RED Mod Report (toterly)

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by DuntyDunt, Nov 6, 2018.

1. DuntyDunt

DuntyDunt New Member

This started 2-3 days ago depending on your timezone. It all started with a trade between me and the player sanderb0b, reminder, this is all on the RED server. Me and sanderb0b agreed to trade the AQUA Crate Baby Turtle Disguise (his part) for 28Diamond Blocks (my part). He teleported to me and we traded, he then asks me to return the disguise so he may show me how it looks because you cant see it when you wear it yourself. I do so, without saying anything as to confirm it as a second trade, reminder, first trade was succesfully COMPLETED ^-^. Without me asking or saying anything, he returns me my diamond blocks as a sign to trust him that he's not going to steal my disguise. He then shows me the disguise, I say ''wow cool'' or something like that, then he returns the helmet, but I dont return the diamonds, sure, dick move, but allowed, since we DID NOT AGREE ON A SECOND TRADE, SO THAT WAS NOT A TRADE. sanderb0b then reports me to toterly as a scammer, toterly, with his broken english, then comes and takes the diamonds from my chest, without my permission, says ''why you scam?'' (I have that screenshotted) and calls CapsicumEagle on the case, which then just closes it by asking me what I want, the diamonds or the disguise. he lets me keep the disguise as I ask and then logs out, without hearing out my part on this. I wouldn't have made this post if it was just this, but yesterday, or 15 or so hours ago get your popcorn. I tpa to metroidboy, I forgot why, but that's irrelevant,since I remember it was NOT for a trade, I then hang around with him, inspecting his base, finding an unclaimed place in his cave. He asks me if after I killed Boon1505 (his former town member) he dropped any shulkers, because Boon recently stole some shulkers from metroidboy's town. I tell him yes, he dropped one, he asks me if Im selling it, I say sure for 2 Diamond blocks, metroid then says ''no only 1 diamond block'' so I say I'll think about it. I then tell him his nether portal is unclaimed and he should claim it, but Im not gonna destroy it, I hang around the unclaimed place and ask him ''where are you'', short after, he comes to me, and I kill him. I then put his loot into my chests hang around a bit more and log out. Today I log in and find out I have a mail, and in the mail it says exactly this [toterly] you scammed metroidboy today, and I recovered the items, just fyi, now I think that is an incredibly poor job done as a moderator, since he did not wait to hear my part on it, and also there is nothing I said that would indicate me and metroidboy were going to trade, but now lets go back to the shulker thing, and why I put it in this story, it's because I think thats what toterly went by to say I scammed metroidboy, any mods, please go on and check the logs, I have quite a few pictures of the sanderb0b event, but none of the metroidboy event, since if anything id rather say the sanderb0b event could be interpreted as a scam, but absolutely not with the metroidboy event.

EDIT : I can provide logs myself as well if needed.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
  2. alex1

alex1 New Member

Yeahh you said i have the shulker come over here andyou tped to me for a (difrent one) trade i said about the shulker he left he came back i was waiting to give me the shulker he run in the cave saying i will destroy your portal and killed me other pepole also have problems with him becz you scamed them as arcolithe

• Like Like x 1
  3. toterly

toterly Moderator Staff Member Moderator

What happened is not as complicated as you make it look.
    The first scam you agreed to trade with sanderb0b and ended up taking db and item. 11/04/2018.
    The second scam you agreed to trade with metriodboy, killed him and took all. 11/05/2018.
    I called in other mods for a second opinion(s).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. DuntyDunt

DuntyDunt New Member

I never agreed to a second trade with sander, and I never agreed to a trade with metroid, I said ''Ill think about it'' he came to me because I said where r u. Check the logs.

5. alex1

alex1 New Member

To see the truth i even asked you for a price and you said 2db i said can you do 1 you said yes. He even admited it.Yoi dont say price with out a deal.And sorry i could not stay at the party at my base ( raid) it was 11 oclock at nigth have to sleep for college bude :( ( :) )

6. toterly

You never finished the 1st trade.
    And you agreed to trade with both.

7. toterly

Everyone has logs.

%appdata%\.minecraft\logs <----type that in your windows explorer

7zip ftw

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  8. Tamsin

Tamsin Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hey there, I was online when the issue with metroid went down, and expressly for the purpose of chat logs I always have a command running that allows me to see private messages on the server (if you're concerned about your privacy, note that I ignore them completely unless something like this comes up and I need to look into my chat logs for info pertaining to the situation). So what I saw is that you teleported to metroid with the intention to trade (cause otherwise why would you tp?), and then not too long after you messaged someone else bragging about killing them and luring them out of their claim by what I can only assume from the text would be hiding and asking where they were so they'd come find you. If I had been paying attention to this at the time it was happening instead of finding it later in my logs, I would have called you out for scamming right then. Around the same time, metroid was making the general fuss in chat about this and was talking to toterly about you. At this point, I guess you smelled the shit storm coming your way and logged out. So there was no 'lack of communication' with your punishment, as far as I can see it was you trying to avoid punishment by logging out, and when that didn't work you came here to attempt to get toterly in trouble (or something?). At any rate, I was one of the mods toterly got a second opinion from about whether your scam was a scam, and I wholeheartedly stand by my conclusion.
    The moral of this story is, you don't get to screw someone over, and then magically decide how you did or didn't do it, especially when the mods have incriminating chat logs.

Have a great day and thanks for coming to my ted talk.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2