Melon's Map Madness Minigame!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by applebranch, Feb 5, 2019.

1. applebranch

applebranch Owner Staff Member Owner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hi guys!
    We have a BRAND NEW temporary minigame being released this weekend!
    MelonMarauda has set up a special survival minigame for everyone to play.
    Here is how it works...

1. You start with SEVEN maps in the Overworld.
    2. Only ONE of the maps leads you to the next set of SEVEN maps.
    3. Only ONE of those maps then takes you to the final set of SEVEN maps.
    4. ONE of these final maps takes you to the prize!

All people who make it to the end get a prize.
    However, the first group of people to make it to the end will win a SPECIAL PRIZE!
    The map is 20k x 20k. KeepInv is ON, but so is PVP.

The minigame will be released at:

12AM GMT on Saturday the 9th of February.

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. PeeledBlackMan

PeeledBlackMan Member

Is this teambased since u said the first group would win?

• Like Like x 1
  3. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Mel Staff Member Admin

The first team consisting of up to 7 people will win the first prize.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. PeeledBlackMan

PeeledBlackMan Member

teams are chosen by mods or can we arrange them ourselfs? and do they have to be 7 players?

• Like Like x 2
  5. MelonMarauda

Consisting of up to 7 players

And they're entirely up to you, just get together with a bunch of people and cry as you spend 3 days getting nowhere.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. derpywafflegamer

derpywafflegamer Member

LOL
    ahahahhah It does seem pretty hard, I am excited to play it though :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. DoggoDoge123

DoggoDoge123 New Member

are we able to use our items on blue?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. EpicHyato

EpicHyato New Member

From what I was told, when I surprised Melon, is that it's a new world but you'll be given certain items to use. Unfortuantly, no items from either worlds can be transferred.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Jiro

Jiro Member

How long will this last? I may not be able to play this weekend and I hope I can after that :/

Sounds very fun anyways!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
  10. MelonMarauda

A week or so
    It's on yellow world so no special items. Also homes, tp and some other commands are disabled to make it more challenging.

11. Wiggycat314

Wiggycat314 Member

Will it be accessible through the "Special Events" portal at spawn? And if so, will going back to blue reset our location in yellow or will we go back to the same spot when going through the portal again?

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
  12. MelonMarauda

Unsure sorry but you SHOULD go back to the same spot each time you travel, just like red and blue and wildy

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lethal5253

Lethal5253 New Member

Shoot I won't be there for the opening cuz I go to work 3 hours before it starts and won't get out till 3 hours after. I'm glad it lasts a week though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Redheaddude

Redheaddude New Member

so if pvp is on, how does respawning work? is there a central respawn location? time limit of some kind?

• Like Like x 1
  15. misty_firefly

misty_firefly New Member

I'm excited!!! Cannot wait for it to start!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Emberos7

Emberos7 New Member

Uh Oh Seems fun! and it did... Expect of the fact that people spoiled the coords in the GODDAMN CHAT!! uh.

17. Jiro

Jiro Member

Ok so after playing the minigame I have some feedback (in case it's ever done again, which I hope). Overall I really enjoyed the event and I think it was a pretty fun and original idea. However there were a few things I didn't like:

1- The time of start was unfair for europeans. The event started 1 AM here in Europe, and it was completed in like 8-9 hours. This means that we had literally no chance to get the best rewards unless we completely skipped sleep. So I hope that next time the event is done in a more fair time for all time zones, or at least that it takes longer to complete so that people in every timezone will have to go to sleep at least once before beating. It is really sad to wake up to see it already beaten.

2- You should be required to talk to the previous NPCs before talking to the next one. This is mainly to avoid having alts go straight for the NPC in the end. It kinda spoils the fun of going through all the parts of the game.

3- Either enable PvP or KeepInv. Both don't work well together. It's kinda pointless to kill others if you can't loot their items and they can instantly tp back with their homes. I personally would have made it like red, with no KeepInv and 3 second timer to tp, since it's a minigame that will last for just a week so losing your items it's not that big of a deal.

4- Spoiling the coords. This was probably my biggest issue with the event, people sharing the coords. What's the fun if you are told the coords? So either not allow players to share coords or disable coords from f3 info (not sure if possible tho :/).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wiggycat314

Wiggycat314 Member

I agree with all your points but this one I don't think could ever happen. The majority of the players on the server are focused in US time zones, European time zones, and Australian time zones so there's no good time to set an event that would work well for everyone. But I'm sure it wasn't intentional what happened; I don't think anyone realized how fast it would take for people to beat this one. I think it was believed it would take a group of seven people at minimum two days to beat. So assuming you were in a team consisting of international members in different time zones, team members could whittle away at it bit by bit, and when it became too late for some members, they could fill in the progress of the team members just logging in

It would be neat if they could have had three events running, each beginning at different times to accommodate the main three time zone areas. Perhaps by logging into one of the events would lock you from entering the other two to prevent getting rewards from the others. To prevent spoilers, the NPCs could have been at different banner locations from one event to the other. However, just because the NPC locations would be different, it wouldn't stop the general coords of the banner locations from being exchanged. Plus, I don't know if apple has the resources to have that many additional worlds at the moment. It would also just be generally inconvenient for Melon and apple to do

19. MelonMarauda

1. is my understanding that we do have the resources to achieve the the 3 different worlds idea for tackling the different timezones although it would have required a considerable amount of extra configuration to confine players to a single world and blocking them from the other 2. It is quite possible that we could have done it with a command block setup but we probably would either have to have a plugin written or find something that does exactly this. We also wanted people to freely make their own teams with whoever and if someone goes charging in to their timezone world and wanted to team with someone who had charged into a different world then we have a problem.

2. Yes definitely I agree that we should have implemented that but it was not thought of.

3. You can blame apple for that one :p my initial idea was to have PvP on, keepinv off and no homes but we settled on PvP on, keepinv on and no homes. Once it began she then also added homes as we believed it was going to be too difficult without.

4. Yeah... Look people are assholes and will always sell or give away coordinates for competitions. One thing we were going to do to combat this was move the final NPC around so it wouldn't be in the same spot BUT we decided not to because what if someone explores half the maps, we change it, they explore the rest and now think it's broken and there is no prize. Yes, we can announce when the NPC is moving BUT people are idiots and don't read things soooooooooooo yeah.

Thanks for the feedback though!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. WhiteGlue

WhiteGlue Active Member

Why does the admin have to bring more to the table than the owner does?