Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Oriandon, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Oriandon

Oriandon New Member

In-game name: Oriandon
    Ban date: 09/16/2019
    Ban reason (if known): Xray
    Moderator who banned (if known): ArachnidVenus
    Comments/explanation:

I have been mining in a straight line from my base for a while now (except for a few shorter rows closer to my base). I had been mining in an area with a lot of older mines when they banned me, and occasionally I explored a few of them a little bit, but other than that I've stuck to one straight line.
    Arachnid said I "mined straight to some diamonds", which I sincerely don't know what he's referring to because all my diamonds had been along the main line.
    I see why it looks a bit like x-raying, so I'm not upset or anything, but I also wasn't x-raying.
    If you check my inventory history (if you're able) you would see I've mined a total of maybe 30 diamonds since I re-joined the other day. In fact today was the first time I'd hit more than two veins in one trip, which I imagine is why they waited until now to ban me.
    Arachnid said they had been watching me for a while now, which is confusing because if they were than they would have seen how few diamonds I've mined.
    I've never been banned or suspended from any server in about 8 years of playing minecraft.
    Thanks and sorry for the trouble

• Like Like x 1
  2. ArachnidVenus

ArachnidVenus Moderator Staff Member Moderator

hi there, thanks for using the correct appeal format.

here are the instances in which me and @sweney saw you mine:

with this particular vein, you were on the other side in a different tunnel, stopped, and then walked to where a small patch of iron was just in front of the diamond in order to make it appear as though you had mined it legitimately
    [​IMG]

here are the instances in which you mined directly toward diamond:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

additionally sweney and myself both witnessed you mine directly toward a patch of iron, turn around, and start mining in the opposite direction, where the other 3 veins were uncovered. because of this, the 7 day ban will remain. please use this time to remove any and all xray texture packs/mods you may have installed.

thanks for playing applecraft, hope to see you in a week!~

eternally yours,
    Venus

3. Oriandon

Oriandon New Member

Hey Venus, I really can see how this looks like x-raying and I probably would have banned me too.
    But I sincerely wasn't, and if possible I'll try to prove it, though if I'm unable to then I'll accept the temp ban.

The first and third images I'm almost certain are along my main strip mine, which you can easily verify. I'm a little less sure about the second one, but I think it goes for that one too.

Regarding the first image, I was going along my main mine tunnel and then saw the other mine nearby with some lapis exposed, and I mined over there to get it and then returned to where I ended up finding diamond. You said I hadn't been mining in a straight line, but I actually have been, except for a few explorations into existing tunnels, none of which led me to any diamonds.

These are all along my main tunnel, and I'm curious why you think if I was x-raying I would have such few diamonds.

I'm sure you see this happening all the time and you've probably heard every excuse, so If there's something I can do to prove it please let me know.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  4. ArachnidVenus

hey there. i appreciate your sincerity, unfortunately there isn't anything more that can be done at this time apart from waiting out your ban.

see you then!

eternally yours,
    Venus

5. Oriandon

Oriandon New Member

Okay, it seems like you didn't verify any of the evidence I gave you but I'm sure you're busy so thanks anyway

6. Murph

Murph Redmin Staff Member Admin

G'day oriandon
    Murph here
    your mines have been gone over by myself and two other admins and it has been deemed not xray
    sorry for the ban we will be lifting it and your diamonds have been returned

have a lovely day

7. Oriandon

Oriandon New Member

Thanks so much Murph sorry for all the trouble

8. ArachnidVenus

hey oriandon, i want to apologize for the misunderstanding. :) another staff member went over it with me and i see how i misconstrued, my mistake. glad to have you back!

eternally yours,
    venus~