Banned for hacked client????

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Gordon Feliz, Feb 12, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gordon Feliz

Gordon Feliz New Member

Ok, let me preface this with a fact: I don't have a hacked client....

In-game name: jiff9
    Ban date: 2/11/2020
    Ban reason (if known): hacked client
    Moderator who banned (if known): Koree_
    Comments/explanation: I was mining, with no hack or any alteration of Minecraft. Maybe because I found a few diamond veins quickly I got banned? I swear if I was mining erratically it was because I was getting the ores that I saw in my strip mine, and then I went back to mining like normal. I think this is ridiculous, having to worry about being banned while simply mining. And if this ban was for some other kind of hacked client, then I honestly don't know what I could be blamed for. Something strange that happened was that a player called "2P_" said "do you know my friend Calvin?" and I suddenly got hit by something that sent me flying, nearly into a lava pool. A few seconds later I was banned. Why?...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  2. Gordon Feliz

Gordon Feliz New Member

@Koree I wanted to play tonight please just review this ban :(

3. Koree

Koree Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hello Jiff,

Sorry for the lateish reply, I didn't see your appeal until now. Originally I was following you because I suspected you of xraying but while I watched you I realized that you weren't just xraying either. At one point you began to zoom at such a high speed that it was difficult to keep up with you and then when 2p(who is an admin) started talking to you you immediately slowed down back to normal speed. Then towards the end, when you were walking towards lava, you somehow jumped over at least 10 blocks of lava to the other side where stone was. I know that you said someone hit you but no one hit. There were other mods watching with me, we all saw you jump.
    As for your ban, it will not be lifted. I'm sorry if you feel that you were wronged here but the there is more than enough evidence against you.

I hope this serves as a reminder next time to not cheat on the games you play.
    Thank you for playing Applecraft, I wish you the best of luck on your next server. : )

Sincerely,
    Koree

4. Gordon Feliz

Gordon Feliz New Member

When was I x-raying or going faster than normal? How can I feel justified with my ban if I don't even see any proof? And I genuinely have no idea how I launched over that lava pool, I thought an admin used a command on me... "More than enough evidence against me." Atleast show it, from my perspective I was just playing normally and then got banned. All the evidence I've seen is from a forum post. Also, "running faster than normal and x-raying." I have no idea how you got either, but the running faster than normal could've been lag and/or me sprinting and jumping through my strip mine to go fast. As for the x-raying, if you saw zig-zags, it was me digging around gravel, or maybe me breaking redstone. The only other time I could think of being suspicious is when I dug from y=10 up to y=11 and found diamonds right away. This was because I wanted to see if I would've gotten better luck at that level, which I did. The issue I'm having with my ban is the fact that I can't defend myself properly, because this seems to be such a one-sided conversation. I need to see evidence to be able to argue, yet I have none and I know you probably won't give me any. Please atleast consider the phrase "innocent until proven guilty," because as far as I've seen I haven't been proven guilty, just had a bunch of claims thrown at me.

I know you probably will just reply to me "topic closed" and end the conversation without even giving me a chance, but please understand why I'm putting in effort to get unbanned. I actually came into this server from a previous server where the staff had no communication with the players, and banned them without ever having a conversation to defend themselves. I never got banned (because I don't hack....) but I didn't want to be part of a server that was ran so coldly. I came here because I had enjoyed how the server was ran, and that the staff seemed to be fair. Please just give me a chance.

The reason I'm defending myself is because I know I don't have a hacked client. Who knows, maybe somehow my game's fucked up, or it lagged, or something, but I promise you I did not purposely alter my client in anyway to give myself an advantage over other players. I play fair, so you should too.

EDIT: Also, why would I use a "hack" to fling over the lava when a ton of staff were watching me? I can't even try to defend whatever happened there to be honest...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  5. Koree

Koree Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Okay here is the evidence that has been complied.

A1.png In the first photo, you were strip mining then you started branching mining only to go back to strip mining all of sudden. As shown with the red arrow you continue to go forward and then turn left into a lake of lava where you mined for a bit more around the lava and then you suddenly turn back but instead of continuing to branch mine or strip you go back a few blocks, turn right, and continue forward for a bit then suddenly turn left and hit diamonds as shown with the blue arrows.

B1.png

Second photo, you've gone strip mining again when you hit another cave. After going a few blocks inward you(Red arrows), yet again, turn around and decide to start strip mining to the right(blue arrows).

B2.png And as shown in our third photo, after a few blocks inward you hit diamond ore, and then proceed forward where you hit 2 more veins of diamond.

Now usually we would gather more evidence to ban for xray expect between photo A1 and B1 you began to speed around abnormally to the point that it was almost impossible to keep up with you in spy(as I stated before). When 2p started to talk to you that is only when you slowed back down to normal speeds and in case you dont believe me, we did a side by side comparison between you're mining with a regular miner using the same tools that you had. This is what we find:
    Your mining times
    Stone: 0.08-0.09
    Normal is 0.11-.13
    Redstone: 0.14-.16
    Normal 0.20-0.22
    Speed: 22BPS
    Normal 18BPS
    The lower timing should not be possible on vanilla client.

Now we also looked over the video where you went flying. Although it does seem that you took damage, there was nothing around you at that moment to cause damage. There was no one in invis, no staff member was near you, no mobs were anywhere to be seen. It doesn't make sense and to be honest, I've never seen anything like it but it still somehow happened and it wasn't something that could be unless you were using some sort of hacked client.

I understand you are frustrated with the outcome but the evidence is there. Me and another mod spent almost two hours of our time looking over it and analyzing it and we've come to the conclusion that you have indeed xrayed, and used a hacked client. Therefore your ban will not be lifted, and I will be locking this thread after this because there is no point in us going back and forth with each other. The evidence you ask for has been presented, you have been found guilty.

Good luck on your next server.

Sincerely,
    Koree

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.