Major Issue with "Unlimited Sethomes" and also a side complaint.

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by Wille, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Wille

Wille Member

This post is about 2 seperate issues. Both about sethomes.

The first issue is pretty major. I have purchased "unlimited sethomes" a long time ago. I use tons of sethomes both for my own operations and also for raiding and pvp/anti-pvp/antigriefing purposes. The issue is that unlimited sethomes is not unlimited. because i have many sethomes, I've noticed many of them randomly dissapearing. I assume as I make new ones a random old one dissapears to compensate. I've lost atleast 6 sethomes randomly that I know of but I'm sure I've lost close to 20 by now. 3 of my lost sethomes have been at my own claims and I've been having to ask mods to tp me to my own claims. I've also lost atleast one sethome in the nether that I will never get back.

I am by far not the only person who has noticed this problem. Warfcat also experiences it and 2 other players I've spoken to have also mentioned it.

I know Applebranch wouldn't knowingly enact false advertising at /buy so I assume this is a problem with the plugin. Could someone look into fixing it? it probably has a set limit at an amount considered high, maybe increase it by like alot? thanks.
    this issue is occuring on Red btw, not sure if its relevant on the other servers since they dont have pvp or raiding and less of a need for many sethomes.

The second issue has to do with policy and admin behaviour relating to sethomes.

Unrelated to the first issue, I've lost sethomes at specific player claims, and after bringing it up I was told by mods and maybe admin too I can't remember, that those players asked staff to remove all sethomes on their claims and the staff oblidged. I complained a bit and was told "to just make a sethome outside their claim". this is small brain. I will not be able to find those places again, and if a player expands their claim into the sethome then its lost again. and red is supposed to be about pvp. I understand remove sethomes as a consequence if someone claimkilled against the rules (in addition to other punishments) but this isnt what's happening.

On RED this is both unfair and not a BIG BRAIN financial decision for the server. The main draw for buying the TITAN rank is the No-Enter Flags. IF you don't want people using sethomes in your base then Buy Titan rank. noenter flags work extremely well. there is no good reason to remove people's sethomes like this. It make both buying Titan Rank and unlimited sethomes super less appealing to buy and for those who bought them for these purposes its very upsetting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. CD_Marauder

CD_Marauder Moderator Staff Member Moderator

No idea about the first issue, but as for the second issue, we do infact remove sethomes to bases if the people ask, in the case that the person asks someone to leave their base and they don't listen. Not sure if that's the case with you. Many people want privacy but do not have the money to afford Titan rank. If people want others to leave their claim, the other party is expected to oblige. The noenter flag is a perk for titans so they dont have to worry about getting into that situation in the first place. The unlimited sethomes are really meant for people who have many places they have express permission to be, or own themselves, such as different places in a large base or areas in a town they live in or are a mayor in. Yes, you can use them to set homes in other people's bases, but be aware that if a player doesnt want you there, we'll remove the sethomes, especially if you insist on coming back WHILE we're investigating (I'm not accusing you of doing any of that, just providing cases where we'll remove sethomes). As for in red, I don't play in red and my entire response above was from a blue perspective, but from what I understand from red rules, claims are meant to be a safe area, just like they are in blue. This is why raiding in claims is not allowed even in red. Therefore, it's handled much the same way.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wille

Wille Member

From a Blue perspective this makes sense. But not from a red perspective. Claims are safe in terms of raiding, and in terms of pvp unless the person leaves their claim and gets combat tagged. pvp is allowed on claims if the combat started outside of it. Nothing happened with me, I wasnt even logged in when my sethomes in someones base was removed. they blanket removed all the sethomes in that particular claim.

With the wilderness gone Red is the last leg of PVP on applecraft and it barely fills that category as it is. all Red has is tpkilling which only really works on new players and invis lure killing which becomes increasingly difficult especially with this kind of policy. When I joined the server on Red, the only reason I thought I might want titan one day was because of the noenter flags. and I bought unlimited sethomes just for the purpose of pvp and for waiting for claims to expire to raid(a popular passtime in red). "Many people want privacy but do not have the money to afford Titan rank." sounds like a nice thing to say on paper but the server has many pay-to-win functions and the usual response is "do an irl with db", I believe this applies here for red, where privacy shouldnt be a right honestly. I know theres this perception that PVPing and thus Red in general isn't 'nice' and thats why Red gets neglected but thats not the scenario. People join Red because they dont want all the super comfy protections and want to pvp. and they join Red because Red is advertised as such by the server.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CD_Marauder

CD_Marauder Moderator Staff Member Moderator

From that perspective it makes sense. As I said I don't play on red so in regards to red take what I said with a grain of salt. As for what should be done, I do agree more discussion should occur in this particular case among the staff that are more in tune with red's rules and think in red's mindset and not blue's.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wille

Wille Member

Bump because my sethomes keep getting deleted

6. Capsi

Capsi Supreme Overlord

Are your oldest sethomes being deleted, or specific ones set at other players claims?

7. Wille

Wille Member

recently ive noticed specific ones at other player's claims being deleted, without warning.

im not sure if random old sethomes are still being deleted as i havent noticed any missing yet more recently(like past 2 days).

8. Capsi

Capsi Supreme Overlord

Don't set homes in players claims then.
    If a player wants you out of their claim, you'd have to leave their claim. Similarly if you've set a home there in their claim and are using that to return, that sethome will be removed

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. Wille

Wille Member

10. sweney

sweney Moderator Staff Member Moderator

From your explanation it looks like staff removed some of your homes that where set at other peoples bases. This happens without warning and always on request from an player. Please keep your eyes on homes you set on your own lands. If any of those disappear let us know.

Greetings Sweney Applecraft Mod

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Wille

Wille Member

Will do for my sethomes getting lost on my own lands.

On the topic of mods removing sethomes, According to Murph, mods shouldn't be doing such things on red except in extreme situations.

12. shystars001

shystars001 New Member

I'd like to bump this back into existence because multiple players on RED server are experiencing major issues with "unlimited" sethomes

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. albinoorange

albinoorange New Member

Yeah, my sethomes have randomly been disappearing, I've asked and none of those players requested my sethome of their claim being deleted, I rarely bother anyone (besides a select few). So I know they weren't removed by a mod.

• Like Like x 1
  14. applebranch

applebranch Owner Staff Member Owner

Hi guys,

You can set unlimited sethomes on Applecraft, however through Essentials each player has their own .yml file to store data. Each of your sethomes is recorded in your .yml file. Once you set a certain number of /sethomes, at some point there can be issues with the file saving due to the size of the file that you're saving. This is particularly an issue if you have hundreds of sethomes. There isn't a hard limit to unlimited sethomes, but unfortunately this saving issue isn't something I can control at the moment.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1