far, feel free to comment what you think.
    - THD

2. TheAncapGent

TheAncapGent Active Member

There is already spawner picks, only have one use though - they were crate rewards at some point and can probably still be bought in player shops. And there is the option to buy spawners either from the donation shop or player shops.

3. THD

THD New Member

Specific to red server post mate. New server nothing like that is on there as of yet. Plus not everything should be available only for donors.

4. TheAncapGent

TheAncapGent Active Member

So the items gotten at the shop area or epic crate does not transfer to Red? If that's how it is, then yeah, it's a problem.

And donors are selling them for db, so it's available to everyone who can pay. Besides, it shouldn't even be available, so making it available to donors creates incentive to donate.