Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Elf, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Elf

Elf New Member

Daddy

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. HaiCopper

HaiCopper New Member

Very informative, I feel I really got to understand you as a human being from this post!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ___Magpie___

___Magpie___ New Member

ello? xD

4. Jelly

Jelly New Member

when she said daddy, I really felt it. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Coastal

Coastal New Member

In this passage, the author Elf tries to convey their hidden feelings of sadness to the audience. In the quote 'Daddy' we can see that they use the term 'Daddy' instead of another term such as father or dad. This has connotations of love and affection towards another person (whether it be their actual father or...). Alternatively, one could associate the term 'Daddy' with daddy issues, and considering Elf posted this on a forum, the reader can infer that they are trying to show that they might be having daddy issues as mentioned earlier. If we look at one of the replies, HaiCooper states 'Very informative.' This implies that this piece of information isn't simply Elf calling out for their father figure, but Elf is trying to tell their audience something. This further proves that Elf is trying to tell us that they have daddy issues, and daddy issues has connotations of sadness and a sense of loneliness which supports the topic sentence being that Elf is trying to convey their hidden feelings of sadness to the audience.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Minalot

Minalot New Member

Mommy

• Potato Potato x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Elf

Elf New Member

I do think whilst your analysis is in the most part very insightful, I would like to add also that the capitalized 'D' in 'Daddy' stands for the authors stand against capitalism in this country. The lack of coloured text shows the doubt and confusion of whether one is a daddy in a sexual way, or a fatherly way, just like when the authors daddy went to the store and never came back. The author is conveying their deep desires and feelings towards the audience and projecting their view towards the world and their view on an absence of fatherly figure.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1