Ban classymassy

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by Leon Bellamy, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Leon Bellamy

Leon Bellamy New Member

Hi
    I have had a crash in with classymassy as he has been swearing at me, taking the mick out of disability and using lost of inapropritate language I would like he banned please
    Redsmaster
    Many thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. stagjeff

stagjeff Moderator Staff Member Moderator

heya leon,
    As a consequence of him being highly Offensive to other players his default temp mute has been increased to 1 hour, also to prevent more clashes between you and him you should /ignoreplayer <playername> which will render you unable to see his global messages as well as pm's.

We are sorry you had to experience this on applecraft and hope our community is more pleasant in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. albasant

albasant Member

Active players rarely if ever get banned for chat offences, however, they will get longer and longer mutes and more and more backlash from the community if they continue. Also, i suggest /leave g if you find global chat too offensive for your liking.

4. applebranch

applebranch Owner Staff Member Owner

We are going to change our chat mute rules and what we allow in chat in response to these reports.

I will post on the forums as soon as the changes are made. They will come in in the next few days.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Classymassy

Classymassy New Member

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Nils

Nils New Member

Same happened to me. He was swearing to me for no reason and started to say things like my family suck. BAN HIM

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. TheAncapGent

TheAncapGent Active Member

Seriously, people need to not be so damn soft and just ignore the players that they find offensive. The assholes of the server will learn to behave, when they start feeling isolated, it's basic psychology. If you cry about it acting like little children, then they feel a boost of accomplishment and self worth.

The staff doesn't need to hold you guys hands all the way and ban people because someone said something you didn't like. They put in the ignore command for that exact reason, so you can take responsibility for your own happiness on the server by blocking out whoever is being a d**k to you.

The kids of today need to stop whining, really.
    Before I turned twelve, I had had a knife to the throat and a boxcutter to my bellyskin, and I didn't go running to the adults, I just kept on going.
    If someone said mean shit to me, terrorizing me, which was face to face back in the day, I would throw punches, chairs or fucking tables at them.

But to day it's all just fucking written words, on game servers! Come on, grow a pair. Fight fire with fire or just freaking ignore/block them. Let them sail in a boat by their lonesome.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Cherik66

Cherik66 Member

@TheAncapGent this isnt about hand holding or coddling or being soft. Some of these players do need to be reported and brought to the full attention of staff. Yes, block the smarmy little douche canoe asap but also report him so he cant run off new players who dont know yet. When these miscreants go unchecked, by the time they are dealt with, the damage is far more extensive than it should be. We all should take responsibility for AppleCraft.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. TheAncapGent

TheAncapGent Active Member

It is true there is a real possibility of these mofos to be scaring away newbies. But seriously, if you're logging into a server for the first time and one of these shitbags gets in your face, and you don't react by asking staff how to block them or if it's even allowed to be badmouthing, then there's little hope for you. And I don't mean "you" as in you you, I hope you know that.

• Dislike Dislike x 1