Taken on a trade.

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by Nightlance, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Nightlance

Nightlance New Member

BlueStateSwimmer and I agreed on a price for a Halloween crate key. I paid my diamonds, but received no key. I don't know exactly what happened, but they say it was thrown. I never saw it thrown, though they say they saw someone invisible nearby. I didn't see whatever they saw. This was at 2:40am EST 10/18. Not sure what can be done, but I'm out a large chunk of DBs and figured I'd at least report it. Thanks for your time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Capsi

Capsi Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hi, what world was this on?

3. Nightlance

Nightlance New Member

This was on Red. I messaged one of the moderators in-game, Onysable(sp?), they confirmed there was a trade and that the item was stolen. There were kind apologies, a warning that trade in public is dangerous, and that there wasn't anything to be done about it. It was an expensive enlightenment, but now that I know such play styles are allowed on Red, I will adjust my trading practices accordingly. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. PartumCreed

PartumCreed Member

Most reports are hostile & emotional. The way you wrote & dealt with this was courteous.
    You have my compliments, @Nightlance.

• Like Like x 2
  5. PrismaticKitten

PrismaticKitten New Member

Sometimes they will hand it back and sometimes not. I learned it the hard way too. I think spawn or your private home is safest.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nightlance

Nightlance New Member

Thanks @PartumCreed ! I don't get bent out of shape over games, I play for fun and relaxation. And I would certainly never take out my frustrations on the moderators who volunteer their time and effort for the communities. I appreciate their help and support and know that they can't fix everything :)

@PrismaticKitten I agree with the private home. I set up a little space in one of my claims for trading, or will go to others' private spots. This incident happened at spawn, and I don't think my trading partner realized it wasn't safe to just throw items about without warning or clarity. I ended up letting them keep the DBs, since they were out their item as well. Such is life, I will just mine more!

Thanks for the likes, and thanks for the attention from the staff. I consider this matter closed. See you all in-game!

• Like Like x 1