Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Henry DiCapua, Feb 13, 2019 at 10:36 PM.

1. Henry DiCapua

Henry DiCapua New Member

GratefulLasagna
    2/12/19
    Xray & PvP Hacked Client
    MacTwistie

Applecraft Ban Appeal for Wilderness

First off I'd like to apologize for my actions. Lying to a staff member, and disrupting the community had a negative impact on the myself, the players, and even staff members. My disruption took time away from those who wanted to play and have fun, as well as moderators who could have been getting work done. For these actions I am sorry and vow to never repeat again.
    As someone who really enjoys the game Minecraft, I have always played on servers. Bonding with communities, building, PvP'ing, and making a difference on a server are all things I take pleasure in doing. Over the last few years the amount of players on the Java platform have declined as Minecraft Bedrock has come out. This has had an impact on server population, resulting in the closure of many sVanilla servers. I stopped playing the game for several months as I had lost hope in finding a new place to call home. As you might know, there are not many other semi-vanilla servers out there, but when I came upon Applecraft, my drive to play was completely recreated. If you check the data logs you'll see that I played for somewhere around 20-30 hours within three days, I was that enchanted with the server.
    As I continued playing, I realized how far behind I was from the top players. Additionally, I found out that there had not been a reset in a long time, and that some players were far more "OP" than myself. Out of impatience and impulse behavior, I decided that using illegal modes of play would allow me to increase the rate at which I advance and acquire items. By xray'ing and killing players with kill aura, not only did I take away from the players and bases I stole from and killed, but I hurt myself in the process.
    After being banned, I came to a realization. Stepping back, I saw that within those 20-30 hours, I had SO MUCH FUN. I teamed up with certain groups within the community, built an extensive base and character as a player. By trying to cut short the act of gaining experience, acquiring items legally, and ultimately advancing on the server, I royally screwed myself over.
    If I were to be re accepted to the server, I vow to never use hacked clients again. As I've said, they just take away the fun and experience of Applecraft's take on Minecraft.
    Once again I want to reiterate my remorse for breaking the rules, and humbly ask to be given another chance. I expect to be judged by my actions, and I appreciate your time.

Thank you,
    Henry

2. MacTwistie

MacTwistie New Member Staff Member

I have put a great deal of though about your ban appeal, and I am sorry to say the answer is no.

I do understand Xraying in order to catch up. If caught for that alone, it would have been a 7 day ban, then permanent ban only if you did it again.

I also understand using a hacked client to pvp - its something I would like to forgive, but such forgiveness would only ever be granted by an admin or above, and is very unlikely to happen even if I asked. Also, you have a history in minecraft that shows you have used PVP Hacks before, so in no way is this a new thing.

But lastly, when you were Xraying, you Xrayed into a players base, and not only did you raid it but you completely emptied the base and left nothing behind at all. This tells me that you really don't care about other people or players, and are just telling me a story that you hope might get you what you want.

So again, the answer is no. When you find a new server or game, I hope you have learnt a lesson and do better.

Cheers

3. Henry DiCapua

Henry DiCapua New Member

Thanks for considering, but I'm going to present an alternate option. Seeing that my offenses are greater than the usual 7 day ban, is it possible I could be tempbanned for longer, saying two or three weeks? I would really hate to never be able to come back.

Henry

• Potato Potato x 1
  4. Henry DiCapua

Henry DiCapua New Member

I promise I'll prove myself to be a functioning member of your community. Keep an eye on me and and I know you'll be happy with my actions. I don't want to lie about how I'm a "changed player" and all that bs I just want to be honest and let you know I'm really fucking bored now that I can't play on a decent server. Again, ONE more chance. Any slip up and you can perm ban me until the cows come home, but let me prove myself, I'll make you proud.

THANK YOU,
    Henry