Computer Issues, Opinions Wanted.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maahtt, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Maahtt

Maahtt New Member

Well over the weekend I was away on a trip and I came back to find my Laptop has fried itself, after 7 years of doing what it needs to do. Now in terms of specs for PC’s, that’s a little out of my element so I’m not sure what to look for or what to get in terms of building a PC. Now, I am looking for opinions on what’s Better and what others recommend. Should I take the time and build a PC, or would one from Staples, etc be good enough.

I know they’re pretty general questions and there’s no real answer, because in the end it’s all preference, just wanted to know peoples opinions on what’s better, and what to look for in terms of pre-build PC’s or parts to build.

On a side note, if I can’t fix my laptop temporarily I may be on a slight hiatus from the server as I was in a pretty severe car accident this last Thursday and most of money is going to car repairs, but I’m hoping within the next couple of weeks I can get a new PC. Thanks everyone!

2. SJ_

SJ_ Member

3. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot

It's cheaper and generally better quality if you build it yourself but if you don't know what you're doing or don't follow a guide perfectly it can be pretty easy to just fuck it up and waste a bunch of money.
    As for specs, right now AMD takes the cake for CPU performance and NVIDIA for graphics cards. If a 7 year old laptop was doing ok I wouldn't suggest anything over $1000 Aussie dollars which is like $700-$800 freedom dollars?
    Yep

4. Maahtt

Maahtt New Member

I have a general knowledge when it comes to parts and building PC’s, so if I followed a basic tutorial I think I could manage, and yeah, from what I’ve looked at decent budget PC’s are around $600-$800 Canadian, which is all I’m looking to spent as I don’t need anything to crazy in terms of specs. Might have to look into parts and what works with what. Thanks!

5. Maahtt

Maahtt New Member

6. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot

7. peeta22

peeta22 New Member

I was in a similar situation with my pc, I decided to buy a premade pc for gaming, nothing crazy from Best Buy (CyperpowerPC) but it has plenty of room for adding RAM or hard drive space as well as I can always upgrade parts if I choose to! The build itself is out of date and no longer in stores new but it was in the $500-900 range I believe.