Crate Keys every 30-40 votes.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheNickWylde, Feb 4, 2019.

?

Do you want to get a crate key every 30-40 votes?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. TheNickWylde

TheNickWylde New Member

If you were like me and didn't get one single crate key for the b-day crate and saw every one else getting one and were pissed off about it then please cast your vote here. And also it doesn't have to be every 30 votes I will leave that up to apple, I am just asking for everyone to for sure get a key every month.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  2. Durzek

Durzek New Member

You can vote once on each of 3 vote sites, for a grand total of 3 per day.
    3 * 30 days in the month = 90 votes.
    1 key per 30 votes = 3 keys a month.

While the Birthday Crate keys were harder to obtain than the other crates, the drop-rate thus far for Valentine's keys have been about as "plentiful" as Aqua.
    Advent was its own special holiday & crate all rolled into one and should not be taken as an example of how the crates will "always" operate in the future.

The birthday crate included some fairly game-breaking items; would you want 300 Bedrock Picks going around tearing up the voids? Should every single player be running around with 3 speed compasses, too fast to even see let alone smack with your new fancy knockback fish?
    It's definitely frustrating but so far all I've seen is y'all asking for 1 key every 30 votes. That's how it works already, so....?

Look forward to about 3 keys this month, maybe more if RNG favours you. Good luck!

(pro tip: ask if voting is up before you do or try just one vote to minimize vote losses and maximize key potential)

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. TheNickWylde

TheNickWylde New Member

No you get crate key randomly now which sucks, and not to mention all the people i know and see getting multiple keys are titans. Also sometimes voting doesn't work.

4. DoggoDoge123

DoggoDoge123 New Member

Personally, I like the randomization of keys. Although it may not be fair,( for example, your case) it can really help out people that just started Applecraft or for people who need diamond blocks. If the keys went back to 1 every 30 votes, I could see someone missing two days and saying: "Welp, I just missed two days, I dont see a point of voting for the next eight days now." Now personally I know this isnt everyone, but not getting a key just because you missed a day or two really sucks, versus the keys being random.

5. TheNickWylde

TheNickWylde New Member

Well I just want apple to make it so everyone can get atleast one in addition to the randomness

6. Cherik66

Cherik66 Member

Its every 10 days you vote. You still need to accumulate the 30 votes to get the key.

7. DoggoDoge123

DoggoDoge123 New Member

I know, but I mean if you got 2 keys, and if you forgot to vote for 2 days, you wont get a third key

8. DoggoDoge123

DoggoDoge123 New Member

If its the end of the month, lets say the 22nd, i feel some people wouldnt vote cuz they'd know they wont get a key because most months end on the 30/31st

9. Cherik66

Cherik66 Member

Keys arnt the only reason to vote. A few extra levels could mean the difference of mining forever and getting on to your next project. A few diamonds could get you that rare you have been eyeing in you buddy's shop. Even those first of the month 1000 claim blocks could stop a possible raid or save that spawner from someone else nabbing it.

If someone doesn't vote because they wont get another key, I say they have bigger issues than they realize.

10. Kogozu

Kogozu New Member

You would literally ruin the economy on rares. Stop crying.

11. Lethal5253

Lethal5253 New Member

I know where TheNickWylde is coming from cuz I voted every day for January 3 times a day and never got a single key. I still haven't gotten a key this month either so I'd say that it would be fair for everyone to get a guaranteed key every so many votes. 1 guaranteed key at least every month is all I'm asking.

12. derpywafflegamer

derpywafflegamer Member

Yeah, the luck system is fun to have around, and it'd get boring knowing already that you wont be getting a crate key that day because it is every 10 days. I'd rather vote with excitement of possibly getting the key every day and not get the key, rather than knowing when I get the key and voting without excitement.

In addition, the rares are kind of fun, but even if you don't get the keys, there are multiple other ways to obtain this rare key. If you really are desperate, you can buy the key from the applecraft store. Now if you are like me, and are too young or too broke to afford this key, you can also manage to buy the key with diamond blocks, and diamond blocks aren't that hard to obtain if you know what your doing. But that is a whole different topic.

Overall, from me, this is a no because it ruins the factor of surprise, and because there are other ways to obtain this holey key.

Just my two cents

~Waffles :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. CommanderOtto

CommanderOtto Active Member

question for mods.... Do Titans and Immortals get better chances of getting the keys?

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheNickWylde

TheNickWylde New Member

According to the mods no.

15. derpywafflegamer

derpywafflegamer Member

Yeah, sorry i'm late, ranks does not mean that you have a higher chance of getting crate keys.

16. Jiro

Jiro Member

Is this really a thing? Back when the halloween crate was a thing, I remember voting for the whole month and not getting a single key.

17. Cherik66

Cherik66 Member

Yup. But I think the Halloween crate was random. The epic crate was 30 votes. And other crates have also been this way. But like the Birthday crate, some have been randomized.