August Update!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by applebranch, Aug 18, 2019.

1. applebranch

applebranch Owner Staff Member Owner

[​IMG]

Hi everyone!

Here are the latest updates for Applecraft:

Red and Blue Update To 1.14.4
    Many of you have been asking when Red and Blue will update to 1.14, and the answer is: soon! The main reason we have not updated Red and Blue yet is that performance on 1.14 is far lower than 1.13, which means we'd see more lag in these worlds when we update. However, Paper have developed a patch for async chunk loading which has massively improved performance, which will hopefully be added to the official 1.14 Paper build in the coming week(s). I will be doing some testing next weekend in preparation for the upgrade.

However, we are still waiting on a few things final things before we can update Red and Blue to 1.14. I will update this list as we go:
    • Async chunk loading added to master Paper build
    • Shops plugin working in 1.14.4
    • LegendShop plugin working in 1.14.4

Purple Upgrades
    Purple is going to see some improvements this week, too! As part of upgrading Red and Blue to 1.14, I will be adding some new plugins to Purple (the Legend Shop, and Shops plugin) and updating spawn. Purple may experience some short downtime (max 30 minutes) during the week as I add in the shops world and configure some last minute changes. Once we ensure that shops work correctly on 1.14, we can then update Red and Blue.

Helper Applications Open
    Good news! We are hiring our next round of Helpers again. Please visit THIS THREAD to lodge your Helper application. Helper applications will close on the 24th of August. We are particularly looking for Helpers from the Blue and Purple servers.

Build Competition
    We will be starting a new build competition for Architect rank next weekend! The goal of this competition is to build a PVP arena. The winning builds will be used in a server event starting later in the year!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
  2. rlep

rlep Member

Thats so cool! thats for everything apple I speak for all of us when I say thank you so much for making Applecraft possible:)

Yours truly, rlep:p

• Like Like x 2
  3. FricketyFrack

FricketyFrack New Member

Does anyone know if the server is back up yet? Every time I try to log on, it says "unresolved hostname"

4. SJ_

SJ_ Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pretty sure it was up then, make sure you're using
    play.applecraft.org
    or 158.69.123.178

5. Skullbane

Skullbane Member

Wow. Just wow

6. Ethan Dorais

Ethan Dorais New Member

tbh might as well wait for 1.15 at this point

7. TapeLegends

TapeLegends New Member

is red and blue update complete? im considering migrating there permanently

also is there any way to move items cross server?

8. rlep

rlep Member

there used to be a way to transport items form wilderness to red but maybe once blue and red become 1.14 servers maybe apple will open /backpack again for purple players to transport there 1.14 item to the other survers