Claimed Land Resolution for Long Term Absentees

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by StevieTitanium, Feb 14, 2020.

1. StevieTitanium

StevieTitanium New Member

I'm sure many of you have faced this issue, You are building a base and expanding and realise that land has been claimed and you have not been aware that it is there. (like a underground base/mob spawner), and when you get a /seen on the user they have been off the server for 9+ months.

To my understanding through asking questions in MC Chat the policy is, what's there is there... forever. While I appreciate the claim security it does lead to some situations where you may have a base in a area of claim graveyards.

My suggestion is to have a policy in place to deal with this type of situation.

Claims would remain there forever on the provision that a player logs in once in a while (like 6 /10 / 12 months). If you do not return in a certain period of time the claim title would be transferred to a Admin account with a "informational" name like ExpiredClaim.

If a player sees this when finding a claim in their area, they can contact an admin or fill in a "Request for Review Form". They can outline why they would like the claim reviewed and each claim can be assessed on a case by case basis (like "does the player claiming the land have a claim nearby?'" "How big is the nearby claim?" etc.)

If the admins deem it necessary they can have rares/valuables/resources stripped from the claim or even level everything from the lot leaving the land itself, as to not give advantage to the requesting player benefiting from the loot in the now unclaimed land.

If the claims player logs back in after the land has been made expired, the claim can either be restored automatically, or have the player request the land be reclaimed to their ownership.

I think this would resolve the situation of unclaiming land and having it griefed, and having a process to prevent Applecraft from being littered with a graveyard of player abandoned claims.

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 2
  2. DocPBush

DocPBush Member

I don't play blue or purple, but if I'm gonna ask anyway. Where would the valuables/rares etc be taken once they are removed from a claim, since if you're removing the claim then it's assumed that player isn't coming back to recollect their old rares. So where would they go?

3. StevieTitanium

StevieTitanium New Member

They would just be removed. This isn't intended to be a windfall for a person looking to remove the claim, it's it merely to free up the land. This would mostly prevent people hunting out old claims and hoarding rares.

4. DWoodhouse

DWoodhouse New Member

If it is claims for just ocean monuments or empty land I'd be for some kind of review.
    However, if it's builds like farms or buildings I'd be against removal for any reason. They're monuments to the dead, and when you start your own build, you should always make sure there's no existing claims within 100 blocks anyway

5. Z'alih

Z'alih New Member

I face that issue before, because of expansion on red, never got any problem asking for a mob to remove the claims that are small and 6+ month old. the 100 block is good and nice but then you've expanded your initial claim 1000 block in both direction those small claim are annoying