How exactly did I scam LoveYuu?

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by NR_Does_Stuff_YT, Oct 11, 2019.

1. NR_Does_Stuff_YT

NR_Does_Stuff_YT New Member

Alright what happened was that after the spawn island scavenger hunt, LoveYuu was trying to sell Eeyore in an auction at global chat. At first, I offered her 26db for it, then i offered her a protect X command block for Eeyore as well. She declined both offers and said that another player won the auction. At one point i was at her claim and we talked for a bit, and then I tp'd back to my home and said I accidently tp'd away, but I sent a /tpahere request instead of a /tpa. She then fell into my trap and died. She dropped the eeyore as well when that happned. After what went down i gave her the items she lost in my trap except for the eeyore which I decided to keep at the time. A few moments later I got jailed for scamming LoveYuu and i got the Eeyore taken away. I dont know how this counts as a scam as she said before that another player won the auction and i assumed that she was already planning on selling it to that person and she had no intention to selling it to me. Did I do something scummy? Yes. But did it count as scamming tho because we never agreed on a trade and no deal was made. I think the mod Sarpadian was the one who jailed me.

• Potato Potato x 6
  2. Arcolithe

Arcolithe New Member

I think this is a perfect definition or example of "How I scammed."
    Thank you for the example given, E.G. in your textbooks.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  3. NR_Does_Stuff_YT

But she never agreed to trade with me tho. She wanted to trade with someone else. So it technichaly wasnt a scam

4. DocPBush

DocPBush Member

Surely it would just be easier to return the eyeore?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. nija1000

nija1000 New Member

I'm assuming this is on Red? but anyway the rules state

"No trade/TP scams, when a player (or player in conjunction with an accomplice) misleads, lies, or does not deliver on a deal with another player for goods or services in game.

a) Scamming does NOT include TP killing if no trade was involved. Be careful of whom you TP to!

b) A player saying “you can have this end city for 2DB” and either party kills the other without the transaction/after the transaction occurring is a scam.

c) A player saying “come look at my base” and then tp kills is not a scam."

Since a trade was involved and that

"After what went down i gave her the items she lost in my trap except for the eeyore which I decided to keep at the time."

You decided to keep the item involved in the failed trade as seen in section A of the trading rules it would seem a bit suspect even if you did not mean to, and the /tpahere was an accident. I would side with the staff that jailed you in this case.

6. NR_Does_Stuff_YT

Yeah but here is the thing. Although I did offer her some items, she declined both times, so she never exactly agreed to a trade. I was just offering her items in exchange for eeyore.

7. Addeve

Addeve Active Member Staff Member Admin

Aloha,

It's simply just what you called a "scummy" move is actually against the rules; not just a bad move. Perhaps scamming wasn't the correct term, I would've called it tp killing based on how you described the situation, perhaps the other player explained it differently and that's why it was put as a scam. Either way, the jail is justified.

~Addeve

8. NR_Does_Stuff_YT

But this happned on red where TP killing was allowed...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot

This just sounds like TP killing, and since they weren't involved in any trade with the player that died how on earth is this scamming? The player that accepted the TP is at fault unless there are chat logs of something else going down, right?

I mean yes, it was scummy but it was not blue, or purple. It's an scummy move but tp killing in red is allowed sooooooooooo...

• Like Like x 2
  10. nija1000

nija1000 New Member

As I said before the reason you got jailed is most likely due to the fact the item in question that you kept was involved in a failed trade between you two

"a) Scamming does NOT include TP killing if no trade was involved. Be careful of whom you TP to!"

Emphasis of the IF NO TRADE WAS INVOLVED
    Since there was a trade involved it could be taken as breaking the rules.

11. NR_Does_Stuff_YT

But there wasnt a trade involved. As I said before, I offered to trade with LoveYuu two times, but she declined both times, and even said that it was being sold to someone else. So I dont see how that counts as a trade as she never wanted to trade with me!

12. nija1000

nija1000 New Member

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. NR_Does_Stuff_YT

Can any mods like pull up logs for that day and give me their opinions on what happned?

14. Sow_God

Sow_God Member

Yea, this does not sound like a trade scam to me, no trade was ever agreed upon.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Becky

Becky Member

this is not relevant at all but i love how addeve signs his name ~addeve even though we know its him i like that

16. Sow_God

Sow_God Member

That’s like saying it’s funny how someone sings their name on an email even tho the person receiving it knows who it’s from.

• Dislike Dislike x 1