Mod abusing?

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by prvtfox, Jan 2, 2019.

?

Should he be demoted

Poll closed Jan 5, 2019.
  1. Yes

22.2%
  2. No

77.8%
  1. prvtfox

prvtfox New Member

At between 21:00 and 22:00 GMT a moderator named "SJStoby" on the applecraft server abused his permissions as a mod, most namedly the 0 second "/home" teleport to which mods have the privilege of having, to save his "life" in a clearly PvP situation. This occured on the wilderness server and the most prevalent use of this was when he was knocked into the void, as well as in other situations, where he stated in chat "that was close" and "Wow half a heart".
    Moderators by the names of "MacTwistie" and "Domo_Chan" were informed of the incident, it was them who informed me of the moderator's ability to "insta teleport" and i was directed to the forums. Other people who were present at the time: Miltaank_2 , srgtfox , connortwomey and of course me. prvtfox

tl:dr moderator been a naughty boy
    Have a nice day all legitimate players and hardcore memers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
  2. SJStoby

SJStoby Moderator Staff Member Moderator

yes, fair enough. I was not aware that the instant home was a moderator exclusive perk and didn't realize other players have a delay. If I am demoted I completely understand, and I hope this doesn't spoil your experience of the server. thx.
    P.S x-raying is not allowed on the server

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  3. Gumboot

Gumboot Rederator Staff Member Moderator

i can try and kill him for you if you want prvtfox?

4. sethreborn4

sethreborn4 New Member

Much like how the rules for us non staff players usually allow for 2nd chances for even the most serious offense, and 3rd,4th,5th chances for less serious ones, so too should the staff be allowed to fuck up every once in a while. We're all human.