POLL Should There Be A Youtuber Rank In Applecraft?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ForgivenMist, Aug 6, 2017.

?

Should there be a rank for YouTubers?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2017.
  1. Yes

15.4%
  2. No

84.6%
  1. ForgivenMist

ForgivenMist New Member

Should There Be A Youtuber Rank In Applecraft?

I say this because there may be some YouTubers that may record on this server and upload the videos to YouTube. As I'm saying this, I will not release my YouTube channel on the forums so I do not get banned, but I will send a link to those who would like to view my channel and maybe drop a sub ;3. But anyways, down below, there is a poll of which there should be a YouTuber rank, OR NAH...lol no; but anyways I will show applebranch the results of what you think, but the winning answer will have to make it through applebranch. Peace out mother freakers ;) ;) ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  2. Mariozgr8

Mariozgr8 Active Member

You can release your youtube channel on the forums, if you are uploading Applecraft content.
    Personally i don't think it is a good idea, because generally there is no perks to give to the youtuber ranks appart from maybe /v for some huge channel. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. CathalA06

CathalA06 New Member

I think this is a great idea! It could benefit the server if there was rules such as "At liest one video on AppleCraft every two weeks"! It would also benifit the Youztube Chanel, as well.

@Mariozgr8 the YT rank would just be [YT] CathalA06 etc, the player could just have char "bypass" so he/she could post Chanel links in chat. The player would have the same perms as whatever rank they bought?

Cheers :)

Also @ForgivenMist can you mail me the link? :)

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  4. Puggernauts

Puggernauts Puppy of The Supreme Overlord, Indiedreams. Staff Member Moderator

Personally its a no from me. Maybe they could still be rewarded for giving the server publicity if they have tons of subs.

• Like Like x 5
  5. DKKitty

DKKitty Felis Modus Staff Member Moderator

also a no from me i'm afraid, applecraft stands apart from other servers for me and I'd hate for it to become just that bit mor generic..=/

• Like Like x 2
  6. DKKitty

DKKitty Felis Modus Staff Member Moderator

if anything at all i think /v is too much, a chat channel and a certain pet maybe more appliccable, still a no from me tho :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. shadowfire109

shadowfire109 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This would have to be a no for me as well mostly on the side of it would attract unwanted attention for those who have it. I know someone people would enjoy it but for other its would ruin a recording if they don't turn off chat.

• Like Like x 3
  8. GameLandYT

GameLandYT New Member

I think you should add a YT rank,

1. You should have to have a min of 100 subs
    2. Upload frequent Minecraft videos (doesn't have to be on Applecraft)
    3. At least upload 1 video on Applecraft
    4. Have 10,000 min total channel views
    5. Have at least 1,000 views on one video
    They would (or should) be the requirements for the rank.

EXAMPLE OF CHAT:
    [YT]GameLandYT > Example!

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  9. AsianStar

AsianStar Member

Nah

When going on YouTube and search Applecraft, it pop out some random MCPE Let's play of retards for real

• Like Like x 2
  10. Addeve

Addeve Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Apple is against having a Youtuber rank (in the past at least) I wouldn't get your hopes up

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. AsianStar

AsianStar Member

Nah

If you dare, get about 75M sub or-else nah.

Just Kidding no youtube rank :p

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. ze persone

ze persone New Member

While I'm fine with Youtubers on Applecraft, I see no reason why they should get a special rank an privileges otherwise everyone who can figure out how would have it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Mel

Mel New Member

I don't mind YouTubers, as long as they don't go "Umm could you move please, you're in my shot" or "Could you guys stop chatting for a second, it's distracting my screen"

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Basically we haven't done this in the past and we almost certainly won't be doing this in the future. There is no reason to have youtubers stand out from the crowd, it serves no benifits to us or them. It simply entertains their oversized ego. Secondly YouTube fame would bring hundreds of trolls and useless morons to the server that would fill up the 200 player limit and make the already complained about lag, worse. We aren't struggling for a player base.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. AsianStar

AsianStar Member

Just get spam bots and you will be *FAKE-LY famous*

16. AsianStar

AsianStar Member

Plus:

17. Mitchstopher

Mitchstopher Member

I am also voting no to this.
    Reasoning as follows:
    1. Completely unnecessary rank, as anybody and everybody can claim such a rank with minimal work.
    2. The publicity would certainly bring in more negative players than positive players. I only say this because I personally believe the majority of people who still have Minecraft installed on their PCs only keep it around to server hop and grief people or use hacks to fuck off.
    3. Server Lag: As it is, we Generally come close enough to reaching our Log In limit. I for one would be annoyed to have to wait in Queue, for a bunch of 1 time players to log in and look around, to never come back again.

That being said, I'm fine with YT'ers on AC, however there need not be a special rank for it.
    Definitely not special commands either. The spammy tendencies of our global chat is bad enough without people given perms to spam links and nonsense.

Sorry for being long winded.
    Mitchstopher