Ban Appeal - LikaSumbodyyy

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by LikaSumbodyyy, Jul 14, 2019 at 5:47 AM.

1. LikaSumbodyyy

LikaSumbodyyy New Member

In-game name: LikaSumbodyyy
    Ban date: July 13, 2019
    Ban reason (if known): X-Ray
    Moderator who banned (if known): DiamondLover162
    Comments/explanation:

So firstly I would love to criticize the hypocrisy of mods since any normal server would and should interrogate the suspected person for confirmation at least because being 100% sure of something is impossible. Secondly when I talked to others in the server, half the people said appealing is USELESS because the mods will often get "pissed" and perm-ban players. That is poor moderation. Nevertheless here is my argument:

For starters I myself have played Minecraft for almost 8 years and I admit finding in the realms of 3 stacks of diamonds is unlikely in an hour as I have barely touched that much while strip mining with a beacon - yet not impossible. In addition I believe just 2 weeks ago on this exact server I was complaining about how a 7-day ban for X-Raying was too light and it is brutally ironic how here I am appealing on a forum for a 7-day ban for X-Raying. So by now I have a mod fuming and stacking up evidence why I was X-Raying but I'll break it down into 3 sections because I have moderated MULTIPLE servers in the past including Simple Survival (old server that crashed) and I fully understand the basis of X-Raying.

X-Ray Reasons
    1. Strange mining patterns
    2. Odd pauses in mining
    3. Finding an excessive amount of diamonds

1. Strange mining patterns are often the highlights of X-Raying. Without a doubt if someone tunnels near an ore and then suddenly turns to find another abundance of ores it is at least suspicious. The second most obvious indicator are rapid changes in Y-Coordinates as a normal strip miner would mine at Y:11. So now let us return to my scenario. I have strip mined many times with a beacon and it would normally be my go to way of mining for diamonds. If you have monitored me in the past you know I strip mine a TON. In addition if I hated mining so much I would not be creating a 100 by 100 pit. So here is my alibi of sorts because right now I'm 7 days banned and guilty of this crime: I spent the last 4 hours in a Fortnite Tournament and wanted to unwind. What to do? Play Minecraft. Like what else would you do? So I wild warped twice I believe setting out to cave a bit. First warp was a snow biome, high altitude so I warped again. I found a nice opening in the ground and went through it and I found a massive crevasse in the ground. I mined safely down to avoid taking fall damage and then started tunneling a 2 by 2 tunnel (not that uncommon) at the base of the crevasse starting at a visible ore. I tunneled straight mining ores I saw on the wall and changing directions whenever I saw an ore. Sometimes I would mine ores and I would fall down to bedrock and instinctively as anyone in search of diamonds would do I built up to around Y:11. So in summary I was mining sloppily in an unorthodox manner, sure. I was tired and there are more methods to mining than just strip mining. The changes of Y-Coordinates are attributed to me falling down from mining ores and then returning to around Y:11. I will gladly return to my mining tunnel to prove this and a moderator can check block history to validate exactly this.

2. Understandably your system maybe alerted mods of potential X-Ray so I was being monitored. I realized this early on as I noticed artifacts near me which sometimes happens on servers as invisibility sometimes bugs out. I noticed this but I continued mining because I straight up was doing NOTHING wrong. Like if you think I would keep mining knowing I was getting watched, why would I continue my "strange mining patterns." Regardless throughout this I was in a Discord call with friends, one of which is a Youtuber and I remarked at this moment "I think a moderator is monitoring me 'lmao' they probably think I'm X-Raying." I have an entire 2 hour recording of me talking with my friends and a few moments when I found diamonds. The comicality of this circumstance made me laugh when I first got banned until they said I had to appeal to this forum instead of logically speaking to a moderator. Moving on though to the point of this paragraph, the moderators most likely saw me pausing and the reason for this is as simple as me typing in the AppleCraft chat, which you can see if you look at logs, and secondly texting my friend. If you need screenshots of this I will gladly send them but some messages may be censored for privacy reasons. Conclusively though me "pausing to X-Ray" simply is me taking breaks hence why even in the middle I "/spawn" to protect myself for a longer text.

3. Now we get to the juice of it all right? If everything was true and I really was legitimately mining in a random tunneling pattern, what are the odds that I found that many diamonds. Truthfully, not that high as we all know. Although diamonds most frequently spawn between Y:5-12 me finding the quantity of diamonds I found is unlikely. With that being said I was mining near lava pools, in a crevasse where diamonds have increased spawn rates - something I knew being an avid Minecraft player. So you can call that bullshit, which I think is okay but at the end of the day it came down to a lot of luck. When I was mining, in the same linear direction I found veins of diamond ores only 3 blocks away from each other. This has nothing to do with X-Ray this is simple luck. As much as an moderator would hate to believe finding that many diamonds in a random mining pattern is "luck" discrediting the possibility is foolish and I have plenty of evidence to defend how this was not a case of X-Raying including download history.

Concluding thoughts: I appreciate the effort the mods go through to maintain a safe environment for the rest of Applecraft but I truly believe mods should go through a longer process determining the use of mods or hacks. Trap rooms are an excellent tool for catching X-Ray users and the use of them would improve the accuracy of bans. It is unfortunate I could not talk a mod through this but hopefully everything clears up. Anyways thanks for reading, cheers.

2. LikaSumbodyyy

LikaSumbodyyy New Member

Ah I see. I have not read your case but it is very notable if mods took into account where other ores were present, a much different scenario would be given most of the times.

3. DianaO

DianaO Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hello!

I am the moderator that banned you for Xray, thank you for taking the time to appeal to our forums! Before I present the evidence collected for your ban I would like to point out a few things from your appeal.

While many may not believe so, we 100% strive to ensure our bans are fair and as close to 100% certain as we can. At the time of a ban, we do not contact the player for a personal one-on-one talk for many reasons, such as the fact that a staff member can never 100% confirm that the player is telling the truth to them and therefore cannot take their word for it on their excuses. A formal appeal in the forums allows for both sides to present their side of the story and any evidence for or against their ban. Moderators do not, and can not, perm ban another player without sufficient cause without the high chance for a strike or demotion from admins. Moderators do make mistakes however, which is why you do sometimes see a player being unbanned if a mod misjudges their mining as xraying.

I'd also like to point out that while you described yourself as occasionally pausing to type in chat, another mod and I watched you as you stopped but kept moving your head around, moving back and forth while looking around. We always try to give players the benefit of the doubt but the motion of looking around at what a normal player would see as plain stone with no lava around then mining in that direction and hitting diamonds is a clear sign of X-ray. We are 100% aware that many players have a strange mining style but this can not always excuse xraying.

Now onto the more interesting stuff:

For your convenience, I rolled back all the ore in the areas you mined up to give you a clear idea of what we are seeing here.

ALL BLOCKS NOT INCLUDED ARE THINGS LIKE STONE, DIRT, COBBLESTONE, DIORITE, ETC THAT WERE MINED UP/PLACED. NOT ORE

Evidence 1:

Evidence1pt1.png
    You entered this ravine and started mining a tunnel, not beginning from digging through ore but starting from regular stone.
    Evidence1pt2.png
    You then took a sharp turn after finding red stone, moving down one level then turning again only to mine down and hit gold/diamonds. I would like to point out that you had to break a layer of stone in order to even see the gold ore had you wanted to stay on the same level at the time.

Evidence 2:

Evidence2pt1.png
    At this point after a hit of coal, you proceeded to mine directly down and mine this diamond. While this could be attributed to mining straight down after hitting ore this direct path down happened a few blocks away. The digging to bedrock pattern usually only seems to happen when there is a diamond near bedrock, very rarely showing a point where you mine down to bedrock and not find anything.
    Evidence2pt2.png
    You then take another sharp turn, mining directly to two diamond hits in the same path

Evidence 3:

Evidence3.png
    You then take another sharp turn (not prompted by finding an ore) and hit more diamonds.

Evidence 4:

Evidence4.png
    This is when you take another turn, hitting iron yes but you proceed to continue to mine to this patch of diamonds that even after the iron was hidden under two layers of stone and off to the side.

Evidence 5:

Evidence5.png
    A very obvious sign right after this is that you proceeded to not only mine up without the prompting by any other ore, but you also take a sharp turn at that elevated level and hit diamonds almost immediately.

Evidence 6:

Evidence6pt1.png
    You then continue, hitting a patch of diamonds that had been completely covered by stone via your path that you had no way of seeing with the direction you were taking.
    Evidence6pt2.png

Evidence 7:

Evidence7.png
    Another turn and you hit diamonds again.

to be continued..

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019 at 6:29 PM
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. DianaO

Evidence 8 pt 2:

Evidence8pt2.png
    At this point you take another turn after the diamond hit, right before you turn again you mine directly to another patch of diamonds.

Evidence 9:

Evidence9.png
    Here you continue to mine but right before turning again you mine up completely unprompted and hit more diamonds that were hidden by stone above you.

Evidence 10:

Evidence10.png
    You then hit a bit of coal ore but instead of mining directly down or continuing with your normal mining pattern you dig down at an angle and hit another bit of diamond at bedrock. You then mine yourself right back up. This bit of diamond would've been completely hidden by stone even though you mined the coal ore close to it.
    Evidence10pt2.png

Evidence 11:

Evidence11.png
    You then take another turn and hit another bit of diamond. I could give you the benefit of the doubt with this hit since it could've been exposed after mining the iron on top.

Evidence 12:

Evidence12.png
    While you were mining close to this area, I spotted a bit of diamond in a cave very close to where you were mining. I waited to see if you would look at it/ mine straight towards it and you did. Keep in mind that at this point you were very obviously looking around/moving around in what looked like an attempt to see diamond through the walls. This was confirmed by the fact that you looked up to this diamond and then immediately dug to it.

Evidence 13:

Evidence13pt1.png
    You then proceeded to mine a tunnel through the cave (despite the fact that there was already a tunnel going to the other side of what would become this small tunnel you made) that led straight to covered diamonds. This tunnel did not start from other ore right where you started.
    Evidence13pt2.png
    This is what the space would've looked like to you before you started mining the tunnel.
    Evidence13pt3.png
    This is what the end would've looked like without you mining the tunnel.

to be continued...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019 at 6:30 PM
  5. DianaO

Evidence 14:

The last straw for us and what prompted me to officially confront you is this other extremely obvious hit.

(this is what the space looked like before you mined the tunnel into it to, this is to show that the tunnel didn't start from an ore you just happened to be mining)
    Evidence14.png
    You proceeded to mine into regular stone, mining directly down to another hit of diamonds with no other ore in this tunnel before you hit it.
    Evidence14pt2.png

This all led us to the conclusion that you were xraying.

Please remove any and all X-ray texture packs/hacks before you return from your 7 day ban, please keep in mind that a second offense would result in a permanent ban.

Thank you <3

-DiamondLover162

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. LikaSumbodyyy

LikaSumbodyyy New Member

So I appreciate firstly the time you put in going through this but a lot of the evidence is heavily flawed. There are some instances where your proof is compelling however if you read anything I said there is no decisive moment that should have lead to the conclusion of X-Raying as you seem to have pointed out. Regarding your first comment however, if you saw small head movements, that probably is attributed to bumping into my mouse. Me spinning around as I said, I noticed artifacts and I had the suspicion I was being monitored, something to which I have audio recording of me commenting on even. I am more than certain at the moment you were monitoring you saw me turn around and strike the air with my sword. With that being said X-Rayers normally gaze for ores, I am certain I did not do that and from your argument you had X-Ray on so I am confident that wherever I did mine I missed ores and diamond and indefinitely took longer routes. I am ever so confident in this as if you went through the work yourself, I most likely missed ores in my path as I was mining linear paths making me missing ores probably extremely likely. Likewise though I'll put myself in the worst situation and give you the benefit of the doubt and let us act like I was an X-Rayer. In most the images you produced, there are much more logical routes I could have taken. You said it yourself, via. caves or previous tunnels. This is something an X-Ray user can see but as I have said, I have been mining 2 by 2's nonchalantly this entire time. Anyways even though you didn't address a lot of my argumentation, since I am currently 'guilty' I will gladly argue yours.

I would like the begin my first point to the bulk of your evidence so I can make it extremely clear to you that you should not do this, and I hope this message passes on to other moderators because people in the server have told me about exactly this yesterday. When mining in general, upon coming across an ore, any individual will mine around said ore as they spawn in veins. It is noted different ores spawn next to each other in clusters or approximately the same radial distance away from one another. So this points out two flaws within the bulk of your argument: mining "dirt or stone blocks" after an ore to find more ores is the most baseless argument I have ever heard and I truly hope you understand this. It is ridiculous and I hope you do not continue accusing people based off of this. In addition you criticize me not staying at the same level and it is comical that you don't think one would mine ores downwards and instead leave them alone. If you were monitoring me, there were moments where I mined around an ore to find nothing. I believe this point alone fully argues and discredits Evidences 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12.
    Second point would be that mining diagonally isn't as obscure as you make it seem. Mathematically you would mine the same amount of blocks diagonally as you would strip mining while covering more Y: distance. The majority of me mining diagonally was to return to a more desirable Y-Coordinate which I know you understand because it was not part of your argument however I think this adequately addresses Evidences 5, 10.

So I am going to tackle the evidence I can tackle that are left because 2 were honestly pretty suspicious when even I look at them. However I'll being with Evidence 13 where you criticize my random tunneling but what it notable is that this is on the edge of a lava pool where diamonds are common. I used a water bucket to take out the lava and kept on mining avoiding the sounds of lava. That is why I staggered to the right and as I said before, I was mining randomly with no knowledge of where I previously was.

That leaves us with the inexplicable 9 and 14. Starting with 9...I have absolutely nothing factual about this one and even in trying to think of a logical explanation it seems too coincidental. If you have footage on this one or something I think it would explain it better because my best explanation I could guess is afking and mining straight up? Honestly this one is baffling and I cannot explain it as it would be awfully coincidental no matter how I explained it. In turn I would suggest
    Evidence 9 is valid evidence for suspicion of X-Raying. Moving on however to 14 I did say I would start at ores but I was simply mining a new path. It is the same premise to how I started mining and then correspondingly I use the exact same stair case method downwards that I have used a few times. I think it is extremely note worthy of understanding that this does not show the dirt and gravel I mined out in all cases. Mining dirt and gravel is quicker than mining with an Efficiency V pickaxe and as a result a lot of weird "patterns" are me mining dirt or gravel. In turn although you called Evidence 14 the turning point I would like to argue it is just a mixture of what I have mentioned above. Conclusively making Evidence 9 the only sign of X-Raying that I think anyone should competently agree with given the rest of my argument in my last post with the mounds of audio recordings and screenshots of text messages that I can supply for the time if that is what it requires. I truly think the effort you put however is admirably and I am reassured to know moderators do a great job on finding the truth. If you wish for any further explanation let me know and I will also be glad to assist.

• Potato Potato x 2
  7. Syltoox

Syltoox New Member

looks for me 100% xray. wont defend u on that lol

8. LikaSumbodyyy

LikaSumbodyyy New Member

You changed your narrative pretty quickly @Styloox but that's okay. Take time to read what I said maybe instead of dragging everyone else down with you.

• Potato Potato x 1