Mods Shouldn't Have To Give A Million Warnings.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by HaiCopper, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HaiCopper

HaiCopper New Member

Title says it all, mods shouldn't have to give a million warnings before they can do something. On purple we have atleast 4 majorly racist, ableist, transphobic, homophobic, misogynistic rants and tirades EVERYDAY. And every time it happens, mods can only say "Hey lets quiet it down" "Hey stop" "Hey!" "Oi!".

It eventually dies down for maybe 2 or 3 hours and BAM it's back, but it's a new incident so the mods have to warn them again.

I've asked multiple mods who have said "There's nothing we can do, we have to give out warnings and can't do this and can't do that without warnings. "

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. HaiCopper

HaiCopper New Member

Also while we're here, let Helpers throw out mutes if the mods on the world are AFK as opposed to PMing other mods to come on.

3. JakeBeauty

JakeBeauty New Member

i agree i think they give so many warnings. one warning then a mute should be the rules tbh

4. Shadowyfigures

Shadowyfigures New Member

Yeah, i agree, when Certified_roadman (Ric-Rest in crap) Was being racist, and cyber bulling me the mods were just saying " Please stop" and then i got muted for telling him to stop. The mods need to be more serious when it comes to things like that instead of just saying " Watch the caps!" All day

5. Shadowyfigures

Shadowyfigures New Member

Btw, this was before i changed my user like 9 times, but i got him perm
    banned by apple herself. Hehe

6. joshtunnacliffe

joshtunnacliffe New Member

Hi, tunny here and I thought that I would address this personally from the perspective of an administrator.

First, off id like to state that I agree with what you are saying. I hate trolls, racists, homophobes and basically anyone who tries to be offensive just to trigger others. The mods should and do give a single warning to these people and then do mute the troublesome players, However addressing your point there are a few logistical issues with What you're suggesting that should actually happen to be put into effect.

The issue we have with doing this is that when a mod issues a warning to a player it's just on there behalf and most of the time this warning is not conveyed or noticed by the other moderators whom maybe aren't online during this time or are in a different world, this may lead to some overlap or multiple warnings by different mods. There is also the aspect of time we need to consider as if a mod is issuing warnings hours or even days apart in some cases there is the possibility of them forgetting or them simply deciding another warning is in order for this specific player.

These are all things to consider, however, I do agree that we do have a serious issue with trolls, racists and homophobic remarks being made towards other players, and it's simply not good enough on our part that we are letting them through the cracks. We should not be letting people who are conducting these types of "racist, ableist, transphobic, homophobic, misogynistic rants" get away with this, so I will personally be making sure that these people will not be getting away with this Anymore.

Also in a Slight addition also in reference to your comment Shadowy figures, the certified roadman situation is slightly more complicated, like in the case with all multiple chat offenders at the end of the day we don't want to ban them, but if they do get bad and they are consistent at doing this we do take further action on these individuals and do begin to give them much harsher punishments, we don't ignore these cases in fact we tend to look more closely at them thus the reason cert was banned in the end after an extensive history and previous temp banned for his actions.

So basically to summarise, this behavior that is being portrayed by these individuals is not ok and is inexcusable and yes, we don't want this being shown on the server, but you have to also understand out l logistical issues with what happens and why multiple warnings happen, and if u wish to discuss this further please feel free to message me on discord.
    tunny-

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Addeve

Addeve Active Member Staff Member Admin

Also to note sometimes people get warned a lot because A) multiple mods warn and don't see previous warnings and B) some mods are more lenient/generous when warning than others. Personally, and I like to advise mods to do the same and this is what apple recommends, warn once then mute if something happens again. That's just my share, but to make sure we aren't being "abusive" some staff will warn more.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CD_Marauder

CD_Marauder Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I like to warn once for bigger things like flooding/heavy spam and twice or more for smaller stuff like slower spamming but that's just my take
    Us as mods are also required to warn at least once before a mute.

9. XMorrox

XMorrox Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I agree, but there's also the issue of case-by-case basis' where We warn them, they stop... A couple minutes to an hour later, they do it again, we have to warn again, we can't just mute them for a past warning we've given. :\

Sometimes we also don't see all the things they do when already warned if we're distracted by real life, etc, and have to warn again before we can mute.

10. Elf

Elf New Member

I think that transphobic and homophobic insults aren't held anywhere near close to the same standard as someone being racist, transphobia especially seems to get lost/swept over in chat

• Like Like x 3
  11. Tack

Tack Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Helpers already have the privilege to mute if moderators/admins are AFK. and I have given helpers permission on multiple occasions to proceed with muting. That isn't something new.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. HaiCopper

HaiCopper New Member

Every time I ask helpers they say they can't because mods are AFK on purple, they say they have to get another mod from red or blue, and that can takes ages, if they even do come over. I'll keep this post in mind and make sure they know they can drop some fat mutes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. pikuh

pikuh New Member

i have not said anything transphobic, you literally thought yourself that saying theres only 2 genders is transphobic, thats your opinion, and not a factual thing by any means, before checking someone out as transphobic, read the definition again, dont make assumtions without any proof that the person is homophobic transphobic ableist etc etc, because thats targetting and ruining a players reputation, on purpose.
    Now i do think that there are way too many warnings before a mute, but that isnt either of our thing to say, as we are not staff and cannot decide on their actions.
    please do your research and dont harrass other people in chat as ive seen today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. HaiCopper

HaiCopper New Member

Hi Pikuh, I don't believe anyone mentioned your name along with the word "transphobia" in this thread.

15. Noxxy

Noxxy New Member

Oh boy the irony here. Something should be done about the targeted bullying too. I've got so many receipts on the both of you lol.

• Potato Potato x 1
  16. pikuh

pikuh New Member

huh? hmm,
    you really are bad at lying, you havent labeled anyone else but me transphobic, so why even being it up? haicopper,
    and ivoxxy you do know i apologized,

• Potato Potato x 2
  17. Elf

Elf New Member

You can stop wasting your time.. Mods can see chat logs anyways. Lol.

18. Raijikin

Raijikin Maperator Staff Member Moderator

You are all entitled to your opinions but a debate about how many genders there are really shouldn't be a topic for MC in general. This is a game and the server is made for everyone to enjoy if you are being harassed ignore them and you can even tell staff. We can't help if we don't know what's happening, you need to tell us.

• Like Like x 2
  19. CD_Marauder

CD_Marauder Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The other issue is the mods' and helpers' inability to punish anyone who only does this stuff while no staff are online in a particular world due to these protocols. No easy way for players to contact mods in other worlds either, short of actually moving to that world and seeing if any are available.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Noxxy

Noxxy New Member

Maybe you should know they can see your private messages sent to other players too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.