Clear up some Questions:

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by DerpyCactoose, Feb 13, 2019 at 7:25 AM.

1. DerpyCactoose

DerpyCactoose New Member

DerpyCactoose
    2/10/2018
    Reason for Ban: X Ray
    Staff: ShadowDelux
    So I have recently been banned 7 days for using X-Ray, and I own up to that, no excuses. I will wait out my ban days like anyone else but I really want to ask some questions just in case I make the same mistake. The rule said no mods that allow unfair advantages, so does that mean texture packs too? Cause I didn't use x-ray mod I used a texture pack which makes mining easier by making the ores brighter than the rest. Also what kind of mods are allowed? Things such as Minimap is fair game or no? Along with others such as crafting guide for people who are bad at crafting. Thanks to anyone who can reply

2. Sarpadian

Sarpadian Moderator Staff Member Moderator

this does include texture packs as well as any other mods that allow you to gather more information than any other play or play better than any other player, hacked clients and texture packs are probably the biggest offenders of the lot as well as using in game exploits to gain any advvantage

3. Gab

Gab New Member

Minimaps are allowed. I see many players using them.

4. Tamsin

Tamsin Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minimaps that do not show ore or cave locations are allowed, yes. Regular texture packs that work for aesthetic purposes, are allowed.
    Any texture packs that change the appearance of ores to make them easier to find, make solid blocks see through in order to help find ores, change lava textures to water in order to see ores under it, etc, are not allowed. Exploiting visual glitches in the game itself in order to find caves and see the ores in them is not allowed. Hacked clients that allow flight, speed, jump, xray, etc hacks, are not allowed.
    Hope this helps,
    ~Tams

5. DerpyCactoose

DerpyCactoose New Member

Alrighty thanks :D See yall in a few days :/ Promise won't do anything unfair again