Factions/Skyblock

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joeisthegolden1, Mar 7, 2019.

1. joeisthegolden1

joeisthegolden1 New Member

I've talked to quite a few people and everyone agrees having a factions server would be fun. There could be rival factions and giant castles for bases. That would be awesome. Also, skyblock could be a nice cooperative place to have fun. I've made factions on old servers I used to work on, so if you guys don't want to do it because you don't know how, I'd gladly do it for you.

2. TheAncapGent

TheAncapGent Active Member

Both have been turned down in the past, so don't count on it. Skyblock because there's a ton of that kind of servers around, and Apple if I remember correctly, doesn't want AC to be one out of a million.
    When it comes to factions, shouldn't Wilderness be almost identical to the faction experience? There's nothing that hinders you to coop with a few friends and taking on other players, as far as I know that is.

3. TheNickWylde

TheNickWylde Member

If you want you can build your own skyblock.

• Like Like x 1
  4. joeisthegolden1

I know, not really skyblock as much as factions, a mod suggested a put skyblock on here too. Most of us players like to pvp and factions would be fun for teamwork and giant fights. Just imagine.

5. joeisthegolden1

No it’s not the same experience without a team and a team base, I know you can trust but it’s not the same.

6. TheAncapGent

TheAncapGent Active Member

If you're a team, you build a base together and then start raiding others together, how is that different?

7. Durzek

Durzek Moderator Moderator

Factions is wildly different from Wildy. I've not played one myself, only watched videos, so forgive the "outsider" overview. I'm not that hardcore about my gaming, but it is fun to watch. :p As far as I understand it:

- You team up and build a base together, yes, but often not a "pretty" base by any means and normally surrounded by layers and layers of obsidian, to prevent /raids, which can't happen if there's no team member in the base to raid. (Unlike Wilderness, where you can raid any time, anywhere, no claims at all)
    - Team members can't HIT each other at all, even if they're in the wild looking for bases/mining/etc.
    ^ those two points, not hitting your teams members even outside of a 'claim', and the supercrazy fortress building & raiding, seem to primarily be what people are looking for when they ask if we have a "factions" server.

There seems to be some confusion over what Wilderness is supposed to be as well. Someone says it's designed to be the Vanilla server, that "PVP and raiding happens, but is not the goal." Someone else says Wilderness is the Anarchy server, where almost anything goes and people die to PVP constantly.

While it's impossible to please everyone, Wilderness seems to be in the cross-fire between two groups of people: Those wanting a more vanilla, rare-free environment, and those wanting hardcore PVP with people willing to PVP and not lose said rares*
    (*except maybe on Blue, with KeepInventory; no one on Red really wants to gear up and go at it for the lack of honour of some people returning items)

Even if we don't go with true "factions," perhaps a cutt-throat hardcore PVP-oriented world would benefit us.

As for the paraphrased statement of "We don't want these things, everyone else has these things, the server would be one in a million," unfortunately that's how Minecraft servers are, lol. It's less about the gameplay on the servers and more about the rules of it and the community in it. At the end of the day, you're still playing Minecraft in one of three main ways: Vanilla, Modded, or superfancy hubs and minigames and all that jazz with like 50 world options (too much!)
    It's also poor logic to assume "Well everyone has a Parkour area in their server. So we're not going to have parkour - at all! Ever!" While I understand not wanting to be same-y as much as possible, you can ALWAYS do something to make the thing everyone else has BETTER than theirs!
    Make a tri-athalon parkour, where you have to boat through part of the course then hop on a horse for another! Where have you ever seen that? o:

We're open to more world ideas, according to a post on another thread. The way to cut lag in the main worlds is to create new ones and level out the playerbase between them.
    Try not to shoot down each others ideas - or be constructive when you do. WHY would it not work? What would? We have some great minds in this community; start usin' 'em!

Also that was me that said Skyblock. :v Another style I've never played but watch sometimes, thought it'd be fun to learn with AC's community. Perhaps brainstorm something skyblock-esque but unique to AC for us since I don't know all the rules about 'em~

8. joeisthegolden1

Yeah seems like you got it right, I've played factions and its fun. It adds another sort of political aspect as well because you can make alliances with other facs.

9. TheNickWylde

TheNickWylde Member

Never gonna happen though

• Potato Potato x 1
  10. joeisthegolden1

Lets see if more staff respond

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Meoweon

Meoweon New Member

I just wish Apple would stop stating Wilderness as "100% Vanilla". 100% has no /spawn commands or /homes. If you had to go somewhere you'd had to use the nether. Old school style :cool:

12. TheNickWylde

TheNickWylde Member

Well the world is pretty big