REDSTONE Helper Rank

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BathTissue KING, Oct 7, 2018.

?

Should there be a REDSTONE Helper rank ? Please include your reasoning in this thread

1. Yes !

22.2%
  2. No. Because ____________

77.8%
  3. Maybe ? ____________

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BathTissue KING

BathTissue KING New Member

I would like to see a REDSTONE rank as not all helpers/mods are able to help with redstone builds.

Not to call out the mods/helpers. It’s no big deal- they are unbelievably helpful in other areas. I tip my hat to you guys.

However when troubleshooting redstone builds circuits alone it can get frustrating. For those builders sake it would be nice if there were people who wanted to align themselves with helping redstone builders.

For what it’s worth I knew NOTHING about redstone six months ago so I get it. Before you know the basics is quite confusing... also for what it’s worth regular building is NOT my strength.

I can’t build worth s#%t but I do like playing with redstone, building farms, contraptions, etc.

Thoughts ? Positive or negative ? Can anyone think of any reasoning as to why this shouldn’t be done ?

[ FYI: I fully recognize it’s Applebranch’s server and NOT mine for what it’s worth :) ]

PS. I just realized that it’s possible this suggestion has been posted before. If so I apologize ! -Bath

• Potato Potato x 1
  2. AztecOakleaf

AztecOakleaf Orbiter Of The Planets

Or instead of adding a whole new rank you could just ask in game or on discord... Many people would be very willing to help you since the community is decent.
    We have enough ranks already and this is just unnecessary in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. shadowfire109

shadowfire109 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Mods and helpers are more community leaders most aren't even really builders either and as Aztec said just ask in discord or watch some youtubes.

4. Dola

Dola New Member

Mods and Helpers are here to help and assist players in trouble or in need, but we dont necessarily have to be good at redstone. AC has a big player base, and with that comes many players who are happy to help and assist even if they aren't AC staff. I'm sure if you asked around on the discord or in-game for help on redstone builds they would be more than happy to tp to you. A redstone rank in my opinion is unnecessary and a waste, especially considering that AC has a 'Builder/Architect' rank.

Regards
    Dola_
    ( AC HELPER )

• Like Like x 1
  5. DKKitty

DKKitty Meowderator Staff Member Moderator

People have brought the idea to applebranch in the past, they suggested a "redstoner" rank prefix or similar, possible winnable thru a comp or something, but apple categorically said No.

At the end of the day, its down to apple, there would be pros and cons to having it but I do not think she is in favour of the idea

6. Rage1124

Rage1124 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Awww, but I wanted to be a "Redstoner"! :p But yeah, what Dola said kinda, the AC community is fairly legit and just asking in here, discord, or chat will certainly get you the help you need. I myself love redstone as well. :D Making doors and auto farms is the best!

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Batarian

Batarian Member

8. WhiteGlue

WhiteGlue Active Member