Mods turn a blind eye to some rulebreakers

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by AnakinWolf777, Dec 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinWolf777

AnakinWolf777 New Member

Hello. I am here to report some people
    So Starting almost a week ago Classymassy, Certifiedroadman and some titans have been disregarding the server rules. Classy multiple times would say donating is stupid, however I know that donations are the only thing supporting the server and I believe that if he keeps mouthing off to everyone about donating then donating will stop. I am trying to counter this but sadly the staff does not help. Also, multiple times Classy has picked on my friends and I do not like it when people pick on those I care about. So At first I'd address him nicely at which point he'd get mad at me and cussing. I try to keep things toned down but Every time, he insists on making matters worse. I am not alone on many people, not just my friends, but other people outside his friends he picks on. He disrespects everyone, and curses as well as harasses my friends. The staff tells people to end things when they defend themselves, but are perfectly fine when Classy continues stuff. According to the rules, he's breaking rules 4, 5, and 10.
    Rule 4, No racism, hate speech, harassment, or excessive swearing.
    Rule 5, Respect other players and staff
    Rule 10, When asked by a staff member to end a conversation, end it.
    I feel screenshots are not needed as there are many people who have to deal with his excessive bullying. I am kinda disappointed in the staff because this is not the first time they've picked and chose people they are close to and turned a blind eye to them. The staff member I_Dont_Need_Help has stated that rule 5 is basically non-existent, however some of my friends, who are not as rich as the people they ignore the broken rules of, have been muted and even jailed for things much lesser than what Classymassy says daily, heck maybe every 15 minutes he's on! Looking through the forums, I see I am not the first one to report staff for disregarding the rulebreakers. GNAWERS, Lornon101, Reeeeer, tomes20, Red1Monster, and a few others had posted here on the forums about some kind of thing, be it neglect or unreasonable banning, that the staff is doing. As I do not know these people, and know that some of them have been in trouble, they all try to be better. The staff on the other hand repeatedly disregard the rules for the upper people on applecraft, which is titans, rich people, or just plain popular people. The staff posts on there trying to deny this, but this is the 6th report that staff (mods) is inefficient. This is not a problem I find among admins, as they have a good understanding of the rules and to be honest, the Admins of the server are the best admins I've ever seen on any server, let alone game. But that's besides the point. There are 5 other people, at least (And I know not every player that's had problems with the staff posts here on the forums), that have noticed problems with the mods. I believe that both Classy and his group, and the mods who have been ignoring problems (now there are some good mods, but not much, that I'd rather not get innocent trouble because innocent people should not be punished). I believe knowledge and ignorance of rule breakers is as bad as breaking the rules themselves. I believe AppleCraft should be a place for players to enjoy. Not a place with corrupted power-holders. But a place where people can escape from the broken world into a place they can just have fun. Looking back at about June 2017, before most of the current mods were even helpers, there was less problems then there is now. People wonders why there is so much bad, it's because of the people who hold power put their friendships in front of the server. Not saying friendship is less valuable than the jobs that need to be done, but rather the staff needs to be ready to punish anyone who breaks the rules unpermissively, no matter how hard it is for them. If a police officer has a friend who is holding a weapon to innocent people what does he do? Let the friend murder innocent people? No, he arrests them, and if need be he kills them in self defence. I am not saying staff should arrest or kill people, but that they need to do something. If a police officer chooses to do nothing, they lose their position. I believe this is what needs to be done with the mods who choose not to punish their friends. They try the old 'That's not against the rules' card, but lets face it, they do not even do a good job at doing that. How you might ask? Simple really. They punish others for something that they do not punish these people for.
    Thanks for your time and have a good day.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. Ton

Ton New Member

Got some real time on your hands.

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. albasant

albasant Member

Yeah i mean... I think you should take a step back from this whole situation and gain some perspective. This is a minecraft server, i suggest you take it less seriously. People are allowed and encouraged to critisize the donation system, it does have its faults after all. trust me when i say these peoples bellyaching does not actually effect wether or not someone donates. Additionaly, as a "rich popular person" i can tell you we dont get any special treatment. The staff hates people like classy, heck, most of the staff are loners who at best are tied with a town or something. think about it, beacuse of people like him, now they have to deal with posts like this. If you you see him breaking a rule, report it to staff, and if they dont do anything, its more likely beacuse they dont see it as a large enough offence then any kind lf favoritisim. Its not like these people go unpunished either, they get mutes and jail time repeatadly. Just ask tonvold if you want a perfect example. If staff goes around smiting everyone even a little out of line, there wont be much of a server left to play on. Again, its a minecraft server, chill out a little.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Leon Bellamy

Leon Bellamy New Member

But it still can hurt people’s feelings happened to me to also it there in black and white not verbal said so need to be banned

• Like Like x 1
  5. AnakinWolf777

AnakinWolf777 New Member

You cant say it's all me when many people have said this exact same thing. And the staff allows them to break THREE rules

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. AnakinWolf777

AnakinWolf777 New Member

Normally people would've been banned by now

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Mel Staff Member Admin

I would like to start by saying that saying our donation system is dumb is not against the rules, saying the server is dumb, saying I'm dumb, disrespecting the server is not against the rules.

I would also like to reiterate what albasant said. We do not like these people. We are not friends with these people. Why would I make friends with someone who is just trying to be a pain in my ass and cause posts like this to occur. That is simply ludicrous. Staff make friends with people who are generally quiet or chill because we don't have to deal with them every 2 seconds. That being said, I'm aware that the mods may be taking things too lightly and we have already begun looking into changing the way we handle chat related incidents.

Now, onto your grievance with these people. We operate on a system of evidence. If you want something done about someone who is systematically harrassing or bullying people we need details. We need screenshots. If I was a troll and we didn't require evidence, I could rock up onto the server and start posting all sorts about random people and get them banned. Also correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen another report on classy (except for that other one today) and cert so it would still be hard to punish them simply because you say other people are having issues with them too. Also, for people like him you can use the /ignore and /ignoreplayer commands to ignore them in both general chat and private messages. This gets rid of their unsightly crap so you don't have to put up with it anymore.

I would love to help you by punishing these people, I don't enjoy responding to these posts because it shows people are frustrated with a place I try and help keep together, but please... Please help us help you by giving us evidence of the problem.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  8. albasant

albasant Member

I would argue that this is "normally", unless your talking about a person who litrally just joined the server and whos only action is to spam chat and be racisg, chat based offences NEVER lead to a ban, they often however lead to mutes and jail time. Additionally, rules 4/5 are only ever enforced in extreme cases, and are in the eye of the enforcer (staff), as i stated. Additionally, i would need a complete chat log for you to get me to believe that anyone actually gets away with breaking rule 10- i never see that.

9. MelonMarauda

Also to make it more clear, we need to evidence so that way we can tell the person they are being punished because of X an Y and here I can show you doing X and Y. That way they can't just deny it and it becomes he said she said, not because I don't believe the problem is occurring.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CommanderOtto

CommanderOtto Active Member

classymassy and roadman are a problem in this server. He did not post evidence because it occurs everyday? According to another thread, one of them was muted for 1 little hour. I dont think anyone should be banned, but these two deserve like a week of mute. There are literally 2 or 3 mods looking at the whole thing. I cant post pictures because I ignored, but somehow typing "ignore" twice DOES NOT unignore. There is some kind of bug.

In any case, the title is very fitting because that's how it feels.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. MelonMarauda

If mods are ignoring it and you want action to be taken by admins or others powers then I need to see it. Unfortunately due to how often I get on the server I don't see anything. I log in and people don't know who I am half the time.

Also if the mods are ignoring as much as you say they are, posting this isn't going to snap them into action. They clearly don't think whatever is happening is worth their time. Instead it's going to get someone like me to respond who can snap them into action if you show me what's happening.

• Like Like x 1
  12. applebranch

applebranch Owner Staff Member Owner

We are going to improve our mute system to hopefully prevent these issues.

I'll make an official forums post about it once it's done.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  13. Baert

Baert New Member

I'm glad to hear you say this Apple. It's a ridiculous that that same people keep breaking the same rules DAILY and even multiple times a day and all they get is a slap on the wrist mute. These trolls ruin global chat and the good people that don't want to see that garbage shouldn't have to be the ones to opt out of global because of it. I hope the improved mute system has an increasing scale for consistent offenders. 1st offense = X minute mute, 2nd X+X min. mute etc.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CertifiedRoadman

CertifiedRoadman New Member

You know dem ones when your name gets mentioned but the report doesn't include anything about you... looks like someone's looking for a reason to speak my name

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. beebumbler

beebumbler New Member

Try /unignore

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. ShortLeeEnfield

ShortLeeEnfield New Member

hold up
    why is there a calling for punishment in the forums and im not the one being called to punishment?

• Potato Potato x 1
  17. Classymassy

Classymassy New Member

Fucking hell you mustn't have had anything better to do with your time than write all this about me? I know you secretly love me considering the amount of times you used my name but if you and your friends can't take the slightest bit of criticism there is no hope for any of us to be honest. I've done my fair share of mutes and punishments (some of which i don't agree with but that's for another day) but they do crack down on people who don't follow rules so what you've spent hours coming up with all that isn't very accurate buddy :) So think twice or three times before putting shit up about me in the future. Merry Christmas to you ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Cherik66

Cherik66 Member

Says the person who banned on Discord....

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Classymassy

Classymassy New Member

And that's relevant to this because... If you have nothing relevant to say don't bother good lad :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Cherik66

Cherik66 Member

Its very relevant since you say you're a "good lad". People who mind the rules and dont get out of line dont get restricted. You were banned on Discord, but you are a "good lad". Between that and this, Im seeing a narcissist who loves to gaslight and blow smoke to play the victim. Awwwe, poor you.

FYI your "fair share of mutes" should be ZERO. Ive never been muted. Yes, I have been warned a fair few times, but guess what? I shut up. I drop the topic. I don't continue. If you have been muted more than once then you are a problem. If you are a repeat offender, then you need to find another server who likes "good lads" like you. Agitants and instigators are finally getting thier comeuppance and we shall see how many will survive as we go into this new mute system.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.