Give me free stuff

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cow_King94, Nov 3, 2018.

?

Do you want a separate /trade channel?

1. Yes.

87.5%
  2. No.

12.5%
  3. I am not interested.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cow_King94

Cow_King94 Member

Rule #9 states "When asked by a staff member to end a conversation, end it."
    I think this rule needs to be modified. The way it is currently gives staff the power to end convos of players simply just because they dislike the convo, or even for no reason at all. This means the people of Applecraft basically have no freedom of speech at all. About 2 months or so ago I was having a discussion about
    rule 9 in chat and was forced, by SilverSasak3, to end the conversation. The conversation was not toxic or over-dramatic. Despite this, I still agreed to end the conversation. SilverSasak3 still muted me anyway. This is why I suggest we make some changes to the rule, I understand that sometimes the rule is used by staff for good reasons, but it has also many times been used by certain staff for unjustified reasons. "If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." -George Washington

2. applebranch

applebranch Owner Staff Member Owner

If this happens again, come to the forums or discord straight away and explain what the discussion was about and why you think it was unfair to make it stop - that way we can have me, the admins, and the mods have a look at it and we can all have a chat about whether we agree with the ruling or not.

It's difficult as this was a few months ago to determine what exactly happened in chat, and why Silver asked you to stop talking. However, is there a reason you didn't want to just post your discussion about Rule 9 on the forums? Sometimes we ask people to stop arguing/discussing so that other players can trade and play peacefully without arguments in chat.

3. Cow_King94

Cow_King94 Member

I did not have access to forums at the time, and you were on vacation. Also the main point of this post is not what SilverSasak3 did.

4. Populqr obviously

Populqr obviously New Member

Good afternoon.

• Potato Potato x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. SirKlingan

SirKlingan New Member

I made a post a while ago about this issue before and id like to bring it up again. This time it will be a lot shorter because I was passionate about the future of the server back then but after seeing the responses to my post I stopped playing for quite some time.

Make PVP enabled in claimed areas. (if you don't like PVP either play on the blue server or just build a safer base? doors? walls? it's not rocket science)

What will PVP in claimed areas add?

1. The excitement of not knowing if you are going to be attacked or not while being around other players
    2. Risking all your stuff on you, while also having a chance at getting all of the enemy players items
    3. The option to and PVP them even if they are standing in their claimed area
    4. Reason to actually search the wilderness in hopes to find players and interactions

There is no point of playing after the end game. When I join a server I like to build, get the best enchants on my gear and get ready for PVP. Picking and choosing my battles carefully while hoarding on as many items as I can. But when you achieve a lot of PVP gear on the server you suddenly realise there is no pvp and there is no point in continuing playing. You beat the game essentially. I love building dont get me wrong but I need more than building to keep my interest

If this doesn't get adjusted I encourage the server owner to take away PVP at all on the server. Since its pretty much none existent.

Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 1
  6. applebranch

Okay, here is my only beef with allowing PVP in claims:

I've seen situations on the server where players have been able to glitch/hack through solid walls into rooms that shouldn't be accessible (this has also happened at spawn). If a player is AFK in an enclosed room in their base and someone hacks/glitches to enter the room and gets killed, that is going to be a massive headache for the staff to deal with.

Obviously we could just look at upgrading our anti-cheat plugins to try to fix this, but it would still be an issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. SirKlingan

SirKlingan New Member

Fair enough. Hacking is one thing that sucks whether your AFK or not, glitching through solid walls is something I've never come across on a vanilla server, just like modded with animals and stuff.
    (I obviously take your word for it and don't doubt what you've seen)

So do you think the risk is worse than making PVP available inside claims?
    Or rather the potential work that would follow the change.

Personally, I feel like the people who would not like this change is the same people who want the RED server to be like the Blue in which case I think their needs to be a difference because why would you otherwise split the player base?

If you are going to make the change a "yes" or "no" answer would be really appreciated!

8. Commanderblood

Commanderblood Member

Can a town somehow buy or obtain extra warp areas to warp from one point of thier city to another?

9. DKKitty

DKKitty Meowderator Staff Member Moderator

10. Commanderblood

Commanderblood Member

Good idea to ponder anyways

• Like Like x 1
  11. DKKitty

DKKitty Meowderator Staff Member Moderator

would be extremely useful for larger towns too!

12. PartumCreed

PartumCreed Guest

I've seen it myself & did it myself on some servers, it's a really simple hack if you have the client for it.

Well, she did kind of answer. Let me sum it up for you... If they can manage to prevent such hacks, pvp will be enabled in claims unless other issues occur that need fixing.

Now of course, no server owner can prevent that hack, meaning Mojang has to do it. They can prevent it, they did it in the past but the people who make hacked clients update them & go around what Mojang had prevented. So no, pvp will most likely not be enabled in claims.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Batarian

Batarian Moderator Moderator

So, let's face facts. The Titan rank prefix is not generally well received; I don't know anybody who doesn't think so, although I'm sure somebody does like it. However, the general consensus is that it's a very unattractive color combination for the highest paid rank. I, among other players agreed that it's a good, sound idea to suggest a change to the Titan prefix.

The suggestion is this: Titans have the choice of keeping the default colors, or having custom colors, all while keeping the "TITAN" prefix. Now, some limits could be applied to this, such as no bold letter, no combinations close to Apple's prefix format, etc. This is a very reasonable suggestion; for a rank that costs as much as Titan does, it would be nice to have some flexibility, and this would be another perk to add to the current Titan perks, and further compel people to purchase the Titan rank.

Or, another suggestion: instead of custom colors, Titan's prefixes gets a much needed makeover in the color scheme. I understand custom titan colors, even with limits could become a headache and an eyesore, however; gold and yellow are both great colors for a rank, but they do not go together very well.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. albasant

albasant Member

Yeah i agree, for a rank as expensive as titan it really only gives the flags when compared to a much cheaper rank like elite, which still offers the key commands of /hdb. Great incentive to get the rank, games like fortnite prove people pay lots of $ for customozation.

• Like Like x 2
  15. WhiteGlue

WhiteGlue Active Member

I paid $150 not to look at eye-burning reds and oranges, I'd at least want a custom colour for my tag!

Or a custom tag. Give it to titans and/or vets.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cow_King94

Cow_King94 Member

Its been almost a month and barely any response to this thread...

17. Batarian

Batarian Moderator Moderator

Nobody cares.

18. Sarpadian

Sarpadian Poultryman Staff Member Moderator

So I've been vocal about this before in general chat during my frequent time on Red, and that is the issue that i believe that nothing about red is honestly unique in my opinion, especially since blue is also on 1.13.2 now, its just harder blue. i think that red need a few of its own things that make it unique and rewards for playing with the styles that make it differ from blue.

The first of that being our ranks, now i get that free ranks are free and they're very simple, however the paid ranks could use an update in my opinion, I've seen quite a few exciting things on it only to be told "thats only on blue" and that bothers me quite a bit, i understand the reasons why things like per claim flag editing isn't allowed on red and so on, but in exchange the ranks should have addons/changes that directly affect players on red as well. as well as a quality of life update to the store pages dictating what ranks effects take place on what server. i know this post isn't professional, or necessarily well thought out, but its an idea i think could be expanded and built upon, making each server have unique and satisfying qualities for all the players.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matters specifically pertaining to this and its outcomes if we do or do not follow though with it, which is, of course, completely up to what the higher ups think

-Sarpa

19. applebranch

@Cow_King94
    Are you surprised that no one responded to a post you made a month ago...? We don't normally dig through old posts.

If you have any new issues with mods on the server, please make a new thread with the issue. That's why I said "If this happens again..."

20. Cherik66

Cherik66 Member

I read this thread when it popped up a month ago, my eyes rolled so hard. As a person with previous mod/admin experience, I think it is sad that Apple had to write the rule down to begin with. This means some player pushed her and the rest of the staff to the point where it had to be visible and not a unspoken rule. This rule is in place to squash disruptive chatter. By your own words you admit you were questioning the validity of a rule in chat which is in itself disruptive chatter. It has no place in global chat.

You forget one thing, this server isnt a democracy. It's an Apple-tatorship. What she says goes. We live in her world(s) with her permission. We violate her authority or those she has chosen to act on her behalf, then we risk having that permission curbed, or even removed.

Not only that.... you whine that whine because your crusade to tie the hands of staff failed when no one joined in on your side. Guess that means the rule is just dandy as is and nothing else needs to be said.

Toodles.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.