banned for "xray"

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by ThinktacosJr, Nov 8, 2019.

1. ThinktacosJr

ThinktacosJr New Member

i just got banned about 5 minutes ago for apparently xraying.
    I wasn't. I was in one of me and my friend's mines. I was strip mining, and came across lapis and diamonds.
    As soon as I mined 2 diamond ores I get a pm from a staff saying "Xray isn't allowed here bud" and get banned.
    I'm outrageously frustrated because I wasn't xraying. I was playing with my friend and I was only strip mining.

2. Koree

Koree Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hi, please use the correct ban appeal format : )
    Thanks

In-game name:
    Ban date:
    Ban reason (if known):
    Moderator who banned (if known):
    Comments/explanation:

3. Malpatch

Malpatch Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hi Thinktacosjr,

I am the moderator that banned you. As Koree said, please use the correct ban appeal format for any appeals in the future.

Attached below are screenshots of what led me to the decision on banning you.
    While the first two diamond veins can be considered as hits from typical strip mining, the rest don't follow any commonly used strip mine patterns. Too many instances where you would conveniently mine into a direction and change elevations that would lead you to diamonds.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here you've mined into a random stone wall that had no ores or any indication that diamonds were there.
    [​IMG]
    Here there were quite a few other ores that were attached to the diamonds. It could be argued that you simply mined every variety of ores that were connected but there were still instances where there were stone blocks that separated them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As such, the 7 day temporary ban will stay and you may rejoin the server after the time has been served. Please remove any mods or x-ray texture packs before you do so and make sure you're familiar with our rules here.