My Applecraft Red Suggestions (with poll)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by albinoorange, Jan 14, 2020 at 7:27 PM.

?

Player opinions poll:

1. YES to More PvP Oriented events.

18 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. NO to More PvP Oriented events.

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. YES to shops in the overworld.

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  4. NO to shops in the overworld.

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. YES to tweaking of the scam rules.

15 vote(s)
    68.2%
  6. NO to tweaking of the scam rules.

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  7. YES to being more transparent to newbies.

18 vote(s)
    81.8%
  8. NO to being more transparent to newbies.

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. albinoorange

albinoorange Member

1. Tweaking of the scam rules:

Saying that someone giving you a free item in a tp is "trading a tp for an item" is kind of a stretch and is, in my opinion, ridiculous. I feel like scamming should be changed to trade scamming to be more specific. I even got jailed for putting up a chest trap that blew up the outside of someones house because I was "offering them something".

Many players have had clashes with staff due to the scamming rules being vague/too strict.

2. More PvP oriented events (Such as a server wide tournament, no rares allowed most likely):

A lot of events in the last year have been things such as mazes, fishing, parkour. These are all fine, and fun for a lot of people but PvP events would be cool. Yesterday on AppleCraft Red Craving_Soda was quitting the server and decided to give away all his rares to winners of PvP tournaments and also hid treasure and made people race to coordinates. This got about 10-20 players at all times participating in his event. This was the most fun I've seen players have in an event. The rewards can be like old crate keys or whatever the admins and apple decide.

3. Shops in the overworld (to provide more use for player warps):

Shop world has its issues. One major issue is that it expires way way before claims expire, so for some players who are busy they'd be safer having a shop in an actual claim. Also if shops can be set up in the overworld players who quit and expire on red can be raided by other people (which will provide items for newer players and boost economy, inflation may be bad, but deflation is much worse)

4. Being more welcoming/transparent to newbies on red:

I feel like because of the PvP/TP Killing, etc. that new players should be made more aware of this in some ways. Maybe even adding some signs under the server characters in /lobby to tell more details about the server would help. Also many people go on blue/purple thinking griefing is allowed and they start breaking rules, if the lobby had more detailed signs maybe they would come onto red instead of causing issues on blue/purple. The /rules are even broken and say on red TP killing is not allowed, leading newbies to lose all their items.

I was gonna suggest a player warp plugin, very cool that 1 is now being added! I believe this is a big and positive change for the server. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020 at 10:34 PM
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. albinoorange

albinoorange Member

I feel like shop world items get wasted, a lot of cool stuff that could be reintroduced to the economy, it feels like a waste to delete items on a raiding enabled world.

Maybe not delete them? Save the items in a vault to give out during events so newer players can earn stuff. There is a huge economic gap between the rich and the poor on red.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020 at 7:52 PM
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Sow_God

Sow_God Member

there should be a special shop on red where all the contents of deleted shops go. at the shop people should be able to bid on all the rares for a week

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. albinoorange

albinoorange Member

Anything is better than wasting good stuff imo, in a raiding world that is....

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheSarchasm

TheSarchasm Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Make it like those Storage War shows. You can't go in to the shop but you can stand at the door and and peak in then fight each other for the privilege of owning 12 crates of garbage and a 17th century vase :p

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Potato x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  6. Rob

Rob Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'd like to see the scam rules clarified, but not necessarily in the same way as you. A scam is when someone receives something in a trade that is not what they were TOLD it was.

As for tp killing with trades, it needs to be treated separate from scams all together. If two parties agree on a TRADE and tp killing occurs, that is a trade killing and should be against the rules (it is, just to clarify). If ONE PARTY makes an offer and tp killing occurs, that's a tp kill.

So, to use Albino's example, if I were to say "TP to me, I've left a gift in this chest" and you do then you get blowed up, too bad for you. But if I say "TP to me, I've left a gift in this chest" and you say "That's very nice of you, I'm brining you flowers in return." And I agree, then kill you then too bad for me. That's a trade kill and is against the rules.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. albinoorange

albinoorange Member

I agree with you 100%

8. aeliny

aeliny Moderator Staff Member Moderator

As far as I know, the rules are being reworked to be clearer to players and staff across the board.

As for shops, Malpatch made a good suggestion about people's items and giving them away (can't remember full details, but wouldn't hurt to ask). Sarch's idea is pretty good, too. I don't think having them in the overworld would be a good option, as personally I would be pissed to have the surrounding area griefed as people like to do on red. Not all items from shops are just gone forever, Murph for example does his best in storing them in the player's echest and other safe places, at least when he can get online.

With newbies, we do our best to have them read the rules and/or let them know about pvp once they join (not everyone does, but a lot of us do), its really up to them on whether they plan on taking the time to know what's allowed and not allowed before dying or doing something against the rules. So, I don't think we have much control over that. I think your idea is a decent one, but I mean we have to show newbies where even the wild warp is 70% of the time lol.

I think your best suggestion is more pvp related events, often we have ones that would be more appealing to blue and purple players, but not so much red. Addeve has been doing great on planning monthly advents and a pvp related one could be added in the future (possibly).

• Like Like x 1
  9. albinoorange

albinoorange Member

My opinion on shops in the overworld isn't too strong tbh, I'd like it, but eh, I just don't think the shit should be wasted (especially in shop claims that only last like 3 weeks)

And if you have a 1 of a kind rare like a 1st place prize from something, it just seems like a huge waste.

10. Koree

Koree Moderator Staff Member Moderator

We are working on a new version of the rules. We currently have a layout being passed around and proof read but a few members of staff so hopefully we'll have that up soon to help clarify anything that is still in a gray area.

I am 100% behind Sarchasm's idea for a bid wars. I think it would be fun and entertaining for everyone. I would even be up to run a couple of them myself. But if we did that we'd probably have to sort out some rules for it as well(i.e can only a certain number of players join, can they bid with things other than dbs, etc). So maybe we could work something out(im down to annoy other staff members with this idea as well until i get a yes or no)

Also like aeliny said, we can be as transparent as possible. We can put up signs and npcs and tell them in chat or msgs but if people still choose to ignore it than that's also up to them. (Ive never personally read the rules myself upon joining the server, i just learned from the environment).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Addeve

Addeve Active Member Staff Member Admin

- Sounds like rules are being covered
    - I gotchu on events just give me some time to get it figured out. I'll open my PVP arena this weekend in red

Shops. I don't think having them in the overworld is a good idea just for scamming potential. I can guarantee at some point it will become an issue, which we can simply avoid. I like the ideas I see here about keeping them, let's just figure out a good way we can do it. I like the storage wars idea lol

Transparency: sounds like a good idea to me, I agree it could be listed in /lobby in front of the NPC probably

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheSarchasm

Alright, I have a D key now so I can respond better.

1) Yes. More PVP events. Honestly I'd like to see more people out and about raiding and pillaging as well. It's kinda red's thing, but I feel like we've lost a lot of that rampaging spirit lately.

2) No strong opinion on shops in the over world. I'm fine with the shop world as it is, although it does bum me out when people's things are deleted. I wouldn't mind people making shops in the over world if they wanted to, but it would come with the caveat that they wouldn't get the same protection as proper shops in the shop world.

3) The scam rules are currently being re-worked and clarified, keeping in mind that traps and TP killing is allowed on red.

4) Ideally the rules for all three servers are going to be very easily accessible, in multiple places, and the differences between the server will be clear from the lobby and in spawn. We've talked about signs, holograms, and potentially re-doing the lobby to space the NPCs out and make it obvious that Red and Blue/Purple cater to different play styles. We'll see what happens there, but yeah, the goal has been to help with our attrition rate by making the server differences clear from the get-go.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. albinoorange

albinoorange Member

Maybe as prizes in some events?

14. Hai_Ri

Hai_Ri New Member

I like the idea of using abandoned shop items as event prizes, you could also make like a general store or auction parties in the shop world with all the left behind items and use that as funds for event prizes. Question: when a shop gets deleted does the currency in the chests (if any) also get deleted?

15. TheSarchasm

Currently when a shop plot is wiped, everything is wiped. Currency, items, chests, the whole nine yards.