I believe I can fly (except I can't and that's the problem)

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by TheSarchasm, Jan 14, 2019 at 3:38 AM.

1. TheSarchasm

TheSarchasm New Member

Hey ho!
    So a few moments ago, I died. It was tragic. Particularly because I had some wicked cool (alright not that cool) items on me. I puttered around trying to find me stuff for a minute and then thought "Ah ha! I have a fly token!" so I used it to enable myself to soar majestically...except it didn't work. I got the notice in chat telling me I had been enabled to fly, but neither of the provided commands (efly, or fly) actually enabled me to do the flying. Instead I was just told I'm not allowed to do that. Le sad.

My wicked cool items has since despawned, and my bed time is drawing near. I have no idea how long it might take to fix the above mentioned issue. I tried relogging, restarting minecraft entirely, jumping erratically in the air, jumping off the top of my house and trying to simply miss the ground (didn't work, died again), typing the commands in ALL CAPS, typing the commands in no caps, typing other fly related commands, and I have remained fervently land locked.

I'm hoping that given the circumstances, I can simply have the fly token back and chalk it up to a server hiccup. Having fly enabled at this point would be a waste, as I was only doing it to search for stuff that has vanished, and I'd much rather be able to make proper use of it. I plan to be asleep shortly and I have a full work day...it would be just the worst to basically lose an entire day of flying AND my wicked cool stuff.

Pretty please?
    Thanks,
    TheSarchasm

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. TheSarchasm

TheSarchasm New Member

I've just been informed that the fly token is broken on red. So I no longer take this personally. I'll hold on to my dreams of flight for another day.

EDIT- Well, Im_drunk was able to fix the permission so that I can fly now, but I'm told that I can't have the item refunded? That seems...very unfortunate. The item didn't work when I actually wanted to use it, the items I was hoping to rescue have despawned, and I'll now get virtually no use out of the item at all because I have to sleep and work like some kind of lame adult.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 5:00 AM
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. TheSarchasm

TheSarchasm New Member

FFFFF! Alright. 24 hours does mean 24 hours, right? Because I didn't get access to the Fly command until about 8:30 last night my time, and now it's not even 7:00 and I've been told that I do not have access to the command. So was I being "charged" as it were for the time during which my token didn't work?