Library Crate compatibility list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Be9ine, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Be9ine

Be9ine Member

I've tried a few books here and there with mixed results. Thought maybe a comprehensive list could help folks make decisions on where/when/what to apply their newly acquired books. Please feel free to add your own experiences and/or limitations with the new crate books! Here's what I've discovered so far:

Quick Charge IV Book: no matter what I try to apply this to, unbreakable crossbow or crossbow without any enchants whatsoever, both named crossbows I tried this enchant book on only yields Quick Charge III.

Beheading Book: Successfully applied this book to my Unbreakable Sword that also has other vanilla enchants, and even Legend shop enchants.

Engraved Book: Successfully applied this book to the same sword as above.

Fire Protection V Book: I wasn't able to apply this book to any of my enchanted unbreakable armor pieces.

Results are pretty varied. I'd love to see some additions to this list :)

2. Be9ine

Be9ine Member

Couple of updates:

Amethyst333 report s that they have successfully applied Auto Smelt to their Silk Touch pickaxe. Apparently the ST properties still apply, but iron and gold ores smelt automatically.

Slow Falling 3: I successfully applied this to a renamed feather and it works great. I found it annoying to always have the slow fall ability enabled, hence I applied it to the feather. It works great!

Highlight Players: Applied to my unbreakable chest armor, works great.

Smite VI: Successfully applied to my unbreakable sword.

Flame Particles: Successfully applied to my unbreakable helmet. Furthermore, while holding both Lava particles enchant book, and Smoke particles enchant book, all three enchants worked simultaneously, so it appears that the particle enchant books will stack.

Update to Quick Charge IV Book: Switched out non-working book with Admin and successfully applied replacement book to unbreakable crossbow.

It appears that all books are working correctly now, though it has come to my attention that there will be a nerfing coming soon. Not sure exactly what that will entail, but I believe it has to do with limiting the amount of books that can be applied to items. I guess some of the books weren't counting against the overall enchant limit for items.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. CD_Marauder

CD_Marauder Pokémon Master Staff Member Moderator

:O

4. SmootRot

SmootRot New Member

Placed thorns 4 book on unb leggings an it reduced to thorn3. @Tunny

5. Be9ine

Be9ine Member

There was an announcement on Discord stating that if you had Vanilla books like Thorns from the crate, they would need to be traded in with an admin for a book that says "Legend Shop". I did this with Multi Charge 4 and when I applied MC4, it applied correctly.

I personally added Thorns IV (Legend Shop version) to my unbreakable chest plate and it was successful.

Speed Effect II successfully added to unbreakable legs.

Dolphins Grace successfully added to unbreakable legs.

Double XP successfully applied to my unbreakable sword.

Poison Attack successfully applied to my unbreakable sword. Some folks suggested that this would make the sword useless against the undead as other types of poison heals undead. That is not the case with poison attack applied to a sword. The udead aren't poisoned by the sword, but the sword still hurts them the same as it would otherwise. Smite VI and Fire Aspect II, which are both applied to this same sword, still work fine.

I want to take the time to point out that all of my success have been with renamed items and books that say "Legend Shop", where applicable.

6. Be9ine

Be9ine Member

Auto Smelt: Successfully applied to Unbreakable Pickax.

Fire Resistance Effect I: Successfully applied to Unbreakable Chest.

Punch X: Successfully applied to Unbreakable Bow.

Satiety Effect: Successfully applied to Unbreakable Chest.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  7. Be9ine

Be9ine Member

Feather Falling V: Successfully applied to my Unbreakable boots.