Best Trap House on red comp

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Murph, May 28, 2019.

1. Murph

Murph Redmin Staff Member Admin

Recently I've noticed the increase in trap houses on red and I'm not going to lie, I love them. The idea that you can make something look so innocent and yet cause so much havoc with it is amazing and as such, I would like to invite you guys to design some of your best work. To really show it off. I will be judging off of:

1. Damage The damage it does either to the player or the landscape around it
    2. Appeal Does it look inviting or like a ruin?
    3. Complexity Is simplicity always best? Only time will tell

There will be three prizes and I will be judging on the 24/6. Prizes will be handed out on red.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Murph

we will be testing them please make sure they are intact

3. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot

4. somebodysaid

somebodysaid Moderator Moderator

Ooo pure evil is coming

5. Z'alih

Z'alih New Member

I guest I should finish up my dungeon ruins then lol

6. R0B1N0

R0B1N0 Moderator Moderator

Can i be the test dummy?

7. Skullbane

Skullbane New Member

what are the prizes?

8. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot

Death!

9. Sodiumz

Sodiumz New Member

I made a trap house on the pre-reset server. It was more of a prank for a friend but it basically dropped you in a whole and pushed you into a nether portal, that was sealed...

nether portal traps were evil lol (literally no escape unless you kill yourself by starving or got staff to tp you out, chat also gets disabed)

10. Wille

Wille New Member

I would like to bring forth my fishing boat at -1245 and -4306 .

The fishing boat has lore on the boat that coincides with a wall of info about it in my shop at /shop smiddler. so id like the map/signs in my shop about the boat to be considered roughly a part of the trap in the competition.

The fishing boat has containers set to public and has a chest on it's deck in front of the door and has noob loot in it. if players do not obey the fisherman's request and fall prey to greed to get the fisherman's catch inside the cabin of the boat, they instantly fall to their deaths. I made it with multiple pistons so that even if you jump or move you still get pushed into the hole. if you have a speed compass and know what you're doing it may be possible to get to the other side inside the cabin to find a sign that says "hook line and sink her". the trigger for the trap is a super hidden tripwire. the door is not openable from the inside so once you are in the cabin you must die or tp out. also there is a visible bed in the cabin, if people are running from phantoms , when you get out of bed you tp ontop of the tripwire hook and die. To further trick players, a ladder that looks like it goes down further but really stops immediately on a black wool block is placed in view from the door, if one moves towards it, or even gets to the ladder, the block above the ladder will still push you into the hole instantly.

at the bottom of the hole there is a total item collection system(that is not accessible except by myself). you fall near bedrock ontop of another tripwire hook which moves a piston to suffocate players that are heavily armoured (you still die with full dia just from the fall btw unless heavily enchanted).

IN THE FUTURE when the server updates, the bottom of the trap will have a campfire added in addition to the suffocation device (since campfires transmit all items ontop of them into hoppers below and dont destroy some items like magma or cactus, yes magma and cactus does still kill some items even when glitched into a hopper minecart, i used to use them in the trap but had to remove due to complaints of deleted rares). ALSO I have already made space and put a hayblock with the intention of making a smoke signal coming from the top of the boat for further aesthetics when the update comes.

My boat trap has had tons of traffic over it's life and has made tons of salty people freak out, but it has also gotten me much praise. Chilli_Bandit Majorly got mad and griefed the whole boat plot TWICE with 3 layers of 2x2 spruce trees and sand and other random blocks. I have removed both griefings within one day each time.

the video attached is OLD and outdated. do not use this video to rate my trap but it is a taste to get you interested to go see how it is currently the new version is harder to jump across in the cabin and the cactus was removed.

11. Murph

ah yes i do like that one ngl

12. Ali <3

Ali <3 Moderator Moderator

Hey,
    I have a trap house/castle at x: 35343 y: 63 z: 49558.
    With assistance from R0B1N00B we created a castle that will kill you with multiple different ways. Some traps are for dying some for stealing the air from your lungs. I won't be here when you are judging them so you can take the claim off when you're judging it.
    Can't wait to kill you. xx
    ~ Ali <3

13. Nooby_Skrublord

Nooby_Skrublord New Member

I don't play on red (and am also permabanned) but I do have an idea for a trap that relies on redstone ore. Basically you cover the redstone ore (and surrounding floor) with carpet, and wire it up so that when the ore is stepped on, observers activate and trigger pistons that remove the floor. The wiring of the trap *should* be pretty simple, and the killing part of the trap would be pretty standard.

14. Woody2Minecraft

Woody2Minecraft Active Member

*cough sethblingmadethatherelookit'skindofcool* * cough*.

15. Nooby_Skrublord

Nooby_Skrublord New Member

SHHHHHHH no one needs to know