Account Balance in the Shop

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by _TheAwis_, Aug 24, 2019.

?

Adding Account Balance

Poll closed Aug 27, 2019.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. _TheAwis_

_TheAwis_ New Member

since my english is very bad in this post im Editing the Reply from Rushbin in the Original Post here:
    Using his example, he wants $40 for Champion. Instead of spending the $40 right away in one go for Champion, he could get a person to spend $10 for his account balance. Awis won't get any items or ranks, but he would have $10 in his account balance which he can then use to spend on items/ranks whenever he chooses too. That way, he can get 3 others who also spend $10 on him (through IRL deals), and he gets his balance up to $40. After that he can then buy Champion. In the end its effectively splitting up the cost of the $40 for Champion to 4 different people across different transactions, instead of one person spending the $40 in a single go.

Original: I would like to suggest to add Account Balance to the Applecraft Shop because it would speed up the Progress of ranking up. I have the Problem now that i have 4x64 Diamondblocks i want to sell for 40$ to rank up to Immortal on Red, but i found a few people who want to buy just one Stack of Dbs. That would'nt help me at all to rank up tho. So if there was a Account Balance you can do things faster :D.
    Or just dont pay 40$
    immediately and do it step by step.

Greetings
    _TheAwis_

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  2. SJ_

SJ_ Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Sorry to say mate but I doubt thatll happen, it would divert alot of money away from the upkeep of the server. Would be nice tho

3. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot

How would it divert money away from the server? It would still be funds for the server as it would ultimately be spent on ranks/things from shop. Although I believe that would be a suggestion for buycraft? I think that's the service we use for the shop.

4. Rushbin

Rushbin The Server Bum

Would be a cool thing to add actually, where the money spent doesn't have to go directly towards an item/rank, but like a virtual AC bank account that you can then use the money from to buy other things

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rushbin

Rushbin The Server Bum

A more detailed explanation for those who don't understand what he is asking for:

Using his example, he wants $40 for Champion. Instead of spending the $40 right away in one go for Champion, he could get a person to spend $10 for his account balance. Awis won't get any items or ranks, but he would have $10 in his account balance which he can then use to spend on items/ranks whenever he chooses too. That way, he can get 3 others who also spend $10 on him (through IRL deals), and he gets his balance up to $40. After that he can then buy Champion. In the end its effectively splitting up the cost of the $40 for Champion to 4 different people across different transactions, instead of one person spending the $40 in a single go.

• Like Like x 3
  6. SJ_

Ohh I thought he was suggesting that u should be able to buy ranks with db and no irl transaction from anyone.

7. SJ_

In that case ignore what I said, that would be rlly nice if it was implemented ;p

8. CD_Marauder

CD_Marauder Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The issue with this is: how would we secure it so random people cant spend your balance for you? A passworded login would have to be implemented, with a gift feature that allows you to gift a rank/item/balance to another account.

9. TheAncapGent

TheAncapGent Active Member

I've had this thought for some time actually, I just figured it wasn't possible as I assumed it would always be in place if so.

However, isn't the going rate 2x64 pr. 10 irl dollars now because of the inflated prices on the server? I remember a time when it was 64 or lower pr. 10 dollars, but that was when I first joined.

10. Woody2Minecraft

Woody2Minecraft Active Member

Really? Wow, I hadn't realized inflation had gotten that bad. Those were the days.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheAncapGent

I'm just referring to what I've witnessed in chat, it might in reality still be 64 pr. 10.
    I surely hope so.

12. Rushbin

Rushbin The Server Bum

It is 2 stacks per $10 on blue if I remember correctly, but only 1 stack per $10 on red atm because it’s a much newer world compared to blue

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. TheAncapGent

That would explain it. :)

14. _TheAwis_

_TheAwis_ New Member

ye sorry my english is not that perfect tho :D

15. mlcrowave

mlcrowave New Member

i think this is a cool idea, but i have a suggestion. instead of having an account balance, we could have tokens. so people could buy me a 10$ token in an irl deal, but to use it, the person has to be looged in with MY account, and i dont wanna give away my account. i think tokens are a better option, and it could be bond to your ACCOUNT and not your IGN

16. TheAncapGent

Let me see if I get your drift here.
    So there would be an option to buy a token of 10 dollars in the shop, as we have now where we just type in our or another persons username, then buy it and the token get added to whatever users account on here, readily available at any moment to get cashed in for ranks or other deals? If that is what you're suggesting, I think that would be a fantastic way of doing it.
    That way people who don't feel like spending a larger amount of money at once could save up over the course of months.

17. mlcrowave

mlcrowave New Member

Yes, and we could still do it the old way too, so either you cold buy a token, or you could buy something at once

18. TheAncapGent

@applebranch - Would something like this be possible? Maybe where the token would be an item in-game, and then have a villager to sell ranks in-game at spawn as well, maybe?
    That way we could save up on the server, and there wouldn't be a need for any stuff added on the forum users.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot

I like this idea. Alot.

• Like Like x 2