Rules

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by Lornon001, Dec 8, 2018.

?

Do you think rules are being enforced?

Poll closed Saturday at 3:47 AM.
  1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. Somewhat

33.3%
  1. Lornon001

Lornon001 New Member

I have come to have many issues red server as of late! The rules that are so clearly laid out in the forums that many of us try to follow are not being enforced. Specifically

No racism/hate speech, politics, religion, or excessive swearing

• Respect other players, staff, and helpers!
    No Harassment.

Players are creating alt accounts to harass specific players. Or already have alt accounts and are doing so. I'm on often enough to know how bad things are getting and I'm sure others would agree to these issues. My question is when MODs are going to enforce the rules? I know a warning comes first yet we have players who constantly ignore mods and keep doing the same thing violating the same rules? I am a logical man if you make rules enforce them and have your MODs and helpers enforce them. I would like to see the use of alt account banned from the server though ultimately this is not my call.

2. Capsi

Capsi Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hi there,
    I am predominantly a blue-world moderator and thus cannot render much in-game help, however to address your concerns:

If you notice any specific cases of rules being broken without seemingly being addressed by a moderator, please by all means either message a moderator the issue in-game or alternatively what you've done here and bring it to the forums.

Alt accounts will never be banned.
    Harassment can be quite fickle and subjective, it is entirely dependent on the scale and extremity at which it is happening as to whether a moderator needs to intervene.
    The majority of cases are dealt with by the players themselves with the /ignore command.

There are many intricacies to punishment and moderation processes that may not be quite so obvious to a by-standing player; However that is not to say we are incapable of fault or negligence.

If you are in doubt and believing there be a lack of action towards a specific issue, please bring the specific issue or altercation up with any relevant evidence via the aforementioned means.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lornon001

Lornon001 New Member

Is there any way for the /ignore to also apply to world chat as it can be used for msgs but does not stop someone from doing so in world chat. I do like some of the MODs they are responsive and I tend to have patience when in the game waiting for a reply as I understand it can be very busy. If there is can we have somewhere with all the /commands for players posted.

4. Capsi

Capsi Moderator Staff Member Moderator

/ignore does not work for world chat, anything hostile that has been blocked in /msg that is then taken to global should be monitored and dealt with by a moderator.
    Currently the player commands are somewhat scattered around the forums, i'll compile them all together today into this thread: http://applecraft.org/community/index.php?threads/the-applecraft-players-handbook.10153/

5. applebranch

applebranch Owner Staff Member Owner

Hi @Lornon001

Can you please let me know who is being harassed, and who is using alt accounts to harass that player? I will check the server chat logs and follow this up for you.

6. Lornon001

Lornon001 New Member

I will default to aeliny post as covering it under more than one post would seem redundant.

7. CoreLyrixian

CoreLyrixian Member

Side note for Lornon; players do have /ignoreplayer (name) to take care of global messages. This should help for most cases up until rules are broken whereby a moderator can then step in.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1