Make the shops easier to navigate, plus an example

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Fearless Falcon, Jul 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Fearless Falcon

Fearless Falcon New Member

So, a few days ago I mentioned that the shop world is, admittedly, a little complex to explore and more often than not many shops go unnoticed. Apple admitted that it is a bit tough to navigate, but the shops are spaced farther apart to reduce lag compared to the old days when the shops were a compact grid. She also stated that she'd like to see my attempt at a better shop world for purple. Well, I'm not done with it yet, but I'm working on a prototype!

[​IMG]

Here we see a much more expanded grid prototype, with one titan shop plot on the upper left and the intersection of two roads on the bottom right. each of the colors on the roads represent a specific segment of the shops, so you could say your shop in in the purple section or the orange section.

[​IMG]

Here is a scaled down version of a section. each block represents an 11x11 block area to make shop plots easy to mark. each gold block is a player shop and the 2x2 diamond blocks represent the larger titan shops. The wood is to indicate a walkway. I calculated that with a shop world that is 2 sections wide and 4 sections long, there would be room for 364 player shops and 64 titan shops, more than enough to cover the purple server's demand for player shops. The large size of this theoretical shop world means that lag on each player is reduced by not having so many shops clustered together, and the blue ice used in the center of each road would allow for quick and easy travel.

So, Staff and Players of Applecraft, let this be the first step towards a simpler shop world where every player shop can be easily found and utilized. Any comments or feedback would be greatly appreciated, and thank you for your time.

-Falcon

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Gab

Gab Member

I like the idea
    Apple once told me tho, having all the shops on the same y lvl increases lag.
    Not saying it does but you might want to look into it

3. Fearless Falcon

The same y level? Odd. Mayhaps a rework is in order then.

4. Addeve

Addeve Active Member Staff Member Admin

Yea the shops world is definitely not an easy place to navigate, little fun fact we have over 400 shop plots in the shops world for blue/red.

As for the concept you posted, would probably work might need to be spread out slightly more and also just some decor to spruce it up a little

Definitely keep working on concepts and keep us posted :thumbsup:

5. Fearless Falcon

Well obviously I was going to add decor. I just didn't want to put a week and a half of effort developing the whole world just to get told it needs fixing, so this is just a prototype. I'll try and get something a bit more spread out. Hmm...

6. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot

Soooooo flaaaaaaat bleh
    Otherwise yes at the moment yes it's really hard to navigate