Big iron farms are broken

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by craftlantic, Jan 21, 2019.

1. craftlantic

craftlantic New Member

So let’s talk about the saddest story of my life (in minecraft at least)

Let's talk about iron farms. So I made a iron farm that is supposed to generate about 2600 iron in one hour. The problem is it doesn’t…. I tried every trick in the book but nothing worked. So I started to google stuff. Like every sad person would do.

After a while I found a video that might explain the problem. It might be in the coding of the server itself.

I do not know if this can or can not be changed, I hope it does. Because I don’t know if I can be even more sad than this.

So please, @applebranch or anyone who can fix this, help out a fellow Applecrafter in need.

Best regards,

Craftlantic

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Drunk

Drunk Head Drunk Admin

Those kind of farms haven't worked on the server since I've been on here (2 and 1/2 years now) and I don't think there will be a change to the server to fix that. When it comes down to making a change to allow something like that to be on our server it is something that could make the server lag a lot more worse than it does now mainly due to the redstone, entitles being made and so on. I hate to tell you this bad news and I'm sorry you lost a lot of time trying to make one of these kind of farms for it not to work here.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. craftlantic

craftlantic New Member

Alright, Not a problem. Less lag is a priority. Is there any way that the iron farm can be removed? Or do I need to do this myself? @Drunk

4. Jiro

Jiro Member

Why not just put the villager on water? He mentions in the video that villagers that are in water will still be activated at the same tick speed.

I don't know what iron farm design you are using, but unless it's one that is very big horizontally (so it goes outside the server render distance) water should fix the problem.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. craftlantic

craftlantic New Member

The problem isn't that the farm isn't working efficiently enough. It just doesn't work at all. The farm that I made is the same as the one in the video. But the villages won't go together in the same spot. So when I activate the iron farm it produces the amount of iron that one village does.

6. Jiro

Jiro Member

Did you try the fix the video mentions? If it still doesn't fix it, that might be a problem of another plugin of the server. I was scared to have issues like that and that's why I made my iron farm with villages 64 blocks from each other, but I guess it's too late for you

7. craftlantic

craftlantic New Member

Yeah I'm working on a other one now. Same thing as you do, 64 blocks away from eachother. It's called the iron nucleus. Really works well!