POLL Applecraft Store Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Joe Rogan, Nov 10, 2019.

?

Custom Rank Token

1. Duration 30 Days

2. Duration 15 Days

3. Duration 7 Days

4. Unlimited

5. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Joe Rogan

Joe Rogan New Member

I've had a few ideas to help add more variety to the server store without sacrificing the Vanilla experience. Vote on this poll if you feel this item is a good idea. The price of this item is totally up to Apple and what she feels comfortable charging for them, so I will not be adding any answers involving pricing. This rank token would not allow players to impersonate staff. Moderator and Helper title's (including the color schemes) would not be allowed. Note these items could be put in either the Legend Shop or the Applecraft Store.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Pixelus

Pixelus Polar Bear Staff Member Admin

I do like the idea,
    however as always with giving people the option to publicly display a custom name. There are always those dumb asses that will use it in an inappropriate way like when we had kills display in chat with.. colourful names for weapons. Other than that annoyance I do think this would be a nice addition

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Rob

Rob Moderator Staff Member Moderator

"Dumbasses" is one word dumbass.

Couldn't we filter for tags like that like in chat and provide a means to change the tag during the purchase period? If a player logs on with an offensive tag they get banned till they change it. No refund, no prorate.

4. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot

Chat would become so unfriendly for newbies as there would be so much shit to look at and try and understand. It would also be so fucking awful to look at.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ShadowDelux

ShadowDelux lol what’s this do Staff Member Admin

Back in the glory days of prison servers I remember custom tags very well. It really did become a confusing and ugly mess to look at and understand.

Therefore I wouldn’t like to see custom tags added personally.

6. Liounax

Liounax Professional Squinter Staff Member Moderator

I do like the idea but the downside as listed above... ;-;

7. Joe Rogan

Joe Rogan New Member

you folks do realize that the custom tags would be an item someone would have to purchase off the store. I doubt every single person will spend money on a custom tag, it's just a suggestion to generate more revenue for the server without giving up the vanilla experience. Someone's tag shouldn't cause confusion it's very simple to decipher whether you're speaking to an admin or not, what else is important about rank tags. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't think it's fair to say confusion is the reason not to add these items as there should be no confusion with rank tags because players would not be allowed to impersonate staff with their custom rank tag.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Addeve

Addeve Active Member Staff Member Admin

We already have some custom rank tokens so I don't see confusion being an issue as long as its not staff colors or a staff name. My vote would be that it lasts for 14 days, I feel anything less is too short and longer may be too long. And I think maybe like $5 for the 14 days is pretty reasonable

• Like Like x 1
  9. Batarian

Batarian Leader