Observer Limit Should Change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rulfayem, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Rulfayem

Rulfayem New Member

I feel like have an observer limit is redundant as having a lot of observers does not generate a lot of lag. I can understand pistons and hoppers, but observers are just irrelevant. Redstone dust and repeaters definitely cause way more lag than observers do, and they are used way more compared to observers. Therefore I think observers should just not have any kind of limit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Wille

Wille Member

I agree. If an observer isnt in a clock it wont lag more than repeaters do haha. Or redstone lamps those lag way more. Usually observers are used into tileable machines which arent gonna activate all at once ever.

3. Murph

Murph Redmin Staff Member Admin

as someone thats taken down redstone contraptions lagging red more than anyone else that plays the server im telling you now you dont want to remove these limits.

redstone is the devil

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot

This man tells the truth

5. shadowfire109

shadowfire109 Active Member

You are also forgetting the function of an observer. It is constantly looking for a change just because there no output signal doesn't mean the block itself isn't doing anything.

6. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot

It's like a hopper in that sense, it's always looking for something to do, every tick

7. Wille

Wille Member

oh didnt know that.

it would be cool to increase it slightly to 45 or even 42 so that certain machines that need them like potion machines can be built.